How to flash CWM recovery and root Alcatel One Touch S'POP 4030X(Glory 2)
Your warranty is now void. You do this in your own risk. I do not take any responsibility to your device. This will definitely brick your device which is normal but follow the right instructions to make it work again.
This is tuts would not be possible without the help from the creator of MTKdroid tools, rua1 from XDA Developers. Thank the guy for his wonderful tool. If you wanna know how I did it, go to his thread right here
. I also wanna acknowledge The Solutor and rimmon1971's efforts for porting the TWRP to our device. You can find The Solutor's work here
1. A windows based PC
2. MTK Droid Root & Tools & SP Flash Tool
3. Universal ADB driver
4. One Touch Upgrade S
5. Root script
7. Most important! Use your brain!
To make this work without errors, don't use other drivers available in the web. Just install One Touch Upgrade S
first. It will install the USB VCOM preloader driver. It will be needed by the SPFT to detect the phone. Use the provided ADB driver for the MT65xx_android_phone. If ever you get stucked in an error and your device wont boot anymore, just use One Touch Upgrade and your phone will be as good as new...
Guide: CWM/TWRP recovery
1. Download MTK Droid Root & Tools & SP Flash Tools, ADB Drivers, One Touch Upgrade S, and the Root script. Extract them anywhere in your computer.
2.Install ADB driver.This step is now optional to get adb working. You can now skip to step 5 if you just want to get rooted with CWM/TWRP recovery installed..
In your phone, go to Settings>Development. Set to on and check USB debugging.
3. Connect device to PC. Driver will fail to install (thats normal). Install UniversalAdbDriverSetup6.msi
Note: in Windows 8, this will pop-up. do this:
4. After installing the Universal ADB driver, go to device manager of your computer. Follow the images as descirbed.
ADB commands should work now (if you have ADB installed) and you won't have any problems about MTK droid tool not detecting phone.
5. Be sure that you have already installed One Touch Upgrade S before this step.
Open SP Flash tool and select the scatter file by clicking on the Scatter-loading button.
6. UNCHECK BOOT
and leave RECOVERY checked. Disregard what is on the photo. There's are reports that the latest firmwares are incompatible with the uploaded patched boot.img.
By default, the CWM recovery will be selected in the SP Flash tool. If you want the fully working TWRP-recovery (I recomment this because CWM recovery is not fully functional), just click RECOVERY and replace it with this file
7. Click Download button. Click yes on the download warning. Turn off phone, remove battery and connect the phone (without battery) and wait until SP Flash tool detects the phone and watch as it flash the image.
8. If everything passes without errors, unplug the phone, reinsert battery and boot to recovery by pressing power + volume up.
9. You should boot in CWM/TWRP recovery. We are ready to flash the Superuser app to gain root.
You can use mtk droid root and tools here. Just plug in phone to pc while still in CWM recovery. Run mtk tools, wait to detect phone, click superuser, then build.prop, then delete china. Your done. Or use the guide below if you have problems with it.
Using CWM recovery to flash superSU
1. While still on CWM recovery, plug the phone into PC again.
2. Navigate using volume up and down buttons. Press Power button to select and Back soft key to go back.
3. Select mounts and storage>mount USB storage.
4. Copy the root-glory-2-4030E.zip to your sdcard.
5. After copying, select unmount and go back.
6. Select install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard>root-glory-2-4030E.zip and select yes - Install root-glory-2-4030E.zip
7. It will flash the app to the system including all needed binaries. I also included the fix-permissions banary which is missing from the ROM.
8. Reboot the phone and wait. It will boot normally and no data will be lost. You will see superuser app in your app drawer. You are now rooted!:thumbsup:
Using TWRP recovery to flash superSU
1. While still on TWRP recovery,Connect the device to PC.
2. Tap mount in the screen then Mount USB storage.
3. Copy the root-glory-2-4030E.zip to your sdcard.
4. Press back on your device softkeys.
5. Tap install and select root-glory-2-4030E.zip
6. Wipe to confirm flash.
8 You're done.
Guide to Unroot
1. Windows Based PC
2. SP flash tool (included in OT-4030 ROOT&CWM RECOVERY
3. Stock recovery.img
4. Unroot script
1. Copy Unroot-glory-4030E.zip to the root of sdcard.
2. Reboot to CWM recovery.
3. Select install zip from sdcard>choose zip from sdcard>Unroot-glory-4030E.zip and select yes - Install Unroot-glory-4030E.zip
4. On your PC, Open SP flashtool and select the scatterfile.
5. Remove check on BOOTIMG and click RECOVERY and select the stock recovery.img. Click download button and disregard download warning by clicking yes.
6.Connect the phone to pc without battery. After the download finished dialog, your done!
OT-4030 ROOT&CWM RECOVERY
Universal ADB driver
One Touch Upgrade S
Mirror to all files