FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

Rooting method for V20 (modified rooting by Lelus)

108 posts
Thanks Meter: 78

By AngryWolf80, Senior Member on 25th March 2013, 08:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've made some changes to my previous modification of Lelus rooting method to work on V20 firmware.

All actions is like for old method for V10, except what must patch other .bin file from firmware. For V20B P765 CIS this is LGP765_AP[11].bin.

How to patch:

I've added busybox app from market into rooting procedure because this is important to reinstall busybox applets after rooting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lelus-idea.jpg
Views:	4017
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	1833114  
Attached Files
File Type: zip RootLelusL9-v20.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.81 MB, 3821 views)
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to AngryWolf80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AngryWolf80 Ad-Free

26th March 2013, 02:11 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Re: Rooting method for V20 (modified rooting by Lelus)
Good news. That means we can root without unlocking bootloader. Right? Can we have something similar on cmw?

Sent from my LG-P765 using xda premium
26th March 2013, 12:05 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amnik

Good news. That means we can root without unlocking bootloader. Right? Can we have something similar on cmw?

You're right. CMW only by 2ndinit. I've tried 2ndinit CWM for v10 with no success - it starts (keys flashes at boot) but hung on LG logo. Suspect this happens because v20 have new kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to AngryWolf80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AngryWolf80 Ad-Free
27th March 2013, 11:59 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 4,928

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryWolf80

I've made some changes to my previous modification of Lelus rooting method to work on V20 firmware.

All actions is like for old method for V10, except what must patch other .bin file from firmware. For V20B P765 CIS this is LGP765_AP[11].bin.

How to patch:

I've added busybox app from market into rooting procedure because this is important to reinstall busybox applets after rooting.

Good one angrywolf90 Good for those who dont want to unlock bootloader.
please make proper full-length guide
? I know all the steps. But the image is not very clear? attach GIF image inside zip file. XDA reduces image size and also reduces quality of images.

AREMCEE's "Rooting JB" method is more easy and faster, for People with already Unlocked Bootloader or who want to unlock bootloader. They dont need to edit bin and flash. just push CWM in fastboot mode and use flashable root file.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cmahendra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cmahendra Ad-Free
27th March 2013, 12:19 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmahendra

please make proper full-length guide? I know all the steps. But the image is not very clear? attach GIF image inside zip file. XDA reduces image size and also reduces quality of images.

I don't have much free time for this right now. Steps exactly same as guide for v10, except file to patch and text to change.
Image I've attached in zip.

Quote:

AREMCEE's "Rooting JB" method is more easy and faster, for People with already Unlocked Bootloader or who want to unlock bootloader. They dont need to edit bin and flash. just push CWM in fastboot mode and use flashable root file.

Surely CWM method more simpler, but not for people, who want to keep their warranty for phone. And on 4PDA.RU some peoples complain what they unable to get in fastboot mode to unlock bootloader...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Lelus-idea-patching-v20.zip - [Click for QR Code] (63.3 KB, 550 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to AngryWolf80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AngryWolf80 Ad-Free
27th March 2013, 12:43 PM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Surely CWM method more simpler, but not for people, who want to keep their warranty for phone. And on 4PDA.RU some peoples complain what they unable to get in fastboot mode to unlock bootloader...

Sorry for off-topic, but I am responding to your information.

Mostly its drivers issue. Phone is not to blame. LG USB drivers include drivers for both ADB and FASTBOOT mode.

I think for unlocking you dont need fastboot mode. Actually "adb reboot oem-unlock" this command is given in ADB mode and it starts fastboot mode, which then asks user to just press VOL+ key for unlocking. Now I dont understand why they are not able to put phone in ADB mode and not able to shoot this ADB command?

Thanks for the IMAGE, its much clear and I have made small FILE WITH FEW PERFECT EDITED LINES to paste in said BIN file with the help of any HEX EDITOR. Should be pasted in overwrite mode of cursor.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BIN-FILE-TEXT-TO-REPLACE.zip - [Click for QR Code] (233 Bytes, 519 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmahendra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cmahendra Ad-Free
27th March 2013, 10:26 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Sorry for off-topic, but I am responding to your information.
Mostly its drivers issue. Phone is not to blame. LG USB drivers include drivers for both ADB and FASTBOOT mode.

I think for unlocking you dont need fastboot mode. Actually "adb reboot oem-unlock" this command is given in ADB mode and it starts fastboot mode, which then asks user to just press VOL+ key for unlocking. Now I dont understand why they are not able to put phone in ADB mode and not able to shoot this ADB command?

It's not a drivers case. Phone is just reboot in responce to "adb reboot oem-unlock" command. No matter to which drivers installed on your system (And what if I've see such thing on my Linux machine? Which drivers you suggest to install? Phone just reboots and thats all. Sad but true.)

Quote:

Thanks for the IMAGE, its much clear and I have made small FILE WITH FEW PERFECT EDITED LINES to paste in said BIN file with the help of any HEX EDITOR. Should be pasted in overwrite mode of cursor.

With my HEX editor it can't be done like this (yes, I'm old fart who don't want to use some new cool modern tools ), your file much better if user know how to deal with it.
28th March 2013, 10:22 AM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It's not a drivers case. Phone is just reboot in responce to "adb reboot oem-unlock" command. No matter to which drivers installed on your system (And what if I've see such thing on my Linux machine? Which drivers you suggest to install? Phone just reboots and thats all. Sad but true.)

I dont know what to say but it worked for everyone here, except very few people who may be not more familiar with basic terms and are less experienced.

Quote:

With my HEX editor it can't be done like this (yes, I'm old fart who don't want to use some new cool modern tools ), your file much better if user know how to deal with it.

Few weeks back (4 mar) I made this simple and small guide to EDIT BIN file, but almost everyone overlooked.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=47

If read with patience it clearly explains how to edit (paste) bin file.

Please have a look. The link was also given in OP of same thread, but unfortunately it was forgotten by all. I think I should have made it in new thread so some of the pals might have noticed it.

Just for the support of this thread I would like to say that, this attached patch bin file and this small guide will be helpful to make your own HEX EDITED BIN FILE for rooting Jelly Bean on L9.
29th March 2013, 02:57 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
waiting for tutorial for newbie
29th March 2013, 03:04 PM |#10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Mumbai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinswong

waiting for tutorial for newbie

from whom?

@AngryWolf80

Are you making one?
29th March 2013, 08:49 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

from whom?

@AngryWolf80

Are you making one?

I don't have time for such things right now

And manual already exists for V10, changed only .bin file.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root, v20, v20b

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)