FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

MLT apk disable or remove - LG is watching you

5,451 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,595

Post Reply Email Thread
LG seems to have included a snooper app "MLT" which per default is enabled, and probably serves purpose to help LG remote support, but it tries to track all your activity and logs GPS position together with the details gathered, and that includes calls, apps starting, removing etc...

all data is collected and placed on /mpt partition, it seems not to be per reboot, but actually kept during flash and upgrades.

i sugges you disable this(maybe already is on 4.0.3) MLT.apk + MLT.odex and reboot or disable in hidden menu (3845#*880# -> MLT -> disable)

why track all your moves on the phone, and basically make it slow as well?

btw, this is also on 4.0.3, and not only on latest 4.1.2 stock.
The Following 68 Users Say Thank You to Dexter_nlb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dexter_nlb Ad-Free

12th March 2013, 09:18 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 904

More
AW: MLT apk disable or remove - LG is watching you
Wow thanks for the hint...

So you think they spot unlocked bootloaders with that or even root?

...sent with my LG Optimus 4X HD...
12th March 2013, 09:19 PM |#3  
Flag Cork
Thanks Meter: 162

More
Thank you! So theoretically, disabling this should help performance, right?
12th March 2013, 09:20 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 126

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_nlb

LG seems to have included a snooper app "MLT" which per default is enabled, and probably serves purpose to help LG remote support, but it tries to track all your activity and logs GPS position together with the details gathered, and that includes calls, apps starting, removing etc...

all data is collected and placed on /mpt partition, it seems not to be per reboot, but actually kept during flash and upgrades.

i sugges you disable this(maybe already is on 4.0.3) MLT.apk + MLT.odex and reboot or disable in hidden menu (3845#*880# -> MLT -> disable)

why track all your moves on the phone, and basically make it slow as well?

btw, this is also on 4.0.3, and not only on latest 4.1.2 stock.

Thanx BRO
12th March 2013, 09:20 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Copenhagen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDuty

So you think they spot unlocked bootloaders with that or even root?

no, i just fell over the /mpt partition and saw all the data together with the IMEI in serial file, but it does not change anything.

it can be something enables it or something else.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dexter_nlb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dexter_nlb Ad-Free
12th March 2013, 09:23 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
thx for Info Dex.
Now i need to install new sniffer to find so bad tools too.

regards ice
12th March 2013, 09:25 PM |#7  
Flag Hartford
Thanks Meter: 224

Donate to Me
More
Re: MLT apk disable or remove - LG is watching you
Maybe you can view these activities better in logcat or another debug? It probably wont show exactly what data is going out to LG, but it still may be interesting to see how active the app is.

Sent from my R800i using xda premium
12th March 2013, 09:32 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Copenhagen

Donate to Me
More
ok,
looking more into the MPT_MainData.db , it is only tracking data from 4.1.2 , so even if app is on 4.0.3, the /mpt must be cleared when you flash a new kdz that is only good news but still little strange.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dexter_nlb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dexter_nlb Ad-Free
12th March 2013, 10:35 PM |#9  
Flag Wrocław
Thanks Meter: 29

Donate to Me
More
Odp: MLT apk disable or remove - LG is watching you
Ok i disabled MLT and my phone now is very fast and smooth. I don't have any lag in launcher. So this is very strange...

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda premium
12th March 2013, 10:48 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
I couldnt go to hidden menu and disable it - unless I already did while I was cleaning out bloatware.
12th March 2013, 11:22 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Copenhagen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by someth1ng

I couldnt go to hidden menu and disable it - unless I already did while I was cleaning out bloatware.

i believe so, i found it on the list, when i searched xda for hits , so i could check name before i wrote something bad or incorrect .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)