WARNING: The following files ONLY work for the Original KF. Running this on a 2nd Generation KF will brick the device.
Hi all, some of you may have seen my utility over in the de-bricking thread. My goal at this point is to try and make lives easier for everyone I can.
So what I have done is created a script that can be used to handle a lot of common things people may want, and I will continue to add things people request that I think would be easy, and beneficial. I just wanted to make this situation easier for the average person.
You will see how the tool detects you at the default screen, and can refresh it by hitting 0 at any menu to have it refresh ADB/Fastboot and see what mode the kindle is in.
Currently the tool comes packaged with the drivers required to operate ADB and Fastboot.
Please note: If your device can't be seen in fastboot mode, please make sure to install the drivers packaged with this, as it will show up afterwards. You can use the install_drivers.bat with the device plugged in for this.
Usage should be straight forward for the tool. If you are having issues with something, this tool has a good chance of getting you back on track.
- Automatic elevation to root for tool operations.
- Full root install.
- Auto detect current bootmode.
- Auto Detect ADB/Fastboot Online/Offline.
- Auto download update.zip from Amazon.
- Auto download and install TWRP Recovery.
- Auto download and install COTR Recovery.
- Auto download and install FFF Bootloader.
- Manage current bootmodes.
- Manage Read/Write.
- Install GoogleApps/Market/GoLauncherEX.
- Lock/Unlock the Wallpaper from being changed.
As of 3/16/2013:
- Doesn't support CWM for now bad DL link and seems there is no updated, stable version.
- Automated Dual-Boot installation and Un-Dual Boot
- Choose Amazon Firmware to update to
- More to come... This needs a bit of a code re-write from the things I added. Expect it to be updated soon.
Here are some screen-shots:
More to come...
Please leave a message if this tool does not help you, malfunctions, or just to say thank you, or request more features!
Don't forget to donate to teamwin for their awesome recovery system over at: Team Win Website
4/5/13: v0.9.9 now has an option to install COTR recovery. Squashed a few bugs including the superuser.apk not installing bug. 3/17/13: v0.9.8+ includes even more bug fixes from v0.9.8 and now implements the dual boot feature. Please read the README.txt inside the zip. 3/16/13: A few major code bugs fixed. Removed DL link for v0.9.7 because of these bugs. 100% tested and working with everything. 3/15/13: Initial upload... v0.9.7
Initial work by ubeezee & yareally on there forum thread.
Full revert based off method from Clavin, "tweaked" by Vashypooh.
Full credit of TWRP goes to Team Win for releasing an awesome tool! Good job guys.
I checked with Dees_Troy prior to integrating TWRP install into the tool, and he was alright with it. If this changes, it will be changed or completely removed per their request.
rooobbbbb on XDA for the Wallpaper Lock trick.
Jolleyboy/Bandage on XDA for Android Market guide/ Android Apps.
Sync settings found by Abramel @ XDA.
Zeb for testing 0.9.4!
If you are asking for help and can't post here, please post in Q&A forums here.
If you CAN post and are asking for help please provide some required information listed below to receive best solutions right away.
- Windows Verson
- 32-bit or 64-bit
- What steps you have taken
- What device manager says about your device
- Version of KFU you are using
- Exact error you recieve