I am proud to present to you BeanStalk Builds put together by my good friend scott.hart.bti from the Samsung Infuse 4G. This is a build composed off of the CM10.1 builds that he has added alot of features on top of it. So you get speed, stability, and ultra customization ability. Many of the additional code additions came from slim ROM and also Derteufels build and have been modified to work with my current setup. A huge thanks to Derteufel and the Slim ROM guys for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project. Thanks to skyliner33v for the bootanimation and upcoming wallpapers!
I plan on updating this and adding features on a pretty regular basis, so if you happen to like this, keep checking back.
Like what you see? Click the thanks button or Donate to scott.hart.bti by clicking HERE
Interested in Porting/Building BeanStalk on another device? Check out Post #3!
Feature List.... Its a long one and growing every day!
- CM based
- Lockscreen background options (Color fill, Custom image, Transparent)
- Customizable Lockscreen text color
- Lockscreen rotation
- Option to enable all widgets
- Minimize lockscreen challange
- Use widget carousel
- Slider Shortcuts
- Static Lockscreen shortcuts
- Lockscreen button actions
- LCD Density
- Scroll elasticity options
- Default App grip option
- Custom Carrier label
- Dual Pane options
- Customizable boot animation (off, default, set your own bootanimation)
- Status bar color and transparency
- Clock and date options which includes color, location, style
- Signal Styles which include color and text instead of icons, alternate GB signal layout, hide signal icons
- Breathing SMS option
- Battery styles - Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
- Do not disturb option
- Show notification count
- Pie controls (need to have lockscreen background set to something other then default to work correctly (dont ask why) )
- Fully customizable navigation bar - Includes style, layout, color, nav rings, pretty much everything you can think of.
- Quick settings color settings, tiles per row, Quick pulldown, text color
- Notification shortcuts, behaviour, drawer style (customizable colors), toggle colors, longpress quicksettings icon to enable/disable toggles
- Keyboard and input method options which include disable full screen keyboard and auto rotate
- Kil app back button with customizable timeout values
- High end graphic effects option
- option to disable/enable vibrate on expand for notifications alerts
- Low battery warning customizable options
- Recents RAM bar fully customizable with color styles
- Clock widget for LockClock including extra options to fully customize every feature of the lockclock
- Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
- Less frequent Notification sounds options
- CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
- Enable/disable wake up on charge option
- Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settings menu
- CM Performance options and features
- About BeanStalk option with links to github source and facebook for beanstalk. Also links to my twitter and donate.
- insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
- option to use a fully themable MMS packages. You can access from mms - settings - theme settings
- Numerous other options hidding throughout the build
All Builds Will Be Located HERE
Status bar/Notification Drawer - There seems to be a bug with the 4.2.2 status bar/notification drawer freezing. It is happening on numerous phones at random and there is not a fix available yet. Workaround - Numerous ways to workaround this issue, but easiest in my opinion is to go to settings - system settings - PIE - Enable/Disable PIE. This restarts systemUI and unfreezes the status bar.
PIE - PIE seems to be functioning good for the most part, but there is one bug i have noticed. When you first bring the phone out of sleep and unlock it and try to use PIE without doing anything else, it does not show the PIE image until you change a screen. So basically you have to do something first and then it will work fine. Workaround - Settings - Lockscreen - custom lockscreen background - Select any options... it can be Color, transparent, or custom image. As soon as you select one of those options, PIE works perfectly.
***Please keep in mind that this is the initial release and bugs are to be expected. Scott is working on this mostly himself and does not have a team that is helping him. Before reporting bugs, please make sure you verify everything on your end and make sure you do a full wipe and format first to make sure it is a legitimate issue. Im going to say this once and only once... He is doing this for fun and I am building it for this device for fun. It is our CHOICE to share the work with everyone. If you decide that you do not like it, good for you.. Move on and flash something else. I will not tolerate ungrateful people in my thread.***
- USE CWM by Th3Bill or TWRP
- Place ROM onto storage on your device
- If you have NOT flashed via Aroma before, use Aroma-Prep (DO NOT report a failed install if you have not done this, as I am letting you know NOW that it might bork if you don't)
- Do NOT wipe first
- Flash the ROM
- Choose Wipe INSIDE the ROM flash (recommend FULL the first time)
- Choose storage and tweaks
- Select Install
- When finished, UN-ckeck reboot box, then click finish. You may get a supposed "failed" error in CWM at this point. Ignore it.
- Manually reboot phone.
- Install Gapps(Optional...then follow next 3 steps)
- Wipe Cache Partition
- Advanced/Wipe Dalvik Cache
Scott.hart.bti his source can be found [B]HERE[/B
SlimROM source can be found HERE
DerTeufel's source can be found HERE
Jokersax11for the initial work on the Atrix that became the base for the work I do now.