Get the OnePlus 6 early at a pop-up event in your city →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

ADB device show empty

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By ngaisteve1, Junior Member on 21st March 2013, 03:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, I have already had my USB debugging enabled and from my device manager I can see my device there showing "ASUS Android Devices" > "Asus Android Composite ADB Interface".

But when I reboot my tablet as USB mode and from my laptop I run cmd as Administrator, and run "adb devices" command, it just show me "List of devices attached" and then the command prompt.

I have already unlock and rooted my tablet.

Why I can't see my device id ? Please help
The Following User Says Thank You to ngaisteve1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ngaisteve1 Ad-Free

22nd March 2013, 04:57 PM |#2  
SPB
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Try: Connect/disconnect device from USB. Kill adb server (adb.exe) from DeviceManager, and then run "adb devices" again. Also make sure that correct USB drivers are installed for your device.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to knutson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift knutson Ad-Free
22nd March 2013, 07:41 PM |#3  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 31

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knutson

Try: Connect/disconnect device from USB. Kill adb server (adb.exe) from DeviceManager, and then run "adb devices" again. Also make sure that correct USB drivers are installed for your device.

Yeah this process is correct. Even I've experienced this.

What I did is:

Removed the USB cable connection and reconnect.
Kill adb.exe
Restart adb.
Then device was shown to be connected.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shashivydyula For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shashivydyula Ad-Free
26th March 2013, 02:11 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Yes, I did that but still the same. Any other suggestions?
26th March 2013, 11:57 PM |#5  
Flag Elyria
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Re: ADB device show empty
If on windows make sure your driver's are installed.

Type in cmd
adb kill-server
adb start-server

If that doesn't work try a different usb slot. You could also try moving adb and it's dependencies to your system32 folder. It's where all your commands are stored for cmd. You won't have to navigate to the android sdk tools.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to gollum17 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gollum17 Ad-Free
1st April 2013, 11:15 PM |#6  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 183

More
Have you enabled Debugging on in your phones Developer settings?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ballzak For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ballzak Ad-Free
21st October 2013, 12:42 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngaisteve1

Yes, I did that but still the same. Any other suggestions?

it's so easy, just turn off your android device, then hold down both "Volume Down" key and "Power" at the same time, wait a few seconds till it start in recovery mode, done.
now type adb devices, and you'll see your device.
The Following User Says Thank You to mohammadmdp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mohammadmdp Ad-Free
22nd October 2013, 03:35 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thumbs up
no need for that.

close any adb process either from task manager or by typing: "adb kill-server" in adb console

close everything and use this customized adb file I attached, it'll show your device.

it also has instructions and necessary files for rooting your device.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MID Tablet Root.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.77 MB, 15137 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mohammadmdp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mohammadmdp Ad-Free
8th May 2014, 05:44 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Problem
Quote:

I have LG Optimus G (E975) i wipped all from the device and now i can't put cm11 on it, adb sideload do not work, and list of devices attached is empty. what must i do to put CM11 on my phone?
16th May 2014, 09:41 PM |#10  

More
I'm having the same issue but I have a ! triangle on my Nexus 5 under Other Devices. Any suggestions???
28th June 2014, 10:02 PM |#11  

More
I have the same issue on my nexus 4. Yesterday it showed up with adb devices, now it's an empty list. I have USB debugging enabled and tried restarting the server. Nothing works. Any ideas?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)