FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEV][WIP] xubuntu on tf300tg 0.1.2 (updated 130408)

38 posts
Thanks Meter: 67

By schrdlu, Member on 14th March 2013, 10:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th June 2014, 06:32 AM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 247

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmxtech

I'm trying to install Arch on my laptop this week....I am sick of all the prebuilt distributions

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

This may be useful for us in the future https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/linuxonandroid .....in the meantime check out the same developer's current app in the play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...linuxonandroid it's very cool even if it's not a full Linux installation

14th June 2014, 01:54 AM |#502  
Flag Christchurch, NZ
Thanks Meter: 1,223

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmxtech

This may be useful for us in the future https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/linuxonandroid .....in the meantime check out the same developer's current app in the play store https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...linuxonandroid it's very cool even if it's not a full Linux installation

Actually that app is pretty redundant, have a look at my post here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=982 this will run chroot linux under a proper xserver under android rather the a slow loopback vnc connection
17th June 2014, 12:58 PM |#503  
Flag Christchurch, NZ

More
Hey @Duckman5, Im wondering what kernel your using for kexecboot? i cant find one thats got kexec enabled, ive only got the tf300t atm, dont wanna re-compile on it

Edit: Just found _that v10 works great, _that has also included wifi modules for tf300t, actually it would seem that @workdowgs latest kexecboot installer script for tf700 would work for those interested in kexecboot
The Following User Says Thank You to JoinTheRealms For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JoinTheRealms Ad-Free
17th June 2014, 06:43 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoinTheRealms

Hey @Duckman5, Im wondering what kernel your using for kexecboot? i cant find one thats got kexec enabled, ive only got the tf300t atm, dont wanna re-compile on it

Edit: Just found _that v10 works great, _that has also included wifi modules for tf300t, actually it would seem that @workdowgs latest kexecboot installer script for tf700 would work for those interested in kexecboot

I've actually been using Graiden's kernel. I'm still running 13.04 so there's been no impetus to change anything since it's all working. God to know about _that's. I'll probably use that if I ever upgrade or decide to give 14.04 another shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium HD app
18th June 2014, 01:39 AM |#505  
Flag Christchurch, NZ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckman5

I've actually been using Graiden's kernel. I'm still running 13.04 so there's been no impetus to change anything since it's all working. God to know about _that's. I'll probably use that if I ever upgrade or decide to give 14.04 another shot.

Ive came across a couple of 14.04 images the boot and work ok, just no display drivers. Common issue with tegra3 at the moment, just noticed the nexus 7 2013's support has been dropped which is a shame.

By the way, check this for hardware accelerated video using parole, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=991 works great.
The Following User Says Thank You to JoinTheRealms For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JoinTheRealms Ad-Free
18th June 2014, 05:50 AM |#506  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoinTheRealms

Ive came across a couple of 14.04 images the boot and work ok, just no display drivers. Common issue with tegra3 at the moment, just noticed the nexus 7 2013's support has been dropped which is a shame.

By the way, check this for hardware accelerated video using parole, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=991 works great.

Yup...just deleted the image I had put together with the pinned X server. I could boot and start xfce, but for some stupid reason I couldn't get LightDM to start or multitouch to work. I mean WTF?? It's not like I tried that hard, though. I just don't have the time (or a complete understanding). I took snapshots and saved the stage right after installing X, though. I could post it somewhere if you want to give it a shot. You seem to be a lot more proficient than me.

Thanks for the heads up on the video. I'll definitely look into that. It always drives me nuts having to either reboot or pull out my phone if I want to watch a movie or something. Shame we can't get everything accellerated. Would love to be able to use my plex server directly without obnoxious frame skipping.
18th June 2014, 09:06 AM |#507  
Flag Christchurch, NZ

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckman5

Yup...just deleted the image I had put together with the pinned X server. I could boot and start xfce, but for some stupid reason I couldn't get LightDM to start or multitouch to work. I mean WTF?? It's not like I tried that hard, though. I just don't have the time (or a complete understanding). I took snapshots and saved the stage right after installing X, though. I could post it somewhere if you want to give it a shot. You seem to be a lot more proficient than me.

Thanks for the heads up on the video. I'll definitely look into that. It always drives me nuts having to either reboot or pull out my phone if I want to watch a movie or something. Shame we can't get everything accellerated. Would love to be able to use my plex server directly without obnoxious frame skipping.

Yeah i think as far i as ill push will be 13.10 without updates from nvidia (be it the tf101 guys seem to have 14.04 with full acceleration working somehow, drivers from tegra 2 are quite different might not be such straight forward fix for us ), display drivers are quite important to me. On the 13.10 front ive got some hints that should fix any graphical artifacts we were having issues with.

Never used plex, looks to be similar to xbmc?, the guy who uploaded the *modified version of parole has some omx patches that apparently should get hardware acceleration working in xbmc on the tf300t, no time at the moment to investigate unfortunately.
27th June 2014, 07:52 PM |#508  
Flag Somewhere Between Here and There
Thanks Meter: 305

More
I am new here. I was wondering if I could dualboot android and ubuntu on this tablet. I know it can be done but I have yet to see one that has any new realiese of ubuntu. Is it pocible and how would I go about doing it with a new distro of ubuntu.
28th June 2014, 06:22 AM |#509  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonegeekjr

I am new here. I was wondering if I could dualboot android and ubuntu on this tablet. I know it can be done but I have yet to see one that has any new realiese of ubuntu. Is it pocible and how would I go about doing it with a new distro of ubuntu.

Scroll up and read the last three posts immediately before yours and you will have your answer. No need to even use the search function!

(I don't mean to be the "chase off the noob" guy considering I'm not that far off from noob myself, but seriously did you read ANY of discussion? )

The Following User Says Thank You to Duckman5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Duckman5 Ad-Free
28th June 2014, 09:15 PM |#510  
Flag Somewhere Between Here and There
Thanks Meter: 305

More
sorry. I know better than that. thanks
30th June 2014, 04:27 AM |#511  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonegeekjr

sorry. I know better than that. thanks

It's really not a problem. It's just that that question gets asked like every 0.4 seconds and the answer is always the same.
Unlike a ROM with a central maintainer or something, this has evolved into much more of a community effort with everyone chipping in what they can to make it work. I just wish that the question being asked wasn't "When can we expect 14.04?" but "What can I do to help make 14.04 happen?"
One Transformer has it (with a pinned X server) and I don't see why we shouldn't as well.

Sent from my TF300T using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to Duckman5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Duckman5 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)