[GSM] Jelly Bean OTA 982.124.14.XT910.Vodafone.en.EU & en.FR

3,566 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,480

By HSD-Pilot, Recognized Contributor on 13th March 2013, 02:29 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Jelly Bean OTA 982.124.14.XT910.Vodafone.en.EU & en.FR

IF YOU WANNA FLASH THE RETAIL VERSION LOOK @ THIS THREAD

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192532

The Time has come, we got the first European JB Leak for our XT910. An huge Thanks goes to huzgu444, who leaked the OTA Update for ust.

Warning

After you've applyed the Update there's NO WAY BACK TO ICS. If you try it, you'll brick! Also we got no Fastboot Files for RSD, so handle your Stock Slot with care!

This Update can be flashed on European and Asian Devices without messing up with your CID.

Charge your Battery till 100% before you start

The necessary ICS Vodafone Fastboot File is an Full Flash Firmware. It will format your internal SD during the RSD-Flash!

Requirements

To apply the JB OTA you have to be on 672.180.41.XT910.Vodafone.en.EU without any Modifications, like deleted System Apps or changed Boot.img / Baseband.
I recommend to start with an fresh RSD Lite - Flash, before you try to apply the OTA.

Downloads

OTA Update Zip

Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper

How To

I'll show you how you have to apply the Update without loosing your Root.

1. Copy the Blur_Version.672.180.41.XT910.Vodafone.en.EU.zip into the Root of your external SD-Card

2. Update your SU-Binarys

3. Install the Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper on your Device and open it. Choose Protect Root and temp. unroot

4. Boot into Stock Recovery

5. Wipe Cache

6. Choose apply Update from external Storage and select the Blur_Version.672.180.41.XT910.Vodafone.en.EU.zip. Wait untill the Update-Process is finished and your RAZR is booted completely

7. The last step is to open the Voodoo Rootkeeper again and to restore your Root.

That's it, now you're running an clean and rooted JB on your European or Asian XT910

Extras

Kernel & Radio

Carrier Changer
This will help you to kick your Carrier from your Statusbar (Set one Space!). Carrier Name doesn't work on JB

If you Guys coming from France, you can follow these Steps by using the Jelly Bean OTA 982.124.14.XT910.Vodafone.en.FR, posted by vamporace

Jelly Bean OTA 982.124.14.XT910.Vodafone.en.FR

Don't forget to hit the Thanks-Button for this Guy

The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to HSD-Pilot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HSD-Pilot Ad-Free

13th March 2013, 03:00 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag NRW

More
An little Warning: You can't change to the CDMA JB Kernel after flashing this Leak. You'll stuck in AP after that (I've tried both > XMAS Leak & Soak Test OTA)

Edit: And none of the CDMA JB Roms is booting.
13th March 2013, 03:38 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSD-Pilot

An little Warning: You can't change to the CDMA JB Kernel after flashing this Leak. You'll stuck in AP after that (I've tried both > XMAS Leak & Soak Test OTA)

CDMA ICS did work , mate .
Whirleyes confirmed that a xt909 kernel WORKS for rooting .
13th March 2013, 03:44 AM |#4  
Flag NRW

More
AW: [GSM] Jelly Bean OTA 982.124.14.XT910.Vodafone.en.EU
I was talking about the CDMA JB Kernel, not about ICS. I've not tried to switch the Kernel to ICS. I just tried to boot some Custom Roms without success.
But no big deal, till now it's running fine and i know how to get this Rom to fit my needs.

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 2
13th March 2013, 03:49 AM |#5  

More
Quote:

I was talking about the CDMA JB Kernel, not about ICS. I've not tried to switch the Kernel to ICS. I just tried to boot some Custom Roms without success.
But no big deal, till now it's running fine and i know how to get this Rom to fit my needs.

Sorry 4 my misunderstanding .
But I can confirm that directly root /w p18 trick works .
The Following User Says Thank You to shiwuye12 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shiwuye12 Ad-Free
13th March 2013, 03:51 AM |#6  
Flag NRW

More
AW: [GSM] Jelly Bean OTA 982.124.14.XT910.Vodafone.en.EU
But we have to delete the CID for that, right?
I've keept my Root, so i've not tried anything.
Just one User here in Germany confirmed that the Razr Blade JB Root doesn't work on this OTA :thumbdown:

Edit: Just spoted the Thread...you mean this, right?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=37856442

13th March 2013, 04:04 AM |#7  

More
Quote:

But we have to delete the CID for that, right?
I've keept my Root, so i've not tried anything.
Just one User here in Germany confirmed that the Razr Blade JB Root doesn't work on this OTA :thumbdown:

Edit: Just spoted the Thread...you mean this, right?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=37856442

No.
This is a direct ROOT method w/o p18 trick .
I mean modding the china 4.1.2 root method .
13th March 2013, 04:05 AM |#8  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 2,149

Donate to Me
More
Seems like i stay with Verizon JB for a while then and btw, judging from the screenshot, seems still very ICS-esque like.. :-/

and Btw, i haven't heard any other manufacturer who pushes the Carrier OTA before (or even worse, instead of) releasing the Retail OTA except Motorola. Really weird though. But maybe Motorola knows that retail number isn't as much as carrier ones. but still..
13th March 2013, 04:07 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansip87

Seems like i stay with Verizon JB for a while then and btw, judging from the screenshot, seems still very ICS-esque like.. :-/

and Btw, i haven't heard any other manufacturer who pushes the Carrier OTA before (or even worse, instead of) releasing the Retail OTA except Motorola. Really weird though.

Dude
Check the kernel build date !
No ICS KERNEL was made in 2013 !
13th March 2013, 04:25 AM |#10  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 2,149

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiwuye12

Dude
Check the kernel build date !
No ICS KERNEL was made in 2013 !

I'm not sure why you're answering my statement (it's not a question fyi) i just stated that the UI is still ICS like. Nowhere in my post that i said anything about kernel geez..
13th March 2013, 04:27 AM |#11  

More
Quote:

Would you mind making a BMM nandroid to everybody?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
jelly bean, leak, motorola, razr, xt910

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)