FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HP Envy X2, find an active stylus

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By captainmikou, Junior Member on 5th April 2013, 11:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everybody !

First of all, i'm French so please apologize my English.

I have recently bought a HP envy X2, a hybrid tablet. on their website it's written that there is an optionnal Stylus, that would mean there is an active technology that exists for that tablet.

After a few researches, i found that it was working with Atmel active stylus. But the problem is : i really, really can find where to buy one.

I really have made a lot of researches and i know that stylus does exist.

So my questions are :

1) Am i right when i say the HP Envy X2 would work with an ACTIVE stylus ?
2) Do you know anything about those Atmel stylus ?

Thank you ! Have a nice day .
24th April 2013, 09:33 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmikou

Hi everybody !

First of all, i'm French so please apologize my English.

I have recently bought a HP envy X2, a hybrid tablet. on their website it's written that there is an optionnal Stylus, that would mean there is an active technology that exists for that tablet.

After a few researches, i found that it was working with Atmel active stylus. But the problem is : i really, really can find where to buy one.

I really have made a lot of researches and i know that stylus does exist.

So my questions are :

1) Am i right when i say the HP Envy X2 would work with an ACTIVE stylus ?
2) Do you know anything about those Atmel stylus ?

Thank you ! Have a nice day .

Strange that you have not received a reply yet, I'm not to well informed about the stylus but I am also looking for an active pen/stylus. I'll try to provide some kind of answer, but it'll be based on what I've read in the documentation and on another forum (with focus on tablet PCs).

1) According to the manual/handbook I got with my Envy X2 it should support an active stylus/pen. It says that it's available on "selected models" or something like that, but I hope all models will be included.

2) What I have read on another forum is that a pen for the Elitepad 900 is on it's way, to be released later this year. I have read that the Elitepad 900 and the Envy X2 should use the same stylus, but I do not think it was from an official HP source so I'm not 100% sure that it is true. That pen is called something like "HP Executive pen". I've seen a link to HP Store Germany for that pen, but since I'm not sure if it works, how long it would take to get, and the shipping would probably be too expensive (to Japan), I'm waiting until I read something that I can trust.

I'm not allowed to post external links yet, but the one I'm following about the Envy X2 is TabletPCReview forum, Hewlett-Packard section.
29th May 2013, 02:01 PM |#3  
Flag Lund
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Would any of the Samsung Galaxy Now stylus work with it?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD
5th November 2019, 11:06 PM |#4  
Flag Bucuresti
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn

Would any of the Samsung Galaxy Now stylus work with it?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD

I'm using a Wacom bamboo Ink for my HP Envy. It works perfectly. Theoretically there are 3 standards. Bamboo Ink supports 2 of them, but you need to switch between them by pressing the 2 forward buttons. The third one is used for Samsung Phones, and it does not support that one, i have a Note 8 and it does not work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)