FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HOW TO] Enable quick launch on Droid 4 (Android 4)

127 posts
Thanks Meter: 32

By Tanzior, Senior Member on 13th March 2013, 08:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1. Launch the app by opening Terminal and running:
am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.android.settings/.quicklaunch.QuickLaunchSettings

2. Or download and install Manual Intent Shortcuts in market which can create the shortcut as follows:
Action: android.intent.action.MAIN
Component Package: com.android.settings
Component Class FQN: com.android.settings.quicklaunch.QuickLaunchSettin gs (not Settin gs =>Settings )
Click image for larger version

Name:	_rSIGSQ8hs0.jpg
Views:	1054
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	1804512
Sent from my DROID4 using xda app-developers app

13th March 2013, 11:05 PM |#2  
Flag West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
Thanks Meter: 349

More
Really neat stuff. works perfectly!
13th September 2013, 03:18 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I was wondering if it is possible to completely disable quick launch in a similar way? I have a droid 4 with a physical keyboard that is running jellybean so the regular quick launch menu isn't available to disable it. I followed your directions and I am able to open quick launch with the terminal, but I can't set the preset shortcuts to nothing, I can only select another app. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanzior

1. Launch the app by opening Terminal and running:
am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.android.settings/.quicklaunch.QuickLaunchSettings

2. Or download and install Manual Intent Shortcuts in market which can create the shortcut as follows:
Action: android.intent.action.MAIN
Component Package: com.android.settings
Component Class FQN: com.android.settings.quicklaunch.QuickLaunchSettin gs (not Settin gs =>Settings )
Attachment 1804512
Sent from my DROID4 using xda app-developers app

19th September 2013, 02:26 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxgirl17

I was wondering if it is possible to completely disable quick launch in a similar way? I have a droid 4 with a physical keyboard that is running jellybean so the regular quick launch menu isn't available to disable it. I followed your directions and I am able to open quick launch with the terminal, but I can't set the preset shortcuts to nothing, I can only select another app. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

can't find any way to deselect things, sorry.

wanted to add though that another way of accessing quick launch is using nova launcher, some other launchers would allow it too. long-press on home screen > short cuts > activities > expand "settings" > QuickLaunchSettings
19th September 2013, 02:45 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by keflexxx

can't find any way to deselect things, sorry.

wanted to add though that another way of accessing quick launch is using nova launcher, some other launchers would allow it too. long-press on home screen > short cuts > activities > expand "settings" > QuickLaunchSettings

Ok, thanks a lot. The problem I was having was that while texting with the physical keyboard it would randomly open up the phone app and start typing whatever I was typing into the contact search and subsequently calling people before I realized what was happening. I assumed this was a problem with the quick launch selecting the contacts app and causing problems for me. I really don't know how the quick launch was being activated in the first place though as the only "search" button I have that activates the quick search is located on the face of the phone and I know I am not pressing it. Do you know of any other methods of activating quick launch which a physical keyboard or if there is a glitch with a phone that was upgraded from ICS to Jellybean?

Thanks again,

Foxgirl17
19th September 2013, 06:34 PM |#6  

More
Try rebooting your phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxgirl17

Ok, thanks a lot. The problem I was having was that while texting with the physical keyboard it would randomly open up the phone app and start typing whatever I was typing into the contact search and subsequently calling people before I realized what was happening. I assumed this was a problem with the quick launch selecting the contacts app and causing problems for me. I really don't know how the quick launch was being activated in the first place though as the only "search" button I have that activates the quick search is located on the face of the phone and I know I am not pressing it. Do you know of any other methods of activating quick launch which a physical keyboard or if there is a glitch with a phone that was upgraded from ICS to Jellybean?

Thanks again,

Foxgirl17

I used to have the same problem when I was running the stock ROM. Occasionally while using the physical keyboard, the phone would start jumping to random programs. The problem wasn't consistent, but was easily solved by rebooting the phone. I haven't had the issue since switching to AVATAR ROM. Must have been a bug in the stock software.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)