HTC One Dev Edition // preorders start 04/05

Search This thread

mattman83

Jan 19, 2011
Brisbane
Love that they are getting these out early :) I know a number of US devs have said they will only pick up the dev version, not a carrier one.... so yay :D

NextNexus

Jan 19, 2007
I preordered the AT&T version but thinking about changing to this. Will the AT&T version get roms (like CM10) or will it be too difficult for devs? Also, does the AT&T version have any AT&T branding on it!?

mouzaihem

Jan 15, 2008
Detroit
Am I the only one who can't find the link to the phone? It keeps showing phones sold now by Sprint, etc

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

kirdroid

Feb 21, 2011
Seattle
I preordered the AT&T version but thinking about changing to this. Will the AT&T version get roms (like CM10) or will it be too difficult for devs? Also, does the AT&T version have any AT&T branding on it!?

It will get ROMs and yes it has the branding on the back plus regular carrier bloatware.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

muayyadf1

Jan 13, 2012
I'm going with this one because of the great price(64gb) and unlocked bootloader. :cowboy:
I cancelled my preorder with handtec, worth the extra 1 week wait.

nickmgray

Dec 23, 2005
Minneapolis
htcsource.com
I'm really on the fence here. I love the idea of owning a limited edition dev phone from HTC, but I don't really need 64GB of storage and the price just seems unreasonable right now since there's the $100 trade in offer and free accessories form AT&T and T-Mobile when you pre-order through them.

chiensibut

Jan 18, 2010
Houston, TX
I really need someone to clarify this for me. Does Dev phone will get HSPA+/4g and LTE or it will only get 2g and LTE in some area?

phatty033

Apr 28, 2011
how does the preorder work? do they charge your card for the full amount or preauthorize a small amount and then charge the rest when it ships?

jngtt

Nov 4, 2008
POS
ordered mines, page tends to crash easy, have some patients and u will reach checkout

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official HTC Comment

All, I'm an official HTC rep (please see the tag under my name or my profile here, as confirmed by Svetius and the mods). We've been very surprised and pleased by the extraordinary response we've received from the community to the unlocked versions of HTC One. To be completely transparent, we didn't expect to receive such incredible demand, and as some of you have experienced we're working through some fulfillment challenges as a result. We're working as hard and as fast as we can to correct this.

I wanted to acknowledge the people in this thread who have waited through long hold times on the phone and have had a less than satisfactory experience during their HTC One ordering process. HTC sincerely apologizes for the frustrating experience. Orders for the unlocked and developers editions of the One are being fulfilled by a third party vendor and we are working with them to add additional staff and vastly improve the customer experience.

I realize some of you have canceled or are considering canceling your order. While we understand why some of you would want to take your order elsewhere, we ask that those of you who still have an order placed to please bear with us as we add staff and work through order fulfillment as quickly as humanly possible. In addition, we have more inventory expected to arrive later this week, and it truly won't be long before you have the HTC One in your hands.

Again, we apologize for any unsatisfactory experience and we're doing our very best to correct the matter. Thank you for your patience.

Jeff Gordon
    Global Online Communications Manager
    HTC Corp.
    If some people got as upset about the crap carriers do to their phones as they do about a small shipping delay, and they should, there would be change in this corrupt industry. Alas, people continue to let carriers lock down phones, brand them, install unwanted software on them, and delay updates for months. If you buy a phone from AT&T, you are telling them and HTC that you're OK with that. Fighting corruption isn't for the lazy or extremely impatient I guess.
    I can perfectly understand people being tired of waiting and all but if you are that impatient, preodering is not for you, period. It's an exciting and emotional experience with happiness and anger being close.

I ordered on the first day and I want this phone. But cancel my order to throw my money on those att suckers and let them lock my property down? No way!

I rather have a perfect one without gaps and dead pixels than get it tomorrow. If necessary, I am willing to wait another week or two.

When preorders started, they were clearly stating that stock will arrive on 18th (HTC was even saying that release will be delayed to end of April!). We knew that carriers will be preferred to get devices and the first people got their handsets this week.

So why being upset? Basically we are just 3 days behind, if they ship devices tomorrow that's perfectly fine and on schedule.

Even if not, isn't a 1 week wait worth unlocked, unbranded, unbloated goodness? Definitely.

I stop mashing f5 and silently looking forward to Santa aka UPS guy and my private Christmas in April.

PS: I am upgrading from my almost 5 year old HD2 which served me well all the time, so I am in anything but a hurry. The One is a worthy successor of the legendary HD2 so worth the wait. And thanks HTC for giving us the dev edition!
    I dont believe a damn thing until the 18th comes and goes. So sick of this rumor bs.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
    Posted this to their facebook page with a copy of email everyone else should hit them up too. They need some bad press about this.

HTC I would like to know why you treat your most die hard fans like crap. People who are willing to pre-order your phone paying FULL RETAIL. Would you not call them the die hard fans??? Then why can you not deliver phones to us? Why do you treat the people who want you to succeed the most so poorly but yet you make sure to get a huge amount of phones to all the people who don't support you??? People who would never pay full MSRP for a phone? You act like they are more important than me someone who has followed and loved your company for years.

I paid $650 on a pre-order for the new HTC One. HTC stated I would have my phone today but now has sent this email with NO DEFINITE ETA !!! QUIETLY BRILLIANT TO SCREW OVER THE MOST LOYAL OF YOUR CUSTOMERS????