G sensor not working

40 posts
Thanks Meter: 47

By abhinn124, Member on 1st April 2013, 12:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Please help...g sensor on my One X is not working....
I have tried calibrating G sensor in safe mode, rebooting, factory reset, reverting back to stock but nothing seems to be working.
5th April 2013, 12:33 PM |#2  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 5

More
You seem to have one of the HOXs with the Invensense sensors inside, controlled by a Invensense MPU 3050 chip. Newer HOXs use Panasonic sensors if I'm not mistaken.
You won't like this, but there's really nothing you can do. It's not exactly a hardware defect, it's caused by a race condition. Apparently the MPU 3050 has this funny little quirk where it keeps some electronic charge even when the device is powered off, and when it powers back on too quickly the chip doesn't properly initialize, causing the sensors to be present for the system (you can check this with Elixir, it's free on the market, it will show all your sensors) but non functioning.
The only "solution" I found to this was in a forum for Acer A500 owners (same MPU in those things). Switch off all orientation control and whatnot, like auto-rotate etc, then turn your phone off entirely and let it sit for at least 5 minutes, maybe 10 just to make sure. This is more of a hit and miss approach, but definitely worth a shot.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AcoQ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AcoQ Ad-Free
8th April 2013, 04:42 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
I have the same problem. Tried flashing diffrent kernels and roms, reverted to stock with nandroid backup and with ruu files. Rebooting in safe mode, calibrating. Nothing helps. It seems the only solution is like AcoQ said, turn off hox and turn it on after few minutes. I do not have warranty any more so no replacement from HTC... It happend to me yesterday after flashing new rom and kernel. Now after restart sonsors are dead, another restart and all of them work, restart - dead, restart - work and so on
The Following User Says Thank You to rafu997 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rafu997 Ad-Free
13th April 2013, 11:08 AM |#4  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Don't use any power saving app. Even the power save mode in stock rom. Delete all the power saving apps and cache files from app settings. and restart. Hope start works!
The Following User Says Thank You to Anish Shah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Anish Shah Ad-Free
18th April 2013, 07:58 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
I also had problems with g sensor. Nothing seemed to work. Reverted to stock. Then tried this solution I found.

Reboot the phone with power + volume up. Hold them.
Let it reboot three times (the solution showed one time, but it only worked for me after a couple).
Now release the power button and hold the volume up during the whole boot sequence.

I don't know what the exact physics is behind it, but it should reset some things. This was the only solution which helped, and actually worked for me after trying all the other things
Good luck

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Guids For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Guids Ad-Free
10th June 2013, 04:22 PM |#6  
even m suffering from same prob
my auto rotate stops working all of a sudden
i was on arhd 21
please help tried reflashing RUU but no help
25th August 2013, 09:17 AM |#7  
Flag Milpitas
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Now with Sense 5 ROMs,Camera force closes for devices which are having this sensor issue. Seems camera drivers needs gyroscope to work properly.
Will roll back to CM10.2 nightlies. Atleast the problem isn't noticeble in AOSP ROMs.
14th September 2013, 07:17 PM |#8  
Flag Merida
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy
I have the same problem and I am using ARHD 32.2 please help!!
14th September 2013, 07:31 PM |#9  
Flag amman
Thanks Meter: 216

More
Try This
Try My Tutorial here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2420209 hope it work fine for you
22nd September 2013, 07:38 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 126

More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guids

I also had problems with g sensor. Nothing seemed to work. Reverted to stock. Then tried this solution I found.

Reboot the phone with power + volume up. Hold them.
Let it reboot three times (the solution showed one time, but it only worked for me after a couple).
Now release the power button and hold the volume up during the whole boot sequence.

I don't know what the exact physics is behind it, but it should reset some things. This was the only solution which helped, and actually worked for me after trying all the other things
Good luck

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

doesn't work
20th May 2014, 09:29 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
and andrepa
Just do what ( AcoQ ) told you and no fear,it will work like a charm!
It worked for me all right!

Big thx to ( AcoQ ) and the rest of you guys,you made my life brighter today
My HOX is up and running like new again

yeeey hehehe

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

try this by: ( AcoQ )

You seem to have one of the HOXs with the Invensense sensors inside, controlled by a Invensense MPU 3050 chip. Newer HOXs use Panasonic sensors if I'm not mistaken.
You won't like this, but there's really nothing you can do. It's not exactly a hardware defect, it's caused by a race condition. Apparently the MPU 3050 has this funny little quirk where it keeps some electronic charge even when the device is powered off, and when it powers back on too quickly the chip doesn't properly initialize, causing the sensors to be present for the system (you can check this with Elixir, it's free on the market, it will show all your sensors) but non functioning.
The only "solution" I found to this was in a forum for Acer A500 owners (same MPU in those things). Switch off all orientation control and whatnot, like auto-rotate etc, then turn your phone off entirely and let it sit for at least 5 minutes, maybe 10 just to make sure. This is more of a hit and miss approach, but definitely worth a shot.

It worked for my HTC One X in a moment,and it works perfectly even after you powerdown device

Solution is the best i found in this 5 days of horror with my HTC One X camera and sensors not working!
Now it works all perfect!!
The Following User Says Thank You to thrustmaster81 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift thrustmaster81 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
question

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)