FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

{{NEW}} One Click Root [4.1.B.0.587/.431/ 4.0.2.A.0.62] All 2011 Xperias

180 posts
Thanks Meter: 738

By Nabeel., Senior Member on 3rd April 2013, 10:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi folks
Here is how to root any 2011 Xperia running any of the 4.1.B.0.587 4.1.B.0.431 / 4.1.A.0.562 and 4.0.2.A.0.62 firmware . No need to downgrade kernels or anything, just root it straight away

Rooting

Go to settings > Security > Mark "Unknown sources"
Settings > Developer options > Mark USB debugging
Settings > Xperia > connectivity > USB connection mode > select MSC mode
PC Companion installed on your PC.

1) Connect your phone to PC ( IMPORTANT > Skip PC Companion installation pop up on your phone.) and wait for the adb drivers to be installed. If these drivers don't get installed, phone would not be detected by Eroot.
Make sure nothing else ( specially flashtool ) is running on your PC in the background.

2) Download this rooting toolkit. Google Drive /// MediaFire /// 4-Shared and run it. If any downloading starts, cancel it by clicking the green button. Don't let the eroot download anything.
It should now detect your phone and show an option to "-root". Just click on it, wait till it finishes
3)Rooting done ( For confirmation see if any Super User app has been installed )
4) If by chance it fails for the first time, give it another go. it won't harm your phone in any way. If you still face problem, click on show content below

Go to your C:/ Drive / User/Username/AppData/Roaming/ folder and delete the eRoot folder.
If it says cannot be deleted then open up task manager on your PC and kill bec.exe . Then delete eroot folder.

Still not working ? used the archived method to root 2011 Xperia here below the animated Xperia picture.
http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/398771#398771

5) While posting in the thread for help, remember to give details. Don't just write > "it's not working, help please ".

"Confirmed working on" List
The Following 303 Users Say Thank You to Nabeel. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nabeel. Ad-Free

4th April 2013, 04:28 PM |#2  
Mandaluyong City
Thanks Meter: 44

More
WOW. nice 1!
Wow.. This is great. With just one click.
THANKS HITTED for the INFO Sir Nabeel, and to the original maker of the tool.

Before i use your guide at talk.sonymobile.com
a long process of flashing of that and that, etc. hahaha..
Now with this.
it can help everyone!
The Following User Says Thank You to Doubtfire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Doubtfire Ad-Free
4th April 2013, 11:33 PM |#3  
Flag Taguig
Thanks Meter: 329

More
Confirmed working on my ST15i

Sent from my ST15i using xda app-developers app
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to amnher For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift amnher Ad-Free
5th April 2013, 07:15 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubtfire

Wow.. This is great. With just one click.
THANKS HITTED for the INFO Sir Nabeel, and to the original maker of the tool.

Before i use your guide at talk.sonymobile.com
a long process of flashing of that and that, etc. hahaha..
Now with this.
it can help everyone!

Wow, I think I've got friends worldwide , yeah that guide was big but this rooting toolkit has just replaced everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by amnher

Confirmed working on my ST15i

Yeah amnher , it's confirmed working for every 2011 phone. Would you suggest me to add every phone in the guide so that it helps users ?
Please tell
Thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nabeel. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nabeel. Ad-Free
5th April 2013, 08:59 AM |#5  
Flag Taguig
Thanks Meter: 329

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabeel.

Wow, I think I've got friends worldwide , yeah that guide was big but this rooting toolkit has just replaced everything

Yeah amnher , it's confirmed working for every 2011 phone. Would you suggest me to add every phone in the guide so that it helps users ?
Please tell
Thanks

that would be good. I only tested in ICS. It doesnt work on GB? e.g. 4.0.2.A.0.62-.84?
5th April 2013, 09:28 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amnher

that would be good. I only tested in ICS. It doesnt work on GB? e.g. 4.0.2.A.0.62-.84?

I tested on arc s .62, and it worked. Did you try to root your phone running .62 ?
5th April 2013, 11:14 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2,244

More
If you can confirm that it's working for every firmware version, it's the best rooting script ever! Will link this in my guide asap!

Sent from my Nexus 7 running Android 4.2.2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mihahn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mihahn Ad-Free
5th April 2013, 04:42 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 358

Donate to Me
More
Hi! I have one question. I am going to root Sony Ericsson Xperia mini ST15i with 4.1.B.0.587, but it is not my phone. Will be all apps, user data etc still on phone after root or phone will be "cleared"? Thanks for reply and for this app and tutorial.
5th April 2013, 04:54 PM |#9  
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / Themer
Flag Raipur
Thanks Meter: 5,384

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by somin.n

Hi! I have one question. I am going to root Sony Ericsson Xperia mini ST15i with 4.1.B.0.587, but it is not my phone. Will be all apps, user data etc still on phone after root or phone will be "cleared"? Thanks for reply and for this app and tutorial.

Well rooting shouldn't wipe user data....but still make sure you have any kind of backup incase it does format!

Best of Luck

Best Regards,
AJ
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abhinav1997 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2013, 04:56 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 358

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for reply
5th April 2013, 07:29 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihahn

If you can confirm that it's working for every firmware version, it's the best rooting script ever! Will link this in my guide asap!

I'm using full power to know from users if they can root GB .62 firmware through my Sony forum guide and facebook page.
It'is confirmed working on Arc S and Ray..

Although It's confirmed working for every ICS build for every device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav2

Well rooting shouldn't wipe user data....but still make sure you have any kind of backup incase it does format!

Best of Luck

Best Regards,
AJ

Thanks for helping him mate, one thumbs up for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by somin.n

Thanks for reply

Hey friend, even you can thank him.
All the best with your rooting btw , we're all here to help you, so feel free to ask anything
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nabeel. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nabeel. Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)