FORUMS

(MOD) (Touchwiz JB) Samsung Galaxy S4 statusbar

823 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,101

By galaxynote2, Senior Member on 29th March 2013, 04:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
NOTICE: Well, its hard, this was my first mod, zai89 did this mod in a flasheable zip, dont need to use the Tweakbox or something. You can get it from here:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2220238 . So because this, i will not suport this anymore, sorry! And thanks for everything!

¡Hi everyone!
I've managed to make the S4 statusbar theme by modding some systemui.apk resources.
I dont know how to make a flasheable ZIP, so i will upload the apk, just replace it on ROOT/SYSTEM/APP (Or ROOT/PRELOAD/SYMLINK) and set file permissions (If required), then reboot! Systemui.apk is attached!

How to make it transparent:
First, install Xposed Framework from here.
Install the apk and then tap on "Install/Update", grant root access:

Reboot.
Now, download Tweakbox from here and install.

Go to Xposed Installer, tap on "Modules" and enable Tweakbox. Reboot again.
When it finish boot, tap on Tweakbox app, tap on Statusbar:

Set background color to fully alpha, and clock color to white, go back and reboot!

Note, if you get a black statusbar after reboot, just pull down the notification bar and whoala! it cames transparent.

Time for some screenshots!
Fits with every wallpaper:

It's black when you enter an app, no more ugly white under white icons.

Tested on XXLSZ, ZSLM5 and JPLSF (thanks to Warnahly for testing) and working fine. I've compared some SystemUI from diferent builds and no noticeable changes so i guess this mod its universal for every JB Rom (NOT LEAKS!)

Features:
-S4 White Icons
-Transparent statusbar on Touchwiz, black statusbar on apps
-Prevent screen burn-in: As we know, the Super Amoled screen is like very early LCD TVs (Or plasmas), when an image is persistent for a lot of time on the screen, it will burn in (Temporary or Permanently), showing a shadow of the image. Samsung changed the black statusbar from ICS to gray in Jelly Bean, to reduce this phenom, but it still there. With the transparent statusbar, it shows the wallpaper instead of a black, persistent statusbar, so this phenom will disapear!
-H+ icon changed to 4G: Some countries recognizes the HSPA+ connection as 4G (NOT LTE), so, ive changed this icon. (I will add later other Systemui without 4G icon)

I know Tweakbox did almost all the job, all credits go to Xposed Framework and TweakBox developers. I've just edited the SystemUI to get the S4 icons...
Known Bug
Tweakbox: Statusbar shows behind the Touchwiz wallpaper when the device its locked. I dont know how to fix it, because its a bug from Tweakbox app, ask to the developer if he can fix it. Temporary fix: Get a third party lockscreen like WidgetLocker

Sorry my bad english!
Attached Files
File Type: apk SystemUI.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.24 MB, 5863 views)
File Type: apk HSPASystemUI.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.24 MB, 3006 views)
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to galaxynote2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift galaxynote2 Ad-Free
29th March 2013, 04:49 PM |#2  
Flag amman
Thanks Meter: 872

More
Re: (MOD) Samsung Galaxy S4 statusbar (XXLSZ)
Really appreciate your hard effort in this
Mind if i include your system UI Mod in my thread ??

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

MOD EDIT: Please do not quote the whole OP.
The Following User Says Thank You to Warnahly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Warnahly Ad-Free
29th March 2013, 04:55 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Buenos Aires - Argentina

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warnahly

Really appreciate your hard effort in this
Mind if i include your system UI Mod in my thread ??

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Sure! No problem!
29th March 2013, 05:47 PM |#4  
Flag Mandaluyong
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Will it work for LSF?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
29th March 2013, 06:19 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Labo

Will it work for LSF?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

I guess it work, but please make a backup before. If it doesnt work, please send me your UBLSF Systemui.apk
29th March 2013, 06:57 PM |#6  
Flag ngp
Thanks Meter: 168

More
Thumbs up Won't this work with the parsa theme ?
M really missing that theme dude !! Can u plz Modify SystemUi of parsa theme ? It ll be great
29th March 2013, 07:22 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Nerd

M really missing that theme dude !! Can u plz Modify SystemUi of parsa theme ? It ll be great

Sure it works.. If you want the transparent statusbar of S4, replace the SystemUI attached and follow the instrucctions in the OP. If you want only the transparent bar (without changing the Parsa icons) , Just use tweakbox without the systemUI attached
29th March 2013, 08:23 PM |#8  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 244

More
Have you manually done any mod to the sysremui.. Or you just used the xposed framework and tweakbox to make the statusbar transparent?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
29th March 2013, 10:26 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Hello @ all,

i've followed the instructions but i missed the first part to place the SystemUi.apk in the right directory. So i did the instruction with Xposed installer and everything worked fine. Should i move the SystemUi now after all changes?
29th March 2013, 10:47 PM |#10  
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 244

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobile-freak

Hello @ all,

i've followed the instructions but i missed the first part to place the SystemUi.apk in the right directory. So i did the instruction with Xposed installer and everything worked fine. Should i move the SystemUi now after all changes?

If it's working then why you want to replace the systemui.apk? Ok now i got it the op didn't done anything it's only the xposed framework and tweakbox that did the job.. Well i have tried that weeks ago

The Following User Says Thank You to abhinav quietly brilliant For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abhinav quietly brilliant Ad-Free
29th March 2013, 10:57 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav quietly brilliant

If it's working then why you want to replace the systemui.apk? Ok now i got it the op didn't done anything it's only the xposed framework and tweakbox that did the job.. Well i have tried that weeks ago

Samsung Galaxy S4's statusbar has WHITE ICONS, instead of grey. That's why you need the modified systemui, because i've edited the Signal bars, Wifi, Bluetooth and 3g/4g icons to the white s4 theme. I know Tweakbox did almost everything, but without the systemui, the result will not be the same as S4.
All credits go to the Xposed Framework and Tweakbox authors.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)