Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[DEV][LIBRARY][2015-06-12] RootFW4 - An Android Root Shell Framework

3,526 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,042

By dk_zero-cool, Recognized Contributor on 5th April 2013, 02:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
RootFW4 - An Android Root Shell Framework

RootFW is a tool that helps Android Applications act as root. The only way for an application to perform tasks as root, is by executing shell commands as Android has no native way of doing this. However, due to different types of shell support on different devices/ROM's (Shell type, busybox/toolbox versions etc.), this is not an easy task. RootFW comes with a lot of pre-built methods to handle the most common tasks. Each method tries to support as many different environments as possible by implementing different approaches for each environment. This makes the work of app developers a lot easier.

RootFW is the largest of it's kind. It does not only provide a feature of connecting to a root shell and executing a few shell commands. It also provides a very large range of additional features and extra shell tools that are all build to make RootFW the most cross-device compatible library for Android, and very fast and easy to use in your app.

Besides the ability to connect and communicate with a shell, it provides tools for working with files, properties (Both registered and prop files), file systems, binaries, busybox, memory (RAM, SWAP, ZRAM etc), processes and so on.

Links
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dk_zero-cool For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dk_zero-cool Ad-Free

5th April 2013, 02:05 AM |#2  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Horsens

More
Reserved...
5th April 2013, 09:56 AM |#3  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,367

Donate to Me
More
Thanks @dk_zero-cool. This looks interesting. I'm currently using Chainfire's SU library. I'll give it a try !

Edit: Just out of curiosity, Why LGPL ?
5th April 2013, 10:13 AM |#4  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Horsens

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukanth

Edit: Just out of curiosity, Why LGPL ?

GPL has got to much limitation on how and where. I use GPL most of the times, but for something like this, I think LGPL fits much better.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread