This is a little Tutorial about changing app icons permanently. There was a lot of applications available in Playstore like
“ icon changer free” etc etc to change the app icons. But the problem is that u cant use that changed apps in ur app drawer. U can only use that in ur home screen as a shortcut.
So I just decided to put a little tutorial to do that easily. I know everybody will know this already. But it will help for someone I am sure….
@dewanshu93 For Some Cool Tips
@Why So Serious? For The Icons
TOOLS YOU NEEDED
- One PC
- 7 zip
- Some good icons
- Little Creative Mind
Edit:- If u need some cool Galaxy S4 icons means go here: - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2216289 Please give thanks for his work..
(2) Put the apps u want to change the icons to a Folder in ur PC. For example SemcAlbum, Phonebook, Browser etc
(3) Here I am taking the Phonebook app for Example..
(4) Right Click the Phonebook apk -> Open With -> 7zip File Manager. Then U will get a box contained some files like this
(5) Then double click on the res folder and u get another box like this
(6) Find the folder named “ drawable-xhdpi “ and open it. U will get This
(7) And most important thing is u need to find the original icon and its name of the phonebook.apk or whatever apk u take …
(8) For that an easy way is create a new folder in ur PC’s Desktop and select all the images from the box ( Image 3 ) then drag it to the that new folder in the desktop.
(9)Then open that folder then search for original the apk icon. like this
(10) In my case the name of the Phonebook.apk’s icon is “ic_launcher_contacts “. So just note down the icon name and then open the folder that contains the icons that u downloaded. Like this
(11) And choose which icon u need and select it. Then rename it to the exact name of the original apk icon. ( For example ic_launcher_contacts )
(12) After that just drag that renamed icon to res/drawable-xhdpi. It will ask for overright. Press Ok or Yes. That’s it. Copy the apk to ur phone and move it to the System/app with correct permission…
Check this Attached Images for your reference .
U can do it with almost all the apks. But I cant guarantee that it will work with all apks. Some System apks did not worked for me…
And also u can take icos from other apks too..
Press The Thanks Button If You Like This