FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

GT-I9500 vs GT-I9505...Differences are huge!

535 posts
Thanks Meter: 248

By foxy4270, Senior Member on 28th March 2013, 02:29 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
According to various reviews :
The Exynos model has

Faster CPU
Faster GPU
Better battery performance
Better audio chip (Wolfson)
Better RAM (DDR3).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to foxy4270 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift foxy4270 Ad-Free

28th March 2013, 03:21 AM |#2  
Flag Brea CA
Thanks Meter: 1,223

Donate to Me
More
Re: GT-I9500 vs GT-I9505...Differences are huge!
Both have ddr3

sgh-i747(d2att)(sgs3) on latest cm10.1 or ultimatum
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to howtomen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift howtomen Ad-Free
28th March 2013, 03:32 AM |#3  
Flag London/Leeds/Toronto
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Really want to pre-order but feel as if I'm losing out by potentially getting sent the i9505 instead, even though I'm looking at 3G deals from TMob/Orange/Three.
28th March 2013, 04:23 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 427

More
I could get either one but I'm going with the SD600 because difference AREN'T huge.

1. Antutu benchmarks are close
2. Battery life is close.
3. There is LTE everywhere I live now.
4. I'll save $150 getting the SD600
5. I've never done anything with y i9300 or even SGH Captivate that pushed the GPU to submission. If you are going for GPU then mmight as well get the Tegra 4 since it will have optimized exclusive games for it.
6. Because there are dozens of more users now getting the SD600 and with Qualcomm releasing the proper source codes, development is going to BOOM on this platform.

So really, the only thing I see with the 4+4 CPU is battery life being a minor advantage of maybe a few minutes.

I think I'm going with the SD600 mostly because it's cheaper for me and LTE is everywhere in USA, CA.
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to SlimJ87D For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SlimJ87D Ad-Free
28th March 2013, 04:43 AM |#5  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 244

More
dont forget that butterfly got hardware amplifier which s4 doesnt have....
28th March 2013, 04:54 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jianlinooi

dont forget that butterfly got hardware amplifier which s4 doesnt have....

Oh really? Hmmmm.
28th March 2013, 05:37 AM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Madurai-Chennai
Thanks Meter: 7,053

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJ87D

I could get either one but I'm going with the SD600 because difference AREN'T huge.

6. Wolfson DAC and Qualcomm's DAC are on par with each other now. From another user here, Berry, I believe the SD600 is using the same DAC as the HTC Butterfly

wolfson wm5102 is found inside s4 9500 and is confirmed by supercurio which would be defenitely better than qualcom variant
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bala_gamer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bala_gamer Ad-Free
28th March 2013, 07:48 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bala_gamer

wolfson wm5102 is found inside s4 9500 and is confirmed by supercurio which would be defenitely better than qualcom variant

Thanks, I edited my post.
28th March 2013, 09:34 AM |#9  
Flag Northampton
Thanks Meter: 6,448

More
I think Samsung have purposely made both phones almost exactly the same performance wise because if the performance delta was much bigger from the snapdragon to the octa-core and 70% of the phones produced will be the snapdragon variant who would buy them??

Everyone would simply wait to try and get hold of the octa-core variant.

The question is would any of you pay a premium for the octa-core even IF it gives you nothing extra over the snapdragon version?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daleski75 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daleski75 Ad-Free
28th March 2013, 12:59 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 162

More
All the differences are very minor, like how the GS3 had the dual-core krait and the quad-core exynos and the two versions didn't differ much performance wise. You'll see slightly better benchmarks and battery on the exynos version, but that's about it. The snapdragon one will have LTE and be far more compatible with apps and games. You will also pay much more for the octa exynos one, which will be rare to find as the majority will be the snapdragon version. Samsung is gonna update the more widespread version first, which is the snapdragon one.
The Following User Says Thank You to katamari201 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift katamari201 Ad-Free
28th March 2013, 01:50 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 275

More
The Exynos variant has the same graphics chip as i(diots)Phone. Most games are developed and optimised for this chip. So I think it should be the better choice for gamers. (like me )
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harise100 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift harise100 Ad-Free
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread