[Q] Jelly Bean causes my router to reboot...

31 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By merlot2k1, Member on 2nd April 2013, 02:07 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've tried a few different versions of CyanogenMod 10, included the latest SD card img from succulent and it reboots my DLINK DIR-655. This is really odd as it's the only device to do this. When I run the stock B&N software (1.4.3) it works fine (also CyanogenMod 7 worked fine too). This is extremely annoying and means I can not use Jelly Bean on my Nook until I find a solution to this problem. Any suggestions? Thanks!
2nd April 2013, 05:06 AM |#2  
Flag Florence, AZ
Thanks Meter: 209

More
Re: [Q] Jelly Bean causes my router to reboot...
There is no reason I can think of that would cause your router to reboot simply by running a jb rom...

Do you have logging enabled on the router to see why it's rebooting? I've never had any issues with my Netgear router running jb. Both my NT and Skyrocket are running 4.2.2 with no adverse effects.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
17th May 2013, 04:08 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlot2k1

I've tried a few different versions of CyanogenMod 10, included the latest SD card img from succulent and it reboots my DLINK DIR-655. This is really odd as it's the only device to do this. When I run the stock B&N software (1.4.3) it works fine (also CyanogenMod 7 worked fine too). This is extremely annoying and means I can not use Jelly Bean on my Nook until I find a solution to this problem. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I'm having the exact same problem with the same router (DIR-655 HW:A4 FW:1.35NA).

So far the only remote luck I've had is change WPA2 Encryption to TKIP, instead of TKIP/AES. Forcing it to TKIP seems to have fixed the problem, but I've only tested it for about 15 min so far.

Strange thing is, when I first loaded CM10.1 onto my Nook Tablet, I didn't have any router reboots for quite some time, like about an hour... then the rebooting started happening.

Anyway, let me know if forcing TKIP works for you.
17th May 2013, 05:49 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag South Jersey
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdp1

I'm having the exact same problem with the same router (DIR-655 HW:A4 FW:1.35NA).

So far the only remote luck I've had is change WPA2 Encryption to TKIP, instead of TKIP/AES. Forcing it to TKIP seems to have fixed the problem, but I've only tested it for about 15 min so far.

Strange thing is, when I first loaded CM10.1 onto my Nook Tablet, I didn't have any router reboots for quite some time, like about an hour... then the rebooting started happening.

Anyway, let me know if forcing TKIP works for you.

Thanks for the info. However, I actually think the problem is the router itself. It's either going bad or overheating since it's in a cabinet under the TV. It's now starting to reboot when my laptop (Lenovo T-510) wakes up. This never happened. I'm going to move it to a cooler location and see what happens, or I'm just going to bite the bullet and purchase new router soon.

Still, I'd like to know how your experiment works out.
18th May 2013, 04:14 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlot2k1

Thanks for the info. However, I actually think the problem is the router itself. It's either going bad or overheating since it's in a cabinet under the TV. It's now starting to reboot when my laptop (Lenovo T-510) wakes up. This never happened. I'm going to move it to a cooler location and see what happens, or I'm just going to bite the bullet and purchase new router soon.

Still, I'd like to know how your experiment works out.

So it looks like TKIP stopped my router from rebooting, but I soon realized not all my devices supported TKIP, a couple were AES only. My final solution was to create a guest network that was TKIP and the main network as AES. Now I use the guest network for my Nook and everything else in the house uses the main network. Everything has been up and running for a couple hours now without any router reboots.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
jelly bean, router reboot

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)