FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROOT][TWRP RECOVERY] Onda V972 Quad-core | Allwinner A31

73 posts
Thanks Meter: 81

Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, Everybody!
CAUTION : I'm not responsible for any damage to your device.Use at your own risk
I want to introduce to you a Team Win Recovery Project 2.4.1.0 for Onda V972.
I think it will be usefull and for Onda V812, and V971, maybe other A31 tablets.
That TWRP works on 32 Gb version of Onda V972.

Installation TWRP Recovery on Onda V972
Before installing TWRP, you need to get root. All latest stock firmware comes with root, you need only install Superuser or SuperSU from Play Market
Download the Onda_V972_TWRP.zip from that post and extract it to any folder on your computer.
Copy all three files from your computer internal disk (ONDA_MID on you computer and /sdcard on tablet)
Install the application Terminal on the tablet and run it.
From the terminal emulator enter the following command:
Code:
su
Press Enter. Allow access to the application or SuperSU SuperUser
Code:
busybox sh /sdcard/install-recovery.sh
Press Enter. This command installs new recovery to your tablet.
Code:
busybox sh /sdcard/reboot-recovery.sh
Press Enter. This will load the device mode recovery.
You can also use the standard way of loading in recovery - While the tablet is off press Home button and holding it press the Power button untill 4 core logo appears.

If something goes wrong, you need to flash the firmware via Stock PhoenixSuit and during flashing select "YES" to the question about formatting.

It is not bug free version, there is a error: Unable to mount '/recovery' I will try to fix all bugs.
I repeat: Use it on your own risk!

Credits:

Thanks to Dees_Troy and all TWRP team for great work!
Thanks to darkrickpr from slatedroid for base TWRP
Thanks to hariprasadiit for his CWM port and his post.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Onda_V972_TWRP.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.88 MB, 7368 views)
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ankar84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ankar84 Ad-Free

28th March 2013, 01:36 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Re: [ROOT][TWRP RECOVERY] Onda V972 Quad-core | Allwinner A31
Thanks, i love you
Its gréât

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9100 avec Tapatalk
28th March 2013, 05:30 PM |#3  
Flag Kharkov
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankar84

Hello, Everybody!
CAUTION : I'm not responsible for any damage to your device.Use at your own risk
I want to introduce to you a Team Win Recovery Project 2.4.1.0 for Onda V972.
I think it will be usefull and for Onda V812, and V971, maybe other A31 tablets.
That TWRP works on 32 Gb version of Onda V972.

Installation TWRP Recovery on Onda V972
Before installing TWRP, you need to get root. All latest stock firmware comes with root, you need only install Superuser or SuperSU from Play Market
Download the Onda_V972_TWRP.zip from that post and extract it to any folder on your computer.
Copy all three files from your computer internal disk (ONDA_MID on you computer and /sdcard on tablet)
Install the application Terminal on the tablet and run it.
From the terminal emulator enter the following command:

Code:
su
Press Enter. Allow access to the application or SuperSU SuperUser
Code:
busybox sh /sdcard/install-recovery.sh
Press Enter. This command installs new recovery to your tablet.
Code:
busybox sh /sdcard/reboot-recovery.sh
Press Enter. This will load the device mode recovery.
You can also use the standard way of loading in recovery - While the tablet is off press Home button and holding it press the Power button untill 4 core logo appears.

If something goes wrong, you need to flash the firmware via Stock PhoenixSuit and during flashing select "YES" to the question about formatting.

It is not bug free version, there is a error: Unable to mount '/recovery' I will try to fix all bugs.
I repeat: Use it on your own risk!

Credits:

Thanks to Dees_Troy and all TWRP team for great work!
Thanks to darkrickpr from slatedroid for base TWRP
Thanks to hariprasadiit for his CWM port and his post.

Thanks!!
Tried and installed! However it boots into the device recovery....no TWRP!! ..........did I commit an error??
The Following User Says Thank You to aryanitinkumar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aryanitinkumar Ad-Free
29th March 2013, 04:33 AM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Novosibirsk

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aryanitinkumar

Thanks!!
Tried and installed! However it boots into the device recovery....no TWRP!! ..........did I commit an error??

Probably yes, a mistake was made.
If you load the default recovery, the installation on TWRP was not successful.
Did you get done after command busybox sh install-recovery.sh?
Do you got root?
Please, do screenshots of installation process and post them here.
29th March 2013, 08:32 AM |#5  
Flag Kharkov

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Probably yes, a mistake was made.
If you load the default recovery, the installation on TWRP was not successful.
Did you get done after command busybox sh install-recovery.sh?
Do you got root?
Please, do screenshots of installation process and post them here.

Thanks......it worked! However, I m not able to make a back up on ext card.......any clues??
Thanks a million ................works great!!!
29th March 2013, 10:21 AM |#6  
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 528

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for your Recovery, it´s great ¡¡¡
But don´t mount the external sdcard, and for the developers is very much important.
Can you review this, please?
Sorry for my english
Greetings from Spain
The Following User Says Thank You to STEVE_MARS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift STEVE_MARS Ad-Free
29th March 2013, 11:55 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Very thanks for you work

Bye.
29th March 2013, 12:37 PM |#8  
Flag Valencia

Donate to Me
More
Hi again.
After various checks, really mount internal memory like external.
Where say "using internal memory" show the contents of external SD.
not if I explain well...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to STEVE_MARS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift STEVE_MARS Ad-Free
31st March 2013, 04:35 PM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Novosibirsk

More
Thumbs up TWRP_Onda_v972_ver02
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE_MARS

Hi again.
After various checks, really mount internal memory like external.
Where say "using internal memory" show the contents of external SD.
not if I explain well...

Hi, Steve!
I take this opportunity to thank you for the excellent work SuperNova!
As regards that TWRP, I told, that it`s like an alpha version with a lot of bugs, and not everything working propertly. I just tested installing custom rom (SuperNova 3.1 and Iberica v.2) and it`s worked. And on my forum I asked people who have 32 Gb version of tablet if they can to install custom on their tablet, and they confirmed, that it`s work pretty good.
Just want to clarify a bit more on that as is currently working of that alpha version of TWRP.
When you boot into TWRP without external microSD card your internal memory (/sdcard on tablet and ONDA_MID on computer) will be Internal Storage in Mount menu of TWRP
When you boot into TWRP with external microSD card it will mount like a Internal Storage again, and there is no tablet real /sdcard mounted.
I also would like to note that in the Mount menu, item Mount SDCard will not work! Never! Now we are working on fix that problem.
But now, I made a new version, lets call it TWRP_Onda_v972_ver02 and it can mount both ext-sd and internal memory. But ext-sd you need to mount manualy, and we are working on that too.
In new version:
Internal Storage is a internal tablet memory (/sdcard on tablet and ONDA_MID on computer) Mounts at /sdcard
SD-Ext is a External microSD card, don`t forget to mount it manualy. Mounts at /sd-ext
Attached Files
File Type: zip TWRP_Onda_v972_ver02.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.88 MB, 707 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ankar84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ankar84 Ad-Free
1st April 2013, 09:02 AM |#10  
Flag Valencia

Donate to Me
More
Many thanks, my friend.
Now I can do the next Supernova wirh Aroma Installer .
Greetings.
The Following User Says Thank You to STEVE_MARS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift STEVE_MARS Ad-Free
1st April 2013, 11:02 AM |#11  
Flag Kharkov

More
Quote:

Hi, Steve!
I take this opportunity to thank you for the excellent work SuperNova!
As regards that TWRP, I told, that it`s like an alpha version with a lot of bugs, and not everything working propertly. I just tested installing custom rom (SuperNova 3.1 and Iberica v.2) and it`s worked. And on my forum I asked people who have 32 Gb version of tablet if they can to install custom on their tablet, and they confirmed, that it`s work pretty good.
Just want to clarify a bit more on that as is currently working of that alpha version of TWRP.
When you boot into TWRP without external microSD card your internal memory (/sdcard on tablet and ONDA_MID on computer) will be Internal Storage in Mount menu of TWRP
When you boot into TWRP with external microSD card it will mount like a Internal Storage again, and there is no tablet real /sdcard mounted.
I also would like to note that in the Mount menu, item Mount SDCard will not work! Never! Now we are working on fix that problem.
But now, I made a new version, lets call it TWRP_Onda_v972_ver02 and it can mount both ext-sd and internal memory. But ext-sd you need to mount manualy, and we are working on that too.
In new version:
Internal Storage is a internal tablet memory (/sdcard on tablet and ONDA_MID on computer) Mounts at /sdcard
SD-Ext is a External microSD card, don`t forget to mount it manualy. Mounts at /sd-ext

Thanks ankar84! It really had been so helpful and I had been able to install both SN & Iberica successfully . Can you please guide how to update the new recovery on the earlier one. Will the new recovery overwrite the earlier one by simple installation?
Thanks in advance!!

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Thanks ankar84! It really had been so helpful and I had been able to install both SN & Iberica successfully . Can you please guide how to update the new recovery on the earlier one. Will the new recovery overwrite the earlier one by simple installation?
Thanks in advance!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)