https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.apps.busybox

Download here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.apps.busybox

Welcome to BusyBox for Non-Rooted Devices by Jared Burrows
http://www.burrowsapps.com/
Find me on Google+: https://plus.google.com/112325051207...930?rel=author
Send all suggestions to [email protected]
Required:
✔ Android Terminal Emulator Application
After having a rooted phone for years, I know that there are plenty of applications that allow users to customize their phones; however, when I recently bought a brand new phone this year, I decided not to root it and I realized the main reason for rooting my phone was simply to obtain more linux tools. I made this simple application in order to help users simply install BusyBox without the hassle of being rooted!
All binaries are installed in: /data/data/burrows.apps.busybox/app_busybox/
In Terminal Emulator, Preferences: Initial command: export PATH=$PATH:/data/data/burrows.apps.busybox/app_busybox/
Provided extra Binaries:
✔ add-property-tag
✔ backup
✔ bash
✔ btool
✔ check-lost+found
✔ dexdump
✔ drm1_func_test
✔ hcidump
✔ hcitool
✔ iwmulticall
✔ latencytop
✔ librank
✔ micro_bench
✔ multitouch
✔ nano
✔ opcontrol
✔ openvpn
✔ oprofiled
✔ procmem
✔ procrank
✔ rawbu
✔ run_backup
✔ run_restore
✔ sane_schedstat
✔ scheduler
✔ scp
✔ showmap
✔ showslab
✔ sqlite3
✔ ssh
✔ ssmgrd
✔ strace
How to use BusyBox Non-root:
✔ Step 1: Click on "Install" to install BusyBox
✔ Step 2: Open your Terminal and change directory to the path!
Permissions requested:
✔ Internet: Download BusyBox (make sure you are on WiFi!)
✔ Script: Add PATH to Terminal
Tags: busybox busy box root checker root check root check, root checker , android root, verify root, check root, Superuser, administrator, root access, busybox check, su checker, su check, test root, root tester, rooting, superuser, sudo checker, user access, uid, gid, sh, admin, execute, developer, shell, bash hash encryption decryption Base64 Binary CRC32 GOST MD2 MD4 MD5 RipeMD128 RipeMD160 hash RipeMD256 RipeMD320 SHA-1 SHA-256 SHA-384 SHA-512 Tiger Whirlpool password security droid hack hacking encryption decryption hash hashes message digest algorithm secure cryptographic function checksum rom roms verifier MD5 checker Rivest comparison cyanogenmod cyanogen md5sum mand5 AES file encryption password

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.apps.busybox

Find me on Google+

Follow me on Twitter

Read my About Me
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Jaredsburrows For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jaredsburrows Ad-Free
19th March 2013, 04:36 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
Re: **[APP] BusyBox for NON-ROOT Phones**
Is busybox even possible for non rooted phones

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
19th March 2013, 06:11 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Thumbs up Yes
Yes, this is why I made this application. Since most people's phones are not rooted, if you have chmod install on your phone, which most Android phones come with it, you can download and test my application out. It will download and let you use the binaries.

You only need chmod and a terminal you execute the binaries.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaredsburrows For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jaredsburrows Ad-Free
3rd April 2013, 11:00 PM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Orlando

More
Cool :)
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone had tried out the application and can give me some feedback!

Regards,
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaredsburrows For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jaredsburrows Ad-Free
20th May 2013, 07:57 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Nano does not work and possibly others too, and isn't it possible to use ~/.bash_profie or similar to avoid ./ behavior?

ws.apps.busybox/app_busybox/busybox <
[email protected]:/data/data/burrows.apps.busybox/app_busybox/busybox $ ./nano test
link_image[1891]: 24707 could not load needed library 'libncurses.so' for './nano' (load_library[1093]: Library 'libncurses.so' not found)CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE
255|[email protected]:/data/data/burrows.apps.busybox/app_busybox/busybox $

Oh and don't tell me to "just use vi", because I'm not.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
28th May 2013, 03:20 AM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Orlando

More
libcurses.so
Hello,

As of now, nano needs the "libcurses.so" shared library in which needs to be installed. You will most likely need root for this operation. I am trying to add more and new features!

Regards,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaredsburrows For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jaredsburrows Ad-Free
5th June 2013, 05:54 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
How to download without Google account?
5th June 2013, 06:02 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1,616

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simbin

How to download without Google account?

A Google account costs nothing...

He left his email address in the first post. Why don't you send him an email?
The Following User Says Thank You to nikwen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nikwen Ad-Free
6th June 2013, 07:15 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I’ve been asked several times.. Why not sign into Google? I hope this will better help explain my thoughts on the matter, thank you.

It might seem strange to most people.. especially since I bought a "Google" device, but I'm trying to go "Googleless" this time around. With Google Reader nearing its end, AdBlock being blocked, increased DRM/licensing, biased search results, unfair forfeiture and distribution of AdSense revenue and submission to big brother, I think it may be best to cut my dependence sooner rather than later.

I've been a huge fan of Google since their early days of "Don't be evil" but as time passes I find myself questioning some of their practices.

It amazes me that no one sees the writing on the wall. I mean, people complain about other companies and their walled gardens but turn a blind eye to the Android ecosystem.

I’ve spent the last three days trying to download all my apps outside Google Play and it’s very difficult. So few authors post their apps anywhere else. I realize that most downloads occur there, but I don’t see how it would be so terrible to offer a torrent or file locker link as a backup. In the end you’re punished for trying to be independent of Google, left with only 3rd party sites and hashtags to try and get legit files.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simbin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift simbin Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
busybox, non rooted

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)