FORUMS

[HowTo] Calibrate your Li-ion Battery Perfectly

888 posts
Thanks Meter: 453

By DraXonic, Senior Member on 16th March 2013, 09:46 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Many of My Friends are facing Problem With Battery as Rom shows wrong information about remaining Battery %... As a result your phone goes off and when you start your Phone again it starts to show different % battery that mean that your battery is not Calibrate.. I am making this guide so that every one on this world may enjoy their phone for long time...
Warning Do at your own RISK...! Dont do it again and again

Steps you need to Do
-1 First thing you need to do is let your battery goes to 0%.. then again start your phone(Don't plug in charger) and repeat 1st step until your phone denies to turn on back..
-2 Then Charge your phone in Switched off mode to 100%
-3 Unplug your charger
-4 On phone
-5 Your phone is going to show % of battery lesser than 100%
-6 Charge your phone again in on mode to 100%
-7 Unplug your charger
-8 Restart your phone and repeat Steps from 4 to 8 again and again until on every restart u battery % shows about 97%to100%
-9Next step is to calibrate your battery Download free app from plat Store that is Battery Calibration
-10 Calibrate your Battery with the help of that app and make sure that your Battery % is 100
-11 After Calibration Use ur Battery Upto 0%
-12 Then Charge it again and Your battery will be Calibrated...

Enjoy..
Hit Thanks
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DraXonic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DraXonic Ad-Free
16th March 2013, 03:38 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyans4020

Many of My Friends are facing Problem With Battery as Rom shows wrong information about remaining Battery %... As a result your phone goes off and when you start your Phone again it starts to show different % battery that mean that your battery is not Calibrate.. I am making this guide so that every one on this world may enjoy their phone for long time...

Enjoy..

Hit Thanks

DON'T ever do this! Discharging a Li-ion battery completely WILL decrease your battery life.
Next, the battery calibration app is nothing more but a hoax. It only deletes a file containing the battery stats which is ONLY used in the battery statistics screen in settings.
So please, DON'T!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bugadani For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bugadani Ad-Free
16th March 2013, 03:47 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Re: [HowTo] Calibrate your Li-ion Battery Perfectly
It's true you get the same result from the battery calibrate app by wiping battery stats in recovery. Draining your battery does decrease battery life of li-ion batteries, same goes for your laptop. The theory to cycle your battery is a myth and actually wrecks your battery.

Sent from my GT-i9100 using Tapatalk 2
16th March 2013, 03:55 PM |#4  
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 341

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugadani

DON'T ever do this! Discharging a Li-ion battery completely WILL decrease your battery life.
Next, the battery calibration app is nothing more but a hoax. It only deletes a file containing the battery stats which is ONLY used in the battery statistics screen in settings.
So please, DON'T!

The 0% reported by the operating system is actually a bit higher than the voltage at which li-ion batteries will become damaged. Any modern phone should not allow you to discharge the battery to the point where it could cause damage.

Also there was an employee from Google IIRC that said wiping battery stats was useless because its only a file that keeps track of what apps used the battery and it wiped automatically when charged to 100%.
16th March 2013, 04:52 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag IIT Varanasi

More
Quote:

So please, DON'T!

Well when there is fall in battery from 100% to zero in 10 min then u have to calibrate

I am not saying to calibtate it daily... as i said you have to go to zero once to complete one cycle..
16th March 2013, 04:54 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag IIT Varanasi

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunker88

The 0% reported by the operating system is actually a bit higher than the voltage at which li-ion batteries will become damaged. Any modern phone should not allow you to discharge the battery to the point where it could cause damage.

Also there was an employee from Google IIRC that said wiping battery stats was useless because its only a file that keeps track of what apps used the battery and it wiped automatically when charged to 100%.

True.. i m getting what u want to say about labor force..
16th March 2013, 05:12 PM |#7  

More
Quote:

Well when there is fall in battery from 100% to zero in 10 min then u have to calibrate

I admit, when that happens, the battery circuit is probably in a dumb state and it _may_ be useful then. But doing this regularly is incredibly dangerous for the battery. Yes, some phones bias the battery reading but the post suggests to actually force it empty while turning it back on and on and on and that really kills it.
Still, using the app is just pure nonsense.
16th March 2013, 05:32 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag IIT Varanasi

More
Quote:

I admit, when that happens, the battery circuit is probably in a dumb state and it _may_ be useful then. But doing this regularly is incredibly dangerous for the battery. Yes, some phones bias the battery reading but the post suggests to actually force it empty while turning it back on and on and on and that really kills it.
Still, using the app is just pure nonsense.

No post suggest that drain battery once to zero then charge it again and again upto actual 100%

Sent from my Karbonn A5 using xda app-developers app
16th March 2013, 08:42 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

No post suggest that drain battery once to zero then charge it again and again upto actual 100%

How about the 1st point of the first post? "Drain it to 0 then turn it on and on again until it doesnt turn on anymore"?
You could brick an hp touchpad by doing this.
17th March 2013, 06:09 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag IIT Varanasi

More
Quote:

How about the 1st point of the first post? "Drain it to 0 then turn it on and on again until it doesnt turn on anymore"?
You could brick an hp touchpad by doing this.

Because 0% shown by the phone is.not actually 0% to gain that actual 0% we have to do that

17th March 2013, 05:30 PM |#11  
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 341

More
You do realize why they make the reported 0% above the actual 0%. If you drain a lithium ion battery to actual 0% you'll permanently damage it. Also calibration is only useful if you want the OS to read the battery percentage more correctly. Lithium ion batteries themselves work perfectly fine with partial charge cycles.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)