FORUMS

How to Downgrade JB 4.1.2 to GB 2.3.6 on Galaxy S Advance(16gb and 8gb)<works 100%>

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 51

By #include<mArS>, Junior Member on 18th March 2013, 05:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
read it carefully before doing it n remember iam not responsible for any bricked phones, brain strokes,heart attacks etc etc...so jus be careful and follow the instructions

Requirements:

1)Follow the instructions carefully. This tutorial is applicable for Galaxy S Advance phone (GT-I9070) running Jelly Bean Android 4.1.2 OS.
2)Make sure you’ve charged your phone to its full capacity.
3)Backup all contents on your phone including contacts, messages, apps (if you want to), images, videos, personal files as downgrading process will wipe everything.
4)Proceed at your own risk as your device might get bricked. So, do not downgrade unless you desperately want to. If you really want to downgrade to GB, you can even approach Samsung Mobile Service center to do the job for you instead of taking risk yourself. The author and this website hold no responsibility for any damage.
5)USB Data Cable
6)Computer/Laptop

How to Downgrade JB 4.1.2 to GB 2.3.6 on Galaxy S Advance:

1)Download this package from (http://devhost.xda-developers.com/sA3) just copy and paste the link on ur address bar.
2)This is compressed file. Use 7-zip or winrar program to extract the archive.
3)Open Odin3 v1.85 version.
4)Turn off your phone. Go to download mode on your phone by pressing volume down + home+ power keys together. You’ll be asked to press volume up key to confirm entry into download mode.
5)Connect your phone to computer via usb cable.
6)In ODIN, a box will turn colored with com number and in the log window, there will be a message – Added.
7)Now click on PDA button in ODIN and select CODE_GT-I9070_I9070DXLD1_CL1068093_REV00_user_SEC_KEY_LD1_ 8G.tar.md5 file.
8)Now hit on CSC button and select CSC_GT-I9070-MULTI-CSC-OLBLD1_SEC_KEY_8G.tar.md5 file.
9)Hit on PIT button and select the PIT file extracted from the downloaded package in first step above (GT-I9070_EUR_XX_8G.pit).
10)Now, make sure Re-Partition, Auto-Reboot, F. Reset Time boxes are ticked in ODIN program.
11)Click on Start button.
12)Let the flashing process continue.
13)After some time, your phone will reboot. It might take time to start so have patience.
14)Once your phone starts successfully and ODIN displays PASS message in Green colored box, you can then unplug your phone from computer.
15)Go to phone settings to confirm if you’re successfully back on GingerBread OS.
(note:the below steps are only for 16gb s advance users)
16)Now, if you’ve 16GB Galaxy S Advance phone, your internal memory might have shrunk to much smaller size.
17)it must have now shrunk to 3.9gb from 11.5 gb
18)to fix this,just download your country's official GB from here(http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2014516).
19)using odin 3.07,flash the official GB with auto-reboot and f.reset time ticked and RE-PARTITION UNTICKED(it should NOT be selected)
20)after flashing(go to-settings--->storage----->Format USB storage)
21)congrats,nw ur phone is perfectly running on official gingerbread(2.3.6)

DON'T forget to hit like b
utton
The Following 48 Users Say Thank You to #include<mArS> For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift #include<mArS> Ad-Free
18th March 2013, 06:10 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Re: How to Downgrade JB 4.1.2 to GB 2.3.6 on Galaxy S Advance(16gb and 8gb)&lt;works 100
There is already a guide at the top of the posts.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2100642

Sent from my GT-I9070 using xda app-developers app
18th March 2013, 06:18 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
this works for both(8gb and 16gb) samsung galaxy s advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMotass

There is already a guide at the top of the posts.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2100642

yes bro,i knw that there is already a post regarding the downgrading of s advance to gb,but it helps people who have 8gb version,not who have 16 gb version.
my thread helps in downgrading both the variants.
hope it helped you
The Following User Says Thank You to #include<mArS> For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift #include<mArS> Ad-Free
18th March 2013, 06:29 AM |#4  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 4,764

Donate to Me
More
Re: How to Downgrade JB 4.1.2 to GB 2.3.6 on Galaxy S Advance(16gb and 8gb)&lt;works 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by #include

yes bro,i knw that there is already a post regarding the downgrading of s advance to gb,but it helps people who have 8gb version,not who have 16 gb version.
my thread helps in downgrading both the variants.
hope it helped you

And what's the difference between 8gb and 16gb?
Only the pit file.!

Pm the mods to close the thread or i will report the user for spamming!

I do not respond to tech support via PM
18th March 2013, 06:38 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Brother shaan,its not the difference of pit file,please read my thread completly before posting anything..hope u understood my point

18th March 2013, 06:55 AM |#6  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1,241

More
my phone is bricked at gt i9070 screen with download mode acceeable
No recovery
Binary counter - 1

I had tried to flash jb but same thing as above happened
Any help?
18th March 2013, 07:01 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Ok...so did u brick ua phne while downgrading??

18th March 2013, 07:03 AM |#8  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by #include<mArS>

Ok...so did u brick ua phne while downgrading??

i bricked it while upgrading too

While upgrading, what shall i use in odin
only pda?
pda+csc?
pda+pit?
pda+csc+pit?
18th March 2013, 07:15 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjav23

i bricked it while upgrading too

While upgrading, what shall i use in odin
only pda?
pda+csc?
pda+pit?
pda+csc+pit?

if u are upgrading to jb from gb,u need to use just pda and add(.md5) to it and flash using odin 3.0.7 and make sure that re-partition is not ticked..hope it helped...n remember to hit thanks button
18th March 2013, 07:19 AM |#10  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by #include<mArS>

if u are upgrading to jb from gb,u need to use just pda and add(.md5) to it and flash using odin 3.0.7 and make sure that re-partition is not ticked..hope it helped...n remember to hit thanks button

well, i did just that but it got stuck at system in odin

So then i added a csc and then it got stuck at recovery

Right now i am having a bricked gt-i9070 screen with binary counter 1 and no recovery
Will flashing a custom kernel help

Cause at the moment i can enter only dl mode and recovery mode just shows that spinning thingy stuck.....

Will samsung help if binary counter is 1
18th March 2013, 07:33 AM |#11  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 4,764

Donate to Me
More
Re: How to Downgrade JB 4.1.2 to GB 2.3.6 on Galaxy S Advance(16gb and 8gb)&lt;works
Quote:
Originally Posted by #include

Brother shaan,its not the difference of pit file,please read my thread completly before posting anything..hope u understood my point

I cannot find any difference! Please enlighten me..

I do not respond to tech support via PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)