Remove All Ads from XDA

Stock d4 JB via kexec

299 posts
Thanks Meter: 639

By kfazz, Senior Member on 20th March 2013, 11:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Run stock JB without flashing OTA!

flash this zip to a romslot instead.

REQUIRES SAFESTRAP 3.11 (due to increase in system partition size )

Only tested with ICS boot.img so far but it might work for people who've already flashed the OTA.

This is the Full Bloat edition

might do a slimmed version later.

Download: http://devhost.xda-developers.com/g5f

Bugs:
haven't tested much yet beyond booting and going through setup.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kfazz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kfazz Ad-Free
21st March 2013, 12:23 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
working:
hwc
lcd
1X
3g
4g
sound
wifi
compass
keybaord
capslight
bluetooth
etc...

not working:
???

Edit: romslot 1 only for now
21st March 2013, 12:11 PM |#3  
Flag Ashburnham
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Re: Stock d4 JB via kexec
thanks, man. too lazy to SBF, and the OTA keeps failing because I must have modded my build.prop. until I get some time to grab a build.prop from stock ICS or just bite the bullet and SBF back to stock, this should hold me over

Sent from my DROID 4 using Tapatalk 2
21st March 2013, 02:13 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Thanks! I'll give it a run and report anything out of the ordinary!
21st March 2013, 06:31 PM |#5  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 4

More
No Wifi Tethering?
I just installed this from Rom Slot-1 and it looks good so far, but first thing i noticed was that I could not do Wifi Tethering with Foxfi (or built-in hotspot) It says that the carrier has blocked wifi mode in Jelly Bean... any ideas on how to get around that?
21st March 2013, 08:16 PM |#6  
Flag Charleston IL
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by panamakevin

I just installed this from Rom Slot-1 and it looks good so far, but first thing i noticed was that I could not do Wifi Tethering with Foxfi (or built-in hotspot) It says that the carrier has blocked wifi mode in Jelly Bean... any ideas on how to get around that?

i use thiswifi tether but i am on the JB OTA
21st March 2013, 08:25 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

there is an entitlement check in settings storage, looks like there is a way to hack it by editing sql database for settings storage. trying to find an easier fix....

Edit: delete /system/app/MotorolaSettingsProvider.apk and odex and replace with this: http://www.mediafire.com/?e5o6pgju49d0tih (deodexed apk only, no odex file)
wipe data and cache and it might just work. NOTE: wiping data and cache is mandatory.

Confirmed working, and this hack should also work for any stock JB based rom.
edit: it works but deodexing the apk seems to be be causing FCs ,I'll try injecting the modified resources into the odexed apk later
The Following User Says Thank You to kfazz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kfazz Ad-Free
22nd March 2013, 12:59 AM |#8  
Flag Ashburnham
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Re: Stock d4 JB via kexec
Quote:

Look for sqleditor in the market, scroll down to settings (the icon with the wrench), settings, then change line 66 'entitlement_check' from a 1 to a 0, and reboot. Built-in hotspot will work

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
22nd March 2013, 05:46 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
http://www.mediafire.com/?kn9xa1u6olpb9k9
this is a zip of the odexed apk and odex with new resource injected. tether works and no more FC's, no sql editing necessary.
these can be added to the zip beofre flashing, or pushed to /system/app/
The Following User Says Thank You to kfazz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kfazz Ad-Free
24th March 2013, 04:57 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfazz

http://www.mediafire.com/?kn9xa1u6olpb9k9
this is a zip of the odexed apk and odex with new resource injected. tether works and no more FC's, no sql editing necessary.
these can be added to the zip beofre flashing, or pushed to /system/app/

Can I post a patch which include this patch ,your kexec files and gsm patch for myfishbear's eclipse ROM?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)