These builds are very unstable and should not be used on a daily base. It's pretty much just a preview of a preview. Use these builds at your own risk!
Ubuntu Touch is not ready for daily usage yet and these builds lack a lot of functionality usually available in Ubuntu Touch - you have been warned!
I will publish new builds when new features are done! Please do not aks for ETAs as this is very new stuff to work on, for me.
These builds are based on Andromadus Android ROMs, I use the kernel and device configuration and I would not have anything to deliver yet if I could not use these sources as a base.
You can find the source of my phablet build on Github.
I will host the builds on http://share.cascaded-web.com/phablet-saga/alpha
...go to flinny/Andromadus for their awesome work on the saga Cyanogenmod 10.1 port. Which phablet-saga uses as the base.
Working sound (+phone calls and everything related)
Working GPU acceleration
Fixed some scaling issues (Keyboard and phone dialer) - you need to flash the new quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip to get the scaling fixes
Working WIFI in apps
initial WIFI support (browser does not work but ssh/apt-get/...)
First bootable version
These are the most annoying things:
- 3G (not implemented in Ubuntu Touch at all yet)
- Battery Indicator
- fetch both zip files from the current build
- don't forget to create a backup of your current ROM
- do a full wipe (system/data/cache)
- flash the phablet-saga file
- make sure you have at least one gb of free space on /sdcard (else the next flash will fail)
- flash quantal-preinstalled
- reboot & pray