Original XDA post : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2070139
OpenSGN : http://code.google.com/p/opensgn/
Developers : exception13 and X-Stranger
*********THIS IS JUST A HOW-TO, DO NOT POST ANYTHING OTHER THAN POSTS RELATING TO THE INSTALLATION
*********IF YOU WANT TO POST ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENT, PLEASE POST ON THE ORIGINAL THREAD
Note: I am writing this tutorial with the developer(s) consent. So do not complain about duplication. I'm writing this tutorial to simplify the steps for users.
How to install:
1. Your device must be rooted
2. I personally recommend you installing Cyanogenmod 10.1 and creating a full backup of the system
3. Download these two files :
4. Create a folder somewhere in your pc, (i.e. Desktop) and extract the contents from the two zipped files (linux.img and recovery.img)
5. Plug in your device, copy over the linux.img and recovery.img files into the internal storage
6. Open up a file browser inside android with access to root, and move the linux.img file to the "Real" sdcard.
****** "Real" sdcard card is : >>>>> /mnt/shell/emulated <<<< in cyanogenmod 10.1 (thats why i told you to install it)
****** I'm not sure about other roms, please check it.
7. linux.img file must be in the real sdcard path (the path above) for cyanogenmod
8. Open up terminal emulator in android OR adb shell into the device from pc.
**** How to ADB shell from pc *****
Connect the device, open up command prompt (or teminal if using linux) and type in " adb shell " (without the speech marks)
Continue to step 9
9. Grant superuser permissions by typing " su " into the terminal emulator or adb shell (this will return nothing)
10. This is the step where we wrtie the recovery.img into the device. Follow carefully
Type " dd if=/path/to/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 " without the speech marks, (replace the path to recovery)
****/path/to/ is the path where you copied the recovery.img file onto, and example would be****
***an example of the path would be " dd if=/storage/sdcard0/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 " or simmilar
Then it will say if it was successful
11. Final step, you just need to reboot the device into recovery mode, which will automatically load the new recovery and it will boot ArchLinux
To login, you need to enter this password (without speech marks) : " changeme "
Again, big thanks to X-Stranger and exception13 for the development
I hope this tutorial helps you out.
If I helped you, just hit the Thanks Button