FORUMS

[APP][Root][OFFICIAL] AdAway v4.3.2 :: [2019-12-29]

608 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,353

Post Reply Email Thread
24th March 2020, 08:55 AM |#14451  
Thanks Meter: 197

More
As far as I know there is option to log dns requests but is it possible to add feature which shows if particular dns request is blocked or allowed so we can take action according to it ?
24th March 2020, 11:47 AM |#14452  
Flag Nantes
Thanks Meter: 7

More
How to manage per-app with AdAway ? gotta find the hosts my apps use and delete them from the file ?
24th March 2020, 02:17 PM |#14453  
Thanks Meter: 1,393

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog$kyWater

How to manage per-app with AdAway ? gotta find the hosts my apps use and delete them from the file ?

There is a white-list option to enter hosts you want to enable (will be kept after updating hosts file)

Discussed in the thread, find in Wiki, but straightforward in the app to list - reboot afterwards
The Following User Says Thank You to zgfg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zgfg Ad-Free
25th March 2020, 04:50 PM |#14454  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I installed ENERGYZED Unified pack and it's working fine...
I'm not only concerned about ads, but also malwares ,adwares, trackers, popups, statics and in app ads.
I want to know what are the best hosts to use along energyzed and adaway's hosts and thank you for this great project
25th March 2020, 05:59 PM |#14455  
Flag Nantes
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgfg

There is a white-list option to enter hosts you want to enable (will be kept after updating hosts file)

Discussed in the thread, find in Wiki, but straightforward in the app to list - reboot afterwards

Yeah perfect i'll check that asap
Thank you sir
26th March 2020, 12:07 AM |#14456  
Any chance of expanding adaway to include malicious ips? Would be an amazing addition. Even if only optional.

I can only imagine it would not be hard to implement as it's just another ip source.

What do you think? @PerfectSlayer

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Any chance of expanding adaway to include malicious ips? Would be an amazing addition. Even if only optional.

I can only imagine it would not be hard to implement as it's just another ip source.

What do you think? @PerfectSlayer
26th March 2020, 05:46 PM |#14457  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5,353

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage

What do you think? @PerfectSlayer[COLOR="Silver"]

I agree. That would be an amazing feature. But like the current adware feature, it miss frequent update of the ISP / database...
That the most difficult part. Otherwise, the feature is not relevant.

About privacy, I would also like to work with Exodus Privacy team to see if we can do some stuff together but I never had the opportunity to talk to them yet.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PerfectSlayer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PerfectSlayer Ad-Free
26th March 2020, 08:15 PM |#14458  
Thanks Meter: 1,718

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectSlayer

I agree. That would be an amazing feature. But like the current adware feature, it miss frequent update of the ISP / database...
That the most difficult part. Otherwise, the feature is not relevant.

About privacy, I would also like to work with Exodus Privacy team to see if we can do some stuff together but I never had the opportunity to talk to them yet.

You should send everyone a free pihole with all the money you make maintaining adaway. Lol
27th March 2020, 12:49 AM |#14460  
Thanks Meter: 1,718

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage

yeah makes sense..

I just added:

https://github.com/stamparm/ipsum/raw/master/ipsum.txt

As my own custom source of malicious IPs and it worked! So hopefully that may do for the time being.

https://github.com/r-a-y/mobile-hosts

Not quite sure how much malicious stuff in these, but I rarely see these mentioned.

Plus not even Steven black has everything these do. I don't personally use these, just Steven Black and a huge whitelist lol
The Following User Says Thank You to TotallyAnxious For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TotallyAnxious Ad-Free
27th March 2020, 01:01 AM |#14461  
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAnxious

https://github.com/r-a-y/mobile-hosts

Not quite sure how much malicious stuff in these, but I rarely see these mentioned.

Plus not even Steven black has everything these do. I don't personally use these, just Steven Black and a huge whitelist lol

Didnt know about Steven Black mate. Will check it out. Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)