FORUMS

Superboot - HTC One root solution [requires s-off]

5,279 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,359

By paulobrien, Senior Member on 14th March 2013, 04:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
[Edit: This requires s-off currently.]

Superboot is a boot.img that when booted, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash any partitions, no need to mess around with ADB, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just boot the boot image using the instructions below and you're done!

APPLY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
  • Superboot r1 - DOWNLOAD - MD5: ab9dc381d81f91ce311bd021339b5577
How to use Superboot - Windows, Linux and OSX
  • Download the Superboot zip file above and extract to a directory
  • Put your device in bootloader mode - Turn off the phone then turn on with the 'volume up' button pressed to enter the bootloader (see note below)
  • WINDOWS - double click 'install-superboot-windows.bat'
  • MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x superboot-mac.sh' followed by './install-superboot-mac.sh'
  • LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x superboot-linux.sh' followed by './install-superboot-linux.sh'
Note: You need to unlock the bootloader on your device before you can enter bootloader mode - use the htcdev site to do this.

P
The Following 45 Users Say Thank You to paulobrien For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift paulobrien Ad-Free
15th March 2013, 08:22 PM |#2  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 10

Donate to Me
More
Without messing the data partition? Damn. Should had this before last friday. Any way for getting back calculator, teeter, torchlight, sound recorder and ringtone trimmer?
The Following User Says Thank You to MasterOfDesasters For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MasterOfDesasters Ad-Free
16th March 2013, 12:11 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 59

Donate to Me
More
Will this work on Unlocked Bootloader with S-On?
16th March 2013, 12:15 AM |#4  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Coventry, UK
Thanks Meter: 7,282

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfDesasters

Without messing the data partition? Damn. Should had this before last friday. Any way for getting back calculator, teeter, torchlight, sound recorder and ringtone trimmer?

Your best option would probably be to create a thread asking for someone upload them for you.
16th March 2013, 12:00 PM |#5  
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidCarter93

Your best option would probably be to create a thread asking for someone upload them for you.

already done

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191572
16th March 2013, 05:38 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 270

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfDesasters

already done

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191572

Best question yet : Does it work with bootloader locked (out-of-the-box)? That way we can backup with Titanium before applying a custom rom?

Thanks!
16th March 2013, 10:20 PM |#7  
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWave31

Best question yet : Does it work with bootloader locked (out-of-the-box)? That way we can backup with Titanium before applying a custom rom?

Thanks!

It does work. But I see a problem there. Doesn't Titanium backup need root? Doesn't root need an unlocked bootloader?
16th March 2013, 11:02 PM |#8  
Flag ~/android
Thanks Meter: 14,059

Donate to Me
More
Re: Superboot - HTC One root solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWave31

Thanks!

You could potentially attempt to use tacoroot (universal HTC exploit) and backup your entire /system/app and /data/app folder and then post all of that up so people can get it after they unlock bootloader
But other than that, unless you can find a security exploit that allows you to inject root, then no
21st March 2013, 01:26 AM |#9  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Re: Superboot - HTC One root solution
Doesn't Carbon backup offer a non-root option?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
25th March 2013, 09:21 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
anyone else who used this tool and was successful?
26th March 2013, 04:27 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
AW: Superboot - HTC One root solution
I think the most importend question is if you can get root without HTC dev from this..

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)