I grabbed the DashClock SMS extension source and modified it to display the sender in the top part, and the message text in the bottom part. As of version 0.5 it now supports viewing up to 3 separate message threads (as long as you enable that option). As of 0.6 it supports leading to Hangouts. As of 0.7, the issue on Samsung devices (only tested on S3 running stock 4.3) is resolved.
- 0.1: Initial release
- 0.2: Big thanks to ShortFuse, modified the code which reads the SMS contents to work in more situations and close a possible memory leak
- 0.2.1: Shifted a string to strings.xml, added Slovak translation
0.3: Redone based on Dashclock 1.5 update. Hopefully this addresses the MMS problems people were having,but I have no way to test.
- 0.4: You can now view all unread messages instead of the latest one if someone sends you multiple messages. (See picture)
- Multiple panels for multiple message threads
- Ability to switch message, sender
- Settings for each of the above
- Bugfix for extra line at end of panels
- Status (the small number at top when your lock slider is showing) shows number of messages per convo when multiple panels enabled, number of unread convos when not enabled.
- Bugfix: 3rd panel would display 2nd panel messages (unless switch sender/contents was checked)
- Code cleanup
- Bugfixes, lots of them.
- Uses method of leading to SMS threads compatible with Hangouts.
- Option to manually forward the app to Hangouts, in the case this is needed. (more than 4 unread conversations or multi-panel unchecked)
- Now works with TouchWiz (But if you're on TouchWiz do yourself a favor and flash a custom ROM, if possible ) Thanks to my dad for letting me test on his work phone.
- Updated Slovak translations from pyler.
- 0.8: Attempt at fixing problem where contents would not show up. Seems to fix when it happens to me but this is on limited circumstances.
- 0.8.1: Fixed another problem where contacts/messages could not be read.
- Read MMS (group messages, say something about a picture) - as of .5 I found a way to do this. But not a way to test.
- It's not tested on Sense devices (it was reported to be also not working on them). But the fix for Touchwizvshould also fix it for Sense devices.
- Bug fixes, as they come up
- If it becomes popular enough, onto the Play Store!