FORUMS

[Q] Is the octa-core LTE or 3G?

5,735 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,567

Post Reply Email Thread
Seems to be a lot of confusion whether the octa-core version will have LTE so if anyone could advise that would be much appreciated and for reference the qualcomm S600 definitely has LTE.
15th March 2013, 02:28 PM |#2  
Flag Beograd
Thanks Meter: 70

More
i have read that octa dont have lte in usa because qualcomm has patents on lte chips in there..
The Following User Says Thank You to kikisp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kikisp Ad-Free
15th March 2013, 02:39 PM |#3  
Flag Decatur, IL
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikisp

i have read that octa dont have lte in usa because qualcomm has patents on lte chips in there..

If that were the case they should still be able to licence under FRAND, since it's a standards essential patent, right? If not, that's quite a monopoly on the US LTE market. Plus, what would that mean for Tegra4 devices? At any rate, I'm so sick of hearing about patents in the consumer electronics (specifially smartphones) sector. It's out of hand and needs dealth with properly.
15th March 2013, 03:05 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Northampton

More
Might of found the answer.

http://www.androidauthority.com/inte...cc-lte-172224/
15th March 2013, 03:55 PM |#5  
Flag Decatur, IL
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleski75

Might of found the answer.

http://www.androidauthority.com/inte...cc-lte-172224/

BUT, I don't think that band 5 is used by anyone here in the US. Band 5 is used by Philipines/S.Korea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
15th March 2013, 04:15 PM |#6  
Flag Doha
Thanks Meter: 609

Donate to Me
More
Just to clarify, International S4's will have LTE.
US ones have quad core snapdragons probably just for supply issues, like last year (the Note 2 is exynos, quadcore (same processor as the S3) and had LTE).
15th March 2013, 04:27 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Northampton

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skander1998

Just to clarify, International S4's will have LTE.
US ones have quad core snapdragons probably just for supply issues, like last year (the Note 2 is exynos, quadcore (same processor as the S3) and had LTE).

I heard rumours that the octa-core international one bound for the UK would be 3G only and only the quad core S600 would have LTE enabled which seemed very odd to me.
15th March 2013, 04:51 PM |#8  
Flag Doha
Thanks Meter: 609

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleski75

I heard rumours that the octa-core international one bound for the UK would be 3G only and only the quad core S600 would have LTE enabled which seemed very odd to me.

I am pretty sure they will all be LTE enabled, we will wait and see.
The Following User Says Thank You to Skander1998 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Skander1998 Ad-Free
15th March 2013, 04:56 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 80

Donate to Me
More
i cant imagine them releasing a phone thats not LTE in the states.....that would be the worst move in the history of phones....
The Following User Says Thank You to djq For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djq Ad-Free
15th March 2013, 05:10 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 163

More
Germany will get the 600 too. Apparently all the markets that have 4G LTE won't get the octa.
15th March 2013, 05:29 PM |#11  
Flag D:/Forum/Felix/Location/Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 86

Donate to Me
More
Re: [Q] Is the octa-core LTE or 3G?
In Indonesia get octa and 600 and the news says that both of them get LTE :screwy::screwy:

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)