FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

XDA II. If you were buying one today...

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Ruffles, Junior Member on 5th January 2004, 07:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Which version should I get? I live in the USA in WA and currently have T-Mobile service.

1. T-Mobile MDA II. Since this is from T-Mobile, will it have an optimized radio stack and better performance? I'm concerned about the German ROM. I found the thread that talks about how to convert it but will changing it prevent me from installing future rom updates as they usually check the previous version?

2. i-Mate. I believe the rom is in English on this one and there is already an updated ROM released. I'm concerned about perfomance if I don't have a T-Mobile branded device.

3. O2 XDA II. Same concerns as #2.

Please help me make a decision. I'm ready to buy.

Thanks!

5th January 2004, 07:52 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
MDA from Tmobile Germany, this one would have to be flashed with an English Rom. (some places are doing it. - question to ask does it have English manuals or German ones) You would void any warranty and you are stuck for any upgrades. I personally would not buy a GERMAN ROM.

Imate - Great deivce, English original ROM. I have one, works well, official updates, worldwide warranty. Great tech support.

XDAII - O2 you might have to unlock it but with the new tool no problems. I would have no problems buying one.

I do not think you will have any performace issues. Just slight changes in add on software for each device.

Personally I would go for a Imate or XDAII. I would not spend all that money on a hacked MDA.
5th January 2004, 07:58 PM |#3  
Retired Administrator
Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 54

More
It's all the same device, just different brand labels. This is likely to be even more true for the XDAII than for the the XDA.
5th January 2004, 08:05 PM |#4  
Retired Administrator
Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Don't worry too much about different radio versions being optimized for different providers: my guess is we'll see one unified radio software to fit all. It's all the same device, just different brand labels. This is likely to be even more true for the XDAII than for the the XDA.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)