[APP][Root][OFFICIAL] AdAway v4.3.5 :: [2020-06-28]

629 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,346

Post Reply Email Thread
30th June 2020, 04:05 AM |#15031  
Flag Ao Nang, Krabi
Thanks Meter: 446

More
If the biggest problem people are complaining about for the last 2 days is that the buttons does not look how your like them to look, then congrats to the developer. You did an awesome job!

To everybody moaning, maybe you should be thankful for what you get all for free.
Giving opinion and advice is great, but make sure it reads as such.
A single picture about an undefined issue and the whole discussion after that does not feel like constructive feedback.

And for those who actually follow this thread, constructive feedback about the UI had been given before.
Obvious the dev choose to work on functionality first.
If and what he will do with the UI after that is completely up to him.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JudgeDread11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JudgeDread11 Ad-Free
30th June 2020, 07:15 AM |#15032  
Thanks Meter: 447

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeDread11

If the biggest problem people are complaining about for the last 2 days is that the buttons does not look how your like them to look, then congrats to the developer. You did an awesome job!

To everybody moaning, maybe you should be thankful for what you get all for free.
A single picture about an undefined issue and the whole discussion after that does not feel like constructive feedback.

And for those who actually follow this thread, constructive feedback about the UI had been given before.

I don't recall anyone being unreasonable. From what I've read, everyone seems to be constructive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to djdelarosa25 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdelarosa25 Ad-Free
30th June 2020, 08:19 AM |#15033  
Thanks Meter: 407

More
Hey guys I got 2 questions what is the adaway websever I see in 5.0.5 it's enabled by default and what's the option of apply redirected hosts by source (security risk) are these 2 options useful

(Havoc GSI)
30th June 2020, 09:57 AM |#15034  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,077

More
Quote:

If something does not look good to some people they need not follow your sycophantic lead and just say it's great even if they don't think so. Feedback was provided in a thoughtful and respectful way. Also, although my detailed description and mock-up were provided too late in the game to be useful in this wave of development (even if they were agreeable to PerfectSlayer) they were presented in a reasonable and cogent manner.
Quote:

Now you are simply misrepresenting the feedback that others provided which was clearly more than just a single picture of an undefined issue. Opinions from multiple people with mocked-up screen shots and clear descriptions of the reasons for the opinion as well as suggestions for a modification is constructive whether or not you or the developer agree with the ideas or not. Let's not forget that at one point the inability of people to complete the donation process was impeded by the UI overlap.

[EDIT This too: There are actually common reasons to have some UI elements span buttons and backgrounds in some situations (counter to what I prefer) especially when reconciling light and dark themes, but I hear no logical argument or even mention of those things, just gripes about the input that was provided.]

Quote:

And for those who actually follow this thread,

You might want to brush up on your history before casting such bogus condescension.
Quote:

...and PefectSayer is free to speak to that if they choose to do so (and if they don't speak to it that's OK too). So are you in fact, but please drop the pretenses and stop trying to invalidate the viable feedback of others by saying it was poorly delivered just because you disagree with it. You did not speak to the ideas, you merely complained about people providing them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
30th June 2020, 10:08 AM |#15035  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdelarosa25

I don't recall anyone being unreasonable. From what I've read, everyone seems to be constructive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is true.

---------------------------------
@PerfectSlayer, If you've got reasons for the current layout and feel that it is immutable that is certainly your choice and is fair enough. Please don't take this feedback about the UI as some kind of complaint or attack on you or as a lack of appreciation of your efforts. The fact that JudgeDread11 chooses to see viable feedback of others as a lack of appreciation for you is unfortunate, and you are not being helped their falsely describing the feedback of others and attempting to squelch reasonable input. If you do reject the suggestions I hope that is because you reviewed them rather than a mis-description of them. As I said in an earlier post which got lost in the flow; even though I think there is room for improvement 5.0.5 was a nice jump forward. Thank you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
30th June 2020, 12:11 PM |#15036  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoochyX

..what is the adaway websever ...

Adaway has particularly good built-in help which covers webserver (among other things). In app: Show Help (button) > FAQ (tab) > "How do I use the webserver in Adaway?" (section).
30th June 2020, 12:51 PM |#15037  
Thanks Meter: 1,601

More
Guys, when you open AdAway 5.0.5, down on the bottom-right is link to GitHub.
Developer has asked that issues are mainly reported there - so report also UI issues there

Search through the open issues and check if the same or similar one is already opened and add your comments there

Of course, help to developer by providing screenshots, marking problematic elements on the screenshots and by verbose describing the issue
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zgfg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zgfg Ad-Free
30th June 2020, 01:21 PM |#15038  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgfg

Guys, when you open AdAway 5.0.5, down on the bottom-right is link to GitHub.
Developer has asked that issues are mainly reported there - so report also UI issues there

Search through the open issues and check if the same or similar one is already opened and add your comments there

Of course, help to developer by providing screenshots, marking problematic elements on the screenshots and by verbose describing the issue

Point taken. Had I not been so late to test I would have reported it at git or added to the existing ticket. Thanks for the reminder. That being said, typically before something is considered an issue or feature request worth reporting at git there would be some discussion about it here, which in turn allows GitHub to focus on things the that are actually reported and prioritize issues over design suggestions. Thanks again.
1st July 2020, 05:55 PM |#15039  
Thanks Meter: 187

More
It looks like Quibi's casting function is being broken by adaway v5.0.5. When i turn it off it's fine, but will not work while blocking is active. Is there a way to determine what host file needs to be whitelisted to get it to work normally?

thanks!
1st July 2020, 11:31 PM |#15040  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 143

More
Using AdAway 5.0.5. Does anyone know what to uncheck to unblock the Amazon app? When opening the app, I get a "Uh oh something went wrong on our end". After disabling AdAway, Amazon works again.

But I don't want to disable AdAway.
The Following User Says Thank You to BeardKing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BeardKing Ad-Free
Yesterday, 12:08 AM |#15041  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardKing

Using AdAway 5.0.5. Does anyone know what to uncheck to unblock the Amazon app? When opening the app, I get a "Uh oh something went wrong on our end". After disabling AdAway, Amazon works again.

But I don't want to disable AdAway.

Disable webserver
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)