[Q] What made you choose the Note 2 over the S 3?

Search This thread

kersey

May 30, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S20
Only had the S3 for 6 months then decided to go bigger. Chose it for it's battery life, bigger screen and much better speaker sound.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

GR36

Apr 1, 2011
Had an s3. Switched to a n4 for 2gb of ram. Needed more buisness use so went to a note

philby123

Jul 14, 2012
Only had the S3 for 6 months then decided to go bigger. Chose it for it's battery life, bigger screen and much better speaker sound.

+1 exactly the same for me, the Note 2 is best phone I have owned.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

EmptyArea

Dec 17, 2010
Missus has an S3. Apart from being lighter and slightly larger than my HTC DHD it didn't seem special. Still too small to comfortably use as a laptop replacement. It also looks cheaper and more like a toy, my grey note looks considerably smarter.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

odd1ne

Nov 26, 2012
Birmingham
I liked the big screen and stylus which is handy being built in.

The ram is a big plus too

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

E_Goldstein

Nov 23, 2011
Because i really thought there would be less stupid threads over in here nah i joke this place is full of them lolol.. Erm because it was the best thing on the market and it's huge :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

bushako

Mar 16, 2007
Dubai
Reasons I switched to the Note 2 from S3:
1. Stopped eyeing the RAM usage after closing every app.
2 . I barely use my laptop now thanks to the bigger screen for watching movies or editing documents on the go, the S3 could handle it but the screen just felt small and the Note2's S pen helps alot especially with lower DPI.
3. Newer than the S3 and felt like it would be a while before it goes outdated, again it's partly because of the additional RAM which makes it feel future proof for the next year or so.
4. My wife has an S3 and I felt like since I'm bigger than her I should have a bigger phone :p :p
5. Because of the wider screen, the keys are bigger and it's more comfortable to type on with both thumbs.
6 . because I think I deserve the best!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

larry_thagr81

Dec 30, 2012
REALLY???

What decisively made you go Note 2 over S 3?

Unless you don't want a big screen phone, there isn't anything better about the S3 compared to the Note II. The Note II is better in every way possible. If you are truly on the fence about the two devices, then let me tell you to stop wasting you time comparing the S3 vs the Note II and start comparing the S4 vs the Note II.