FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM]+[KERNEL] CM10.1 AOSP Jellybean 4.2.2 [KANG] [July-14]

3,833 posts
Thanks Meter: 16,224

Post Reply Email Thread
CyanogenMod 10.1 Jellybean 4.2.2 - KANG

CyanogenMod is an enhanced open source firmware distribution for smartphones and tablet computers based on the Android mobile operating system. It offers features and options not found in the official firmware distributed by vendors of these devices. Features supported by CyanogenMod include native theming support, FLAC audio codec support, a large Access Point Name list, an OpenVPN client, an enhanced reboot menu, support for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and USB tethering, CPU overclocking and other performance enhancements, soft buttons and other "tablet tweaks", toggles in the notification pull-down (such as wi-fi, Bluetooth and GPS), app permissions management, as well as other interface enhancements. CyanogenMod does not contain spyware or bloatware. In many cases, CyanogenMod may increase performance and reliability compared with official firmware releases.

Source: CyanogenMod Wiki

Screenshots

Installation Instructions

Requirements
* Rooted (obviously)
* Basic knowledge of flashing ROMs

Installation
1: If you are coming from another ROM do a full wipe
1a: if this is just an update to THIS ROM BASE you can simply wipe cache and dalvik cache
2: Flash gapps (download below)
3: Reboot
4: Enjoy CyanogenMod 10.1

Please read the whole post for changelog, Download links, and other important info

Hey there, here is a CM-10.1 KANG, Device tree is based off of Evervolv's (thanks so much) Other then that and some patches to framework to get camera going its all CM. I also included a modified kernel. Kernel is also based off of Evervolv's with some changes. Mainly I undervolted the lower cpu freqs. by ~25mV up until 1200 Mhtz, after that freq all voltages are the same as Evervolv's. I also added some more governors. Lazy, Smartassv2, lagfree, and interactiveX. Ondemand is default. I will be updating this ROM on a regular basis. Check below for source code and more details. As always: remember it takes a FULL charge from AC, and a full discharge then re charge batteryt to be accurate. Also leave it plugged in for up to an hour at 100%, Another thing i find helps battery life is to make custom auto-adjustment values if you use auto-brightness. Check below for full changelog Feedback always welcome Please read the Kernel section for more info and full config options for the kernel.

Albinoman887

Working
SMS/MMS
Wi-FI
Data
GPS
Audio
Radio
Camera
Gnow
SD Card
Bluetooth
Native Wi-Fi Tethering
720p Video Recording

Not Working
Speaker Phone

Changelog

July-14
* CM tagged 10.1.2 (security fixes)
* Upstream: Fixed Wi-Fi toggle
* Added DeviceSettings (should be found under Settings>Advanced)
* General cleanup
* Upstream updates

July-12
* Finally got my hands on a device to test, audio is REALLY fixed now.
* CM 10.1.1 with all the latest security patches
* We are using full caf audio libs now.
* all upstream changes as of the time of release

July-10
* Upstream: CM tagged 10.1.1
* Fixed all the audio issues from last release
* Upstream changes since last release

July-2
* After a long break, Back with a very updated build, now CM-10.1+
* Huge amount of updates to the kernel. just check github
* Many Many other updates in the last two months I can't remember now :P

April-28
* Fixed all the bugs from last release (no audio, no camera)
* Camera button works
* Display updated to HWC1.1 (cm-10.1)
* A lot of kernel changes upstream (Evervolv) hopefully it fixes the headset heat issue.
* Various Upstream changes by CM
* Fore a more complete changelog check github

April-23
* Display repo is now 100% CM-10.1 code just with pmem support added back in
* Plethora of updates to Kernel (hoping this fixes the headset heat up issue)
* Camera button now opens Camera correctly
* Various Upstream CHanges
* cLock is fixed
* Probably a LOT of other things i can't remember between the 31st and today

Mar31
* Fixed signal strength issue when device is sleeping
* added CM powerhal to device tree (evervolv)
* Cleaned up display repo
* Bumped low-end voltages
* Fixed heat-up when using headphones/headset
* Lots of upstream kernel changes
* kernel patched to 3.0.71
* Increased wi-fi scan interval
* Increased mobile data throughput
* Upstream CM changes

Mar-28
* Upstream: Don't show pie controls for devices with hardware keys
* ameneded the memory (pmem) mapping to conform with standards
* Volume Rocker wake option got lost in merge, re-enabled
* Screen will now turn on when you plug/unplug your device
* LED notification settings in Display
* More device tree cleanup
* Upstream changes

** Also Added 2nd post with instructions for checking out source and compiling this rom **

Mar-27
* Fixed 720p video recording
* Fixed FFC video recording
* frameworks/av repo is now 100% cyanogenmod
* host of updates to display-legacy repo
* GooManager support (auto-update)
* GooManager included in ROM
* Increased PMEM size and GPU MEM size to try and reslove soft-reboots
(idea taken from my pyramid ROM/KERNEL where we had the same issue until this fix was applied)
* DEADLINE is now the default I/O Scheduler
* Upstream Changes (check gerrit for details)

Mar-24
* initial build

Kernel

ChronicKernel

Kernel now based on Evervolv's kernel with a few changes by me, including:

* Compiled with linaro
* Removed/Disabled KSM
* Removed ZRAM
* Optimized and compiled with with the "Optimize a lot, or -o3 option)
* Added more I/O schedulers
* Tweaked voltages a bit
* PMEM memory mapping tweak to remedy soft-reboots with AOSP 4.2/CM10-1

These settings were changed by me to help make the kernel more stable with our ROM, observed with tests by me. if you want to use another kernel please feel free. but support will not be provided unless you are running the kernel included with the ROM

Other Features of the kernel include:

* OC to 1900Mhtz (default 1024Mhtz, Recomended: 1200Mhtz)
* Undervolted
* Added CPU Governors: Smartassv2, lazy, lagfree, interactiveX
* User-configurable CPU OC
* User-configurable CPU default governor (ondemand = default)
* User-configurable I/O scheduler (default = DEADLINE)

Bugs

When taking a picture the screen turns green for a second. image is not effected

Notes

* As of Feb-19 CyanognMod changed the way the reboot menu works. To enable the "Advanced Reboot" menu with recovery and bootloader go to Settings>Developer Options and Check Advanced Reboot

* As of AOSP 4.2.2 ADB now has a whitelist feature. On first connect with adb it will say device offline You need to update your ADB then with the phone connected. Disable and Re-Enable Android Debugging in the Developer Options menu. It will ask if you want to accept and show the PC's RSA key. Select Yes and it will now work as expected

* As of AOSP 4.2.1 Developer Options and Performance setting menu options are hidden until you go into about phone and tap build number repeatedly (aprox. 6 times) this only needs to be done once

* If you are coming from another ROM i highly recommend you perform and Wipe Date/Factory Reset in recovery menu when applying this ROM.

* The gapps linked to does not have photosphere. As far as i know it's not supposed to. If you want photophere search for the flashable zip

* If you can't get MMS to work. Send yourself a MMS. or just wait a day. eventually they will work again

DOWNLOAD

ROM : cm-10.1-20130714-Albinoman887-glacier.zip
Gapps : gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip
Goo.im Repo : CLICK HERE
* This ROM can also be downloaded directly with GooManager *

Source Code

Team Hydra Github (main): https://github.com/Team-Hydra
CyanogenMod Github: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

Credits

* First off of course cyanogen, the CyanogenMod project and all who contribute.
* elginsk8r for his work on the glacier device tree and kernel. These repos were the base of my build
* Evervolv Team for their device tree. This was largely what was needed to get the build going.
* jiggs82 for all his helpful hints.
* And any and all users in this thread who contirbuted or will contribute to making this ROM as stable as possible
* dastin1015 for answering all my n00bish questions, and providing helpful hints and solutions, and for being a great team partner/build partner
* android1234567 for all the help with the kernel, without you we wouldn't have new kernel
* arco for all his work on the display libs

Donations

here is a donation link if you want to buy me a coffee or pack of smokes (I go through a lot sitting on the PC messing around lol) go ahead. But not required or expected by any means

For more information like compiling, see 2nd post

Happy Flashing

Albinoman887
The Following 60 Users Say Thank You to albinoman887 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

24th March 2013, 05:32 PM |#2  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Snohomish, WA

Donate to Me
More
Compiling

first create the folder structure for your source. I suggest creating android/system n your home directory.

Now cd into this directory enter this command
Code:
repo init -u git://github.com/Team-Hydra/android.git -b cm-10.1
repo sync
Once you have done that your ready to go. simply run:
Code:
. build/envsetup.sh
./vendor/cm/get-prebuilts
lunch cm_glacier-userdebug
mka bacon
make sure before you start a new build to always run make clobber

If anyone would like to help bug bash with me feel free. if you make any progress send me a pull request

Happy Developing,

Albinoman887
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to albinoman887 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2013, 05:41 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 574

Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM]+[KERNEL] CM10.1 AOSP Jellybean 4.2.2 [KANG] [Mar-24]
God job, i'll flash it today! Are these going to be nightly builds?

Sent from my myTouch 4G using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to THEindian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift THEindian Ad-Free
24th March 2013, 05:42 PM |#4  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Snohomish, WA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEindian

God job, i'll flash it today! Are these going to be nightly builds?

Yeah pretty much. I might skip a couple days if there arent really any changes (a lot of times they are just translation updates) but for the most part yes
The Following User Says Thank You to albinoman887 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2013, 05:45 PM |#5  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by albinoman887

Yeah pretty much. I might skip a couple days if there arent really any changes (a lot of times they are just translation updates) but for the most part yes

Also, I think elginsk8r should be mentioned under the credit section, it's his device tree and kernel base you used.

24th March 2013, 05:47 PM |#6  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Snohomish, WA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEindian

Also, I think elginsk8r should be mentioned under the credit section, it's his device tree and kernel base you used.

yeah i'll add it right now, i forgot his username and was too lazy to look it up lol
The Following User Says Thank You to albinoman887 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th March 2013, 05:55 PM |#7  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Flash rom now...

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda app-developers app
24th March 2013, 07:28 PM |#8  
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 1,098

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by albinoman887

Hey Bro nice to see you expand your work over here to the glacier.I have been running your work on my sensation for a while and loving it..If this is anything like that I am sure it will not disappoint..
24th March 2013, 11:23 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 138

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-JACKS

Hey Bro nice to see you expand your work over here to the glacier.I have been running your work on my sensation for a while and loving it..If this is anything like that I am sure it will not disappoint..

i realize that you probably don't have much time, so it's fine that you mostly copied and pasted from the sensation ROM page. i just want to make sure that what's stated in the OP is what's actually going on with the kernel and such. regardless, thanks for making this ROM!

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

especially with the reboots that a lot of the other ROMs seem to be facing...i'm sure once it gets fixed on one, it'll carry over to all of them :P
25th March 2013, 12:30 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Can I get a link for the kernel only please?

The Following User Says Thank You to FatboyHoudini For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FatboyHoudini Ad-Free
25th March 2013, 01:50 AM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Also, would you mind mirroring to dev host or 4Shared? Goo.IM is slow right now, i can upload if you would like
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm 10.1, mytouch 4g

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)