FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] ASUS MeMO Pad Smart (ME301T) unlock

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By nikrzd, Junior Member on 24th March 2013, 06:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Good afternoon.
I bought myself this device ASUS MeMO Pad Smart (ME301T).
There was a problem I can not get to the files of the system, you need to restore a single program.
Tell me how to get Root on the device.
I would be very grateful.
24th March 2013, 07:48 AM |#2  

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikrzd

Good afternoon.
There was a problem I can not get to the files of the system, you need to restore a single program.

Hi! Just interested in the issue.
25th March 2013, 12:30 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Help!
25th March 2013, 03:43 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Good afternoon.

haven't you tried z4root?
I Invite you to see this post which discuss around what's interesting for you

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2172581&page=3
The Following User Says Thank You to mosy7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mosy7 Ad-Free
25th March 2013, 06:44 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy7

Thanks.Not working
27th March 2013, 06:51 AM |#6  

More
Just picked up this tablet today, wondering if anyone has found anything about rooting it?
27th March 2013, 09:50 PM |#7  
Flag Netanya
Thanks Meter: 20

More
I'm searching to buy the original OTG, if someone have one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	023.jpg
Views:	817
Size:	255.6 KB
ID:	1838606  
6th April 2013, 02:20 PM |#8  
Flag Netanya
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Hey guys, I'm still searching for the original OTG adapter, does anyone mind ti sell his, to me?
12th April 2013, 12:58 AM |#9  

More
Quote:

Thanks.Not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosy7

Hi all, I recently bought this tablet as well and I'm quite happy with it except for the fact that I don't have root permissions too.
I tried with SuperOneClick v.2.3.3.0 software but it didn't work as it makes few steps and then it hang as it waits for the device; and yes, USB debugging mode was enabled.

As the majority of the Android devices, if you turn on the device by holding the power button AND the volume key up or down - can't remember which one right now - you can access the recovery boot. Here the options are just 4 and you have 10 seconds to select one of them with the volume rocker.
I managed to start up the pad in Safe Mode (it is written on the bottom left of the screen) but I haven't tried to root it from there.
I'm unsure what the other options stand for and the only other I tried, showed a picture of android and an exclamation mark on a red triangle, I guess it's related to the root permission missing.

Any suggestion on how to root this device would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by E15i

Hey guys, I'm still searching for the original OTG adapter, does anyone mind ti sell his, to me?

Hi there, I don't have this cable but have you tried using a non-brand cable with this tablet?
It is my plan to buy a compatible USB OTG cable, I guess it should work fine although not from Asus...at least this is my understanding from a review that I found:

"...The MeMO ME301T has a micro USB port that you'll use for charging with the included 5v 2 amp charger and for USB peripherals with a USB host OTG cable (not included). We tested the USB port with USB flash drives, hard drives and USB game controllers like the XBOX PC controller and a Logitech controller. Portable hard drives didn't get consistently adequate power from the port, but hard drives with external power supplies worked, including NTFS drives. ..."

The source is here: mobiletechreview.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=44326 (can't yet post external links so just copy & paste it in the browser URL field)

Hope this can help, it would great if you can share your experience about this, shall you have the opportunity to test it.
12th April 2013, 03:50 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thumbs up Rooting with Motochopper
I can confirm that Motochopper gives me root access with the filemanager.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GHBLoos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GHBLoos Ad-Free
12th April 2013, 04:04 PM |#11  
Flag Sherbrooke
Thanks Meter: 46

More
I can also confirm that Motochopper roots the same tablet (still running 4.1.1 on mine). Many thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to GenghisKhan67 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GenghisKhan67 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)