FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

(Shutdown Animation) QMG file creation

106 posts
Thanks Meter: 122

By xessus, Senior Member on 14th March 2013, 08:28 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone, this is my guide to create extension .QMG files used by Samsung to storage images & animations like bootanimation and shutdown animation.

ok lets kick it!

Quote:

Edited: here is a video posted by anbech (TNX BRO!!!) to show us how to do it, anyway the tuto its down here but the video its simply awsome!
(he told us how to create the "bootanimation" for shutdown anitmation just rename as shutdown.qmg and place it in system/media/video/shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD_J-Sdchlg
its best viewed in fullscreen, as i was recording the whole desktop..
cheers
and dont forget to set it to 720p...

EDIT:
just noticed that i made an error in the youtube video....
forgot to convert from Frames per second to milliseconds..
but check in the bottom of the video description

Software required:
Samsung theme Designer
(7zip, winrar, winzip)

http://developer.samsung.com/themes/...Designer-2-0-4

Note: you will need your full animation sequence frame by frame in 480 X 800 (Samsung Galaxy S Advance) resolution and named with numeric sequence example: Image_000.png, image_001.png, image_002.png, etc.

1.- Open Samsung Theme Designer and create new theme, use type "feature(NonTouch) phone", then "select model" and use any model and "select Showcase" use default, name your theme.

2.- Chose "Idle Component" then "Idle Background" and change "Background Type" to "animated", select "frame" the qty. of frames your animation have, example 62 "
Edited: Tnx for the feedback anbech
2 A.-
Quote:
Originally Posted by anbech

ive found this at the Help Content in Theme Designer:
"Duration indicates the time interval among Background Animation images. The range of value is between 0 and 5000, and the unit is millisecond."

you should correct that in your OP, as its milliseconds and not seconds..

and for those of you who dont know, you can calculate the framerate into milliseconds like this:
1000 / (framerate) = (time given in ms)
for example:
1000 / 20fps = 50ms
or
1000 / 25fps = 40ms
simple
cheers

2 B.-"Repeat" true/false chose true if you want to create a loop animation or false in case you only want to play a single cycle.

3.- Drag your image files sequence from your folder to the empty squares in the bottom of the theme designer (pay no attention to the canvas it is smaller than your images)

4.- Now export your theme and accept the Samsung terms & conditions and wait for your .STM file theme.

5.- Rename the .STM file to .ZIP file and open it.

6.- Copy the "IdleBgAnimObj.qmg" (Idle Background Animation Objet) to your desktop.

7.- Rename it to: bootanimation.qmg or shutdown.qmg as you required

the route for your file in the stock rom is:

You need to be root to replace the system files (thx for the feedback omnikam)
bootanimation: system/media
shutdown: system/media/video/shutdown

And that's it, easy isn't? no scripts!

Note: for Bootanimation QMG files in all this thread @anbech & @SunnyOK discover some problematics with the custom rom QMG bootanimation loading and @sonnyOK fin the solution that change color or simple didnt run the animation this was tested on SGH-I897 & SGH-I997
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyOK

This problem has been perfectly solved.

1. The two qmg files (bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg) created by Samsung Theme Designer are correct. Your tutorials are all working.

2. When the so-created bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg ... ...both dimension and color cannot be correctly dispalyed. The solution to this is eventually simple. It lies in the file "samsungani". My solution is:
1) Get samsungani file from GT-I9070 (other ROM may work, I did not try out),
2) Copy it and overwrite into /system/bin. Done!!!

Note: It would not work if you just use one of newly-created bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg while keeping the other original one. This means that the two QMG files bootsamsung.qmg and bootsamsungloop.qmg should be either both new or both original.

--------------------------------------------------
Updated: This is my work for chucky┬┤s roms (tnx for allow me to work with you dude) its a mix of zip (bootanimation) & qmg (shutdown) files plus audio (ogg files) in the new future room

You need to be root to replace the system files (thx for the feedback omnikam)
the rute is:
bootanimation: system/media
shutdown animation: system/media/video/shutdown
audio: system/media/audio/ui

The Following 85 Users Say Thank You to xessus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xessus Ad-Free

14th March 2013, 08:58 AM |#2  
Recognized Themer
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 1,527

Donate to Me
More
0_o ~~gulp!

AWESOME MAN!!!!!!!!!!
thanks a lot!
The Following User Says Thank You to joehanh88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift joehanh88 Ad-Free
14th March 2013, 08:58 AM |#3  
Flag Pazin
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Re: (Shutdown Animation) QMG file creation
Nice tutorial, thanks

Sent from my GT-I9070
The Following User Says Thank You to frzek For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frzek Ad-Free
14th March 2013, 05:58 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4,109

More
Angry
is there a way can increase no of images to input..

it says in idle background that 255 is max..
The Following User Says Thank You to ravijani For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ravijani Ad-Free
15th March 2013, 03:02 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Guadalajara

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravijani

is there a way can increase no of images to input..

it says in idle background that 255 is max..

lol i didnt notice that it has a limit (but it has to be) but its cool 255 frames. so 30 frames per second u got a 8.5 animated seconds, good time to load and shutdown.
The Following User Says Thank You to xessus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xessus Ad-Free
16th March 2013, 08:27 AM |#6  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 459

Donate to Me
More
Re: (Shutdown Animation) QMG file creation
Thank you.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Shinydude100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shinydude100 Ad-Free
16th March 2013, 02:22 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
great thank you very usefull ciao
The Following User Says Thank You to asmanao For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift asmanao Ad-Free
5th April 2013, 09:52 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Smile I Must be doing something wrong...
My FIRST post on XDA, yahoo! Anyhow... I fallowed the tutorial to the letter, but when i restart my phone with the custom animation i made from a .GIF file i found on the internet and split into 183 .PNG file... It doesn't work. But the one that you made works perfectly. Is there any way you can help? I think I'm stuck.

P.S. Don't know if this is useful but; I'm still on Windows XP: Professional Edition. I had to fight to get the Samsung software to run on my system. It kept giving me errors until i downloaded the "Far Eastern Language Pack" did anybody else have this problem or am i the only person still using WIN-XP. Thanx.
5th April 2013, 03:01 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Guadalajara

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraNerdyHackerGuy

My FIRST post on XDA, yahoo! Anyhow... I fallowed the tutorial to the letter, but when i restart my phone with the custom animation i made from a .GIF file i found on the internet and split into 183 .PNG file... It doesn't work. But the one that you made works perfectly. Is there any way you can help? I think I'm stuck.

Hi, gratz. Check your system space. Sometimes If you make a fat file (like 10m) you overweigth the system and the file will never run, try deleting or moving out 1 or 2 apps from your system (system/app).

GL.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9070 usando Tapatalk 2
6th April 2013, 08:19 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Cool I think your on to something there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xessus

Hi, gratz. Check your system space. Sometimes If you make a fat file (like 10m) you overweigth the system and the file will never run, try deleting or moving out 1 or 2 apps from your system (system/app).

GL.

Thanks for your quick response. Your suggestion makes perfect since to me so i made an animation with just 11 frames of 800x480 images, and then 5, and then 2. No matter what i do it still behaves erratically. I have noticed that the startup animation will play but it plays as if the resolution is not set correctly. Like trying to run maxed out CrySis in HD on a monitor from the 80's that only supports 640x480 or something. My phone is 800x480 btw. I'll try switching O.S.'s and see if i get the same problems with the SamSung software on windows 7.

P.S. My R.O.M. is almost finished All i need now is a cool boot/shutdown animation to complete my mod. Thank you. (How do i leave thanks again? Never posted on a forum before)
6th April 2013, 06:17 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Guadalajara

More
Mmmmm. Thats weird, if u want i could try to make the file qmg. Just leave a zip with the images if the qmg run on my device then the problem its the windows.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootanimation, qmg, shutdown animation

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)