FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEV][ROM][PROJECT] OpenSense Collaboration ROM | JB | Sense 4+ | 11/04/13

9,299 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,846

Post Reply Email Thread
This a project to port Android 4.1.1 with Sense 4+ to HTC Sensation and to fix the bugs. This is open to anyone.

If you would like to contribute to this open project shoot me a PM or post in this thread so I can add you to the project on github and the contributors list.

Software Information:
  • Android 4.1.1 JellyBean
  • HTC Sense 4+
  • HTC Ville C2 base 3.19.401.101
  • Kernel: PyramidION 0.1.1 by SebastianFM (0.1.2 won't work on any other ROM but Viper due to SebastianFM adding a check for Viper in the kernel code)

Details:

Bugs
  • Audio
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Long press home brings up Google Now instead of Recent Apps

If there are any other issues please open a new issue in the OpenSense github issue tracker here >>> https://github.com/OpenSense/OpenSense/issues

Additional Information:
  • Feel free to use this as you wish, we hold no rights over this. You don't need to ask permission to use it either. All that we ask is that if you use files from here and manage to fix one of the bugs, you share that fix so the community as a whole can benefit from it.
Warning:
  • This is not meant as a users ROM, it is meant as a developers ROM so don't expect any fancy bells and whistles. The aim of this project is to fix the bugs, not pander to user requests.
More Information:
  • Why are we doing this?
Well its simple really, sharing is caring and with more developers' input, hopefully we can fix the remaining bugs.. Anyone is welcome to join, kernel developers, ROM developers, general hackers, end users... anyone so long as they will actively help fix the remaining bugs.
  • Why use github?
Because its easy to use across all OS's. You don't have to run a linux distro to use it, I've been using Windows 8 and Git Gui to push commits, it works fine. There is a complete guide to basic github and commands in this thread written by eagleeyetom. In post 2 I've done a quick and easy tutorial on setting up Git and Git Gui on Windows.
Contributors:
Credits:
  • All contributors
  • ivicask for information, help and advice he has previously given me
  • SebastianFM for the kernel and kernel source code
  • niklas1407 for the mirror server
Project Github

OpenSense Github
Download

OpenSense 11.04.2013

| OpenSense 11.04.2013 | Mirror 1 | Mirror 2 | Mirror 3 - kindly provided by niklas1407 |

MD5 CheckSum: AB8B879B2683A3DD59D04083D9B34050

OpenSense 06.04.2013

| OpenSense 06.04.2013 | Mirror 1 | Mirror 2 | Mirror 3 - kindly provided by niklas1407 |

MD5 CheckSum: 33480F3FB1D1FB3780000E30BD99B43A
The Following 79 Users Say Thank You to Jonny For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jonny Ad-Free

6th April 2013, 01:13 PM |#2  
OP Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Birmingham

Donate to Me
More
How to get Git running on Windows

1. Download Git from here >>> http://git-scm.com/download/win
2. Open the installer
3. Click "Next" for the first 3 stages of the installer
4. When you get to the "Adjusting your PATH environment" bit, make sure to choose the 2nd option "Run Git from the Windows Command Prompt" then click next
5. On the "Choosing the SSH executable" screen select "Use OpenSSH" and click next.
6. IMPORTANT - On the "Configuring the line ending conversions" screen make sure to choose "Checkout as-is, commit as-is". Failure to do this step really messes things up with the file encoding so just don't mess it up.
7. Continue through the installer

How to clone OpenSense Repo using Windows

1. Open a new Git Gui (installed when installing Git) - right click anywhere and select "Git Gui"
2. Select "Clone an existing repository"
3. On the next screen put the Source Location as https://github.com/OpenSense/OpenSense.git
4. Put the Target as where you want the files to go, eg for me it was C:\Users\Jonathon\OpenSense\OpenSense
5. Click clone and wait... Congrats

Commiting and pushing changes using Git Gui

1. Make your changes then open a new git gui window and select "Rescan"
2. When thats finished click "Stage Changed"
3. Type in your commit message - eg "Initial Commit"
4. Click Commit
5. When thats done click "Push" then enter your github username in the first popup box and password in the second
6. Done!

Getting other contributors changes

1. Go to the OpenSense folder (created by cloning the repo)
2. Right click anywhere and select "Git Bash"
3. Type "git pull origin master" (without the quotation marks)
4. Wait for it to sync
5. Done
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Jonny For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jonny Ad-Free
6th April 2013, 01:14 PM |#3  
Flag Birmingham

Donate to Me
More
Reserved 1
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jonny For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jonny Ad-Free
6th April 2013, 01:14 PM |#4  
Flag Birmingham

Donate to Me
More
Reserved 2
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jonny For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jonny Ad-Free
6th April 2013, 01:24 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ash123456678 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ash123456678 Ad-Free
6th April 2013, 01:25 PM |#6  
Flag LanZhou
Thanks Meter: 732

Donate to Me
More
Want more fans joined.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kinghunki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kinghunki Ad-Free
6th April 2013, 01:29 PM |#7  
Flag Birmingham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghunki

Want more fans joined.

Can you send me your github username as well so I can add you to the project on there as well (your already in the contributors list but I don't know your github)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jonny For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jonny Ad-Free
stempox
6th April 2013, 01:29 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
OT:jonny very good, this must be the spirit of xda!!
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
6th April 2013, 01:29 PM |#9  
Flag Birmingham

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ash123456678

I'll chip in with what I can :P
I'm gonna start working more with audio and mainly beats and some MIUI... Also maybe some smali, app creating, and things like that... Also I'm gonna jump in with kernels and things
Any space for me?

Yeah sure, can you tell me your github username please?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jonny For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jonny Ad-Free
6th April 2013, 02:02 PM |#10  
Flag Groningen
Thanks Meter: 8,307

Donate to Me
More
This is the way and the spirit.
I'll join in and do what i can...
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to V6-Maniac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift V6-Maniac Ad-Free
6th April 2013, 02:04 PM |#11  
Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 125

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6-Maniac

This is the way and the spirit.
I'll join in and do what i can...

Open source community.... Superb

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pyramid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pyramid Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, jellybean, open, opensense, sense 4+

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)