By Moscow Desire, Retired Senior Moderator on 3rd April 2013, 07:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Evil Alex Purgatory for the Iconia A701/700 Version 2
The Audio Edition

And "Cooked Right In"....

Absolutely Amazing Audio!

And Also "Cooked Right In"....

“Don’t Hurt ‘Em Zep”

NOTICE: This rom is not to be redistributed without permission. Nor can it be used as a base without permission. Usage on other sites should be linked to this post.

NOTICE: Current Version 1 users can probably just do a "Dirty Flash" (only wipe cache and dalvak cache)

First Off, Credits to: (in no particular order)

* Diamondback - Virtual Ten Studio
* Zepplinrox - V6 Supercharger
* Zhuhang - Viper Custom IRS files
* Viper520 - ViPER4Android
* Meier2009 - Aroma Base
* For advice: Vorbeth, Civato, Eagleeyetom, Zeroinfinity

Requirements

• Unlocked JB Bootloader (if you don’t know your bootloader, then don’t install the ROM)
• Newest CWM for the A700 or A701 6.0.1.5 (note: Have not tested on A700 CWM 6.0.1.5)

A701 CWM Recovery is attached at the bottom of this thread. Fastboot Flash

Notice: I am not responsible for;

• Bricking your tablet
• Lost or missing data
• Certain Games not playing
• TB backups not working
• Global or Thermonuclear War
• Neighbors dogs barking
• Other issues due to “User Error”

About the ROM

Based on Acer_AV051_A701_1.027.00_WW_GEN1 Jelly Bean

De-odexed (retaining original Acer signing)
Zip Aligned (auto zip align on 9th boot)
Unsecure Boot.img
BusyBox Pre-installed
Init.d Support
Pre-rooted with FULL System RW
Audio Volume increase (headphones)
30 Step Volume control
Carbon Theming (quick Settings and Settings)
Multiple Launcher Installs (via Aroma)
Faster GPS Fix
ViPER4Android Media Effects
Custom IRS Audio Files
Choice of 3 Acer Rings
V6 Supercharger by Zepplinrox
* Die Hard Launcher
* 3G Turbocharged
* Some other stuff you won’t understand, but Zep says it’s “Good Stuff”
5 Way Boot Menu
100% Battery Mod
Custom Soft-Nav icons
Aroma Installer
Bloat Removed (Options to install some back)

Kernel Source

* Notice on V6 Supercharger

1. DO NOT ask me for support on these features. All information on these mod’s can be found on the V6 Supercharger Thread
2. If you experience FC’s while playing games, you can remove the Supercharger script from /system/etc/init.d and reboot the tablet.

Notice on ViPER4Android

1. Support and how to operate and Configure ViPER4Android can be found at;
ViPER4Android XDA Thread

2. Zhuhang has allowed me to include sample IRS files in the build (Creative Zen). More custom IRS files, both free and donate versions, can be found at the Main Index Thread

3. Make sure you select the correct audio effects either via your audio player, or in Settings/Sound/Music Effects.

BUG Reporting

All issues with the ROM (error messages, app force close, etc) should be posted AND with a LOGCAT attachment when the error happened. All issues without a LOGCAT will be ignored. If you do not know how to do a logcat, then;

A. Google It
B. You don’t need to install Roms

The only exception is with install errors. In this case, please attach the Aroma Error Log.

I don’t do Technical support for Games

I have a few for testing only. If your game doesn’t operate, I, nor anybody else, is going to buy the game just to check the issue. Most issues happen because users wish to save their current game data from a previous OS. There are some games, that are just “buggy”. Don't go side-loading your ICS Based Games. Just asking for issues.

Titanium Backup

I don’t do Technical support for it. Issues arise when trying to use back-ups from a previous version OS or ROM. Be prepared to install things fresh.

Installation Instructions;

Current Version 1 users can probably just do a "Dirty Flash" (only wipe cache and dalvak cache)

A. MAKE A CWM BACKUP of your current system. If you fail to do this, and something goes wrong, don’t come crying to me. It’s also a good idea to back up your files (documents, photos, etc).
B. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
C. Format System
D. Wipe Dalvik Cache
E. Install rom from external SD Card

Notice. It has been noticed that CWM sometimes doesn’t clean all data from the previous OS. You may for example see your Wifi already connected during the Setup. I’ve had this happen twice, but it shouldn’t affect the install. Aroma has an option to do another data wipe during install. This is a CWM issue.

Known Issues with Aroma Installer.
If you do not want the Acer Ring, then do not do any of the options concerning it. It won't install then.

If you DO want the ring, be sure to select only one.

DOWNLOAD EVIL ALEX PURGATORY Version 2

A Notice about ALL custom work.

A lot of work goes into these things, and a lot of time. A lot of flashings to test installs, mods, etc. We actually risk bricking our devices (yes I have). We do it, so it doesn’t happen to YOU (hopefully). We don’t DEMAND Donations like “some” people do. The work is FREE of cost . If you're in Moscow, buy me a beer
and chat!
Enjoy!

Moscow Desire
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_20130819_1821.jpg
Views:	1533
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	2199318   Click image for larger version

Name:	bonesring.jpg
Views:	1540
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	2199333   Click image for larger version

Name:	bootoptions.jpg
Views:	1392
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	2199334   Click image for larger version

Name:	quicksettings.jpg
Views:	1305
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	2199429  
Attached Files
File Type: rar recovery_A701_6015.rar - [Click for QR Code] (5.43 MB, 1344 views)
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Moscow Desire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Moscow Desire Ad-Free
3rd April 2013, 07:57 PM |#2  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Somewhere in a Deep Cave on the Troll Kings Throne
Thanks Meter: 6,971

Donate to Me
More
Change Log
Code:
20/08/2013  EA Purgatory Version 2

Added 30 step volume control
Added Headphone Volume Increase
Added ViPER4Android Audio Effects
Included Custom IRS Files to install to SDCard
Updated GPS Faster Fix from separate Install
Themed Framework-res
Themed Quicksettings in SystemUI
Fixed Weather/Clock Widget Install/Delete issue (Aroma)
Added multiple Launchers to Aroma (Aroma)
Added 2 Custom Acer Rings

-------------------------------------------
02/04/2013 Initial Release Ver 1

Beta EA Purgatory
Added  5 way reboot (android.policy.jar)
Cooked V6 Supercharger (services.jar)
Battery % Circles Added (systemUI)
Changed soft Nav icons
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Moscow Desire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Moscow Desire Ad-Free
3rd April 2013, 07:58 PM |#3  

Donate to Me
More
Evil Alex Mods (coming soon)
UPDATE:
Ring and stock System & Frameworks coming soon.

Current Version 2 users do not need the GPS Fix.

10/05/2013
New Boot Image.

Iconia GPS is not so good. Takes forever to get sat acquisitions, especially from a cold start. The GPS update will force a new lto.dat (long term orbit) update every 5 days.This should enable the GPS to get faster locks, especially from cold starts.

Credits to: waydownsouth, civato, and the rest of us who worked on this for the A500/A501. CWM Update modified for the A701.

Update is attached to this post. Flash via CWM 6.0.1.5

Iconia-701-GPS-update.zip
************************************************** *********************************
Optional Update
Stock SystemUI Nav/Ring icons
Still retains circular battery mod

Flash thru CWM

Stock-SystemUI-Updater.zip
************************************************** *********************************
Attached Files
File Type: zip Iconia-701-GPS-update.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.39 MB, 411 views)
File Type: zip Stock-SystemUI-Updater.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.03 MB, 387 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Moscow Desire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Moscow Desire Ad-Free
3rd April 2013, 09:39 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 884

More
Nice work!
A700's supported?
If so I'm ready to install!
Can confirm it boots up just fine on an a700.
Nice work so far its working very nicely!
4th April 2013, 05:02 AM |#5  
Flag Irkutsk
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Did you solve the JB touchscreen problem? I mean the problem with touchscreen's stuck/
4th April 2013, 05:30 AM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by papacarla

Did you solve the JB touchscreen problem? I mean the problem with touchscreen's stuck/

If you're referring to the occasional "dead spot", that's an Acer driver issue (or weak digitizer) and Acer AFAIK doesn't release driver source. Seems it affect all 700/701. That latest update for this build seems to have made it better after setting sensitivity to High.

The biggest issue I have seen, is running powerpoint while connected to HDMI. Whether it's Acer, or the apps, I've relegated myself to using a cordless mouse when showing in this method. Just a small workaround.

I'm still messing around with "animation xml's" so maybe might stumble across something.
The Following User Says Thank You to Moscow Desire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Moscow Desire Ad-Free
4th April 2013, 10:27 AM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
Just another little thing I've noticed.

1. Acer want's to update the weather widgets. I would advise against this, as it seems the new version has issues updating from accuweather. Acer has pushed 2 updates this week, but hasn't fixed it. (Must be taking lessons from Facebook )

2. Noticed degrading in the default wallpaper image. Seems framework-res may not like it for some reason. Just change wallpapers.

MD
5th April 2013, 12:32 PM |#8  
Flag Yogyakarta
Thanks Meter: 58

More
New problem here... its strange... now i have no driver a701 when try to install recovery... but after reboot i have new recovery 6.0.1.5 the problem its stopped itself when no device found (its because no driver) any help to install the driver...?
(Run Win7 x32 and driver has been installed from acer website)
5th April 2013, 12:54 PM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by indhimaga

New problem here... its strange... now i have no driver a701 when try to install recovery... but after reboot i have new recovery 6.0.1.5 the problem its stopped itself when no device found (its because no driver) any help to install the driver...?
(Run Win7 x32 and driver has been installed from acer website)

Sounds like a PC issue Mate. ADB and fastboot don't have the capability to delete your PC Drivers. I would check your Windows Device manager and re-select the drivers manually with the tab plugged in.

I sometimes lose a driver connection when I switch between several devices (HTC-Acer-HTC). Pretty common.

But then again, I use Google's USB drivers.

MD
5th April 2013, 01:13 PM |#10  
Flag Yogyakarta
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscow Desire

Sounds like a PC issue Mate. ADB and fastboot don't have the capability to delete your PC Drivers. I would check your Windows Device manager and re-select the drivers manually with the tab plugged in.

I sometimes lose a driver connection when I switch between several devices (HTC-Acer-HTC). Pretty common.

But then again, I use Google's USB drivers.

MD

where i get the driver.inf to manually install it... the driver from acer website its msi and exe file? i manually forced installing the google USB driver from sdk folder and choose the bootloader driver in it... try to install recovery again and its close it self without any prompt and than the device auto restart. am i right?
5th April 2013, 04:09 PM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by indhimaga

where i get the driver.inf to manually install it... the driver from acer website its msi and exe file? i manually forced installing the google USB driver from sdk folder and choose the bootloader driver in it... try to install recovery again and its close it self without any prompt and than the device auto restart. am i right?

Ok,, a short list of commands

ADB Reboot Bootloader (tab should boot to the unlocked bootloader and ACER logo
ADB Reboot Recovery (tab should boot to the recovery image)
ADB Reboot (tab should reboot to the OS)

Fastboot flash recovery xxxxxxxxxrecovery.img (fastboot should install a recovery image)
Fastboot flash boot xxxxxxxxxboot.img (fastboot should flash a new boot image)
Fastboot boot xxxxxxxxxxrecovery.img (fastboot will boot a recovery image, but not install it)
Fastboot boot xxxxxxxxboot.img (fastboot should boot a boot.img but not install)

Look, do this,. I think you are trying to install the 701 recovery, the wrong way.

You downloaded a root package. Correct? Then copy the new recovery (unzipped) into the same folder as the root package. You can replace the recovery image that is there.
Open a windows command window in that folder
Connect your tab, USB Debugging turned on in system settings
Type;
adb devices (hit ENTER)
should see some daemon server stuff, the device and a bunch of numbers.

then

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Should see some text and finished.
Unplug tablet
Reboot

MD
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)