By sbdags, Recognized Contributor on 6th April 2013, 04:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st August 2013, 10:04 PM |#5371  
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurus

What about Dock-Draining under the 5.Beta? I am quite happy with 4.7.0., don't really want to update, except if the Dock Draining problems are solved...Any experiences?

What are these "dock draining" issues people are talking about? I'm on 4.7.0 currently and I've been unplugged for 3 days and I'm at 99% (tab) and 86% (dock). Is it an accelerated draining or something?

Some people may not know that the dock is designed to keep the tablet charged and will drain all the way to 0% to keep the tablet charged up.
21st August 2013, 10:47 PM |#5372  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -BoneZ-

What are these "dock draining" issues people are talking about? I'm on 4.7.0 currently and I've been unplugged for 3 days and I'm at 99% (tab) and 86% (dock). Is it an accelerated draining or something?

Some people may not know that the dock is designed to keep the tablet charged and will drain all the way to 0% to keep the tablet charged up.

Originally how the dock software was set is that at 70% tablet the dock software will kick in and charge it up to 90%. If the tablet dropped to 70% again it would charge back up to 90%. Then if it hit 70% again on the tablet the dock did something different though not sure exactly what per say but I thought it ran per say off the dock totally and charge the battery again to 90%.

So that is odd that your tab is at 99% and dock is at 86%. I've never seen that myself on my tablet.

Now the drain issue is where for some reason it doesn't put the tablet to sleep and runs down the battery in a short period of time. At times I could run the battery out in a day or 2 with minimal usage. It was odd and could never put my finger on what was doing it because other times it was perfectly fine.
21st August 2013, 10:53 PM |#5373  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 207

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags

Hmmm... might be beta3 tonight as I just added some more cool stuff lol Oops

Hey! Im no developer just a heavy user =) But I have this app called Halo on my Paranoid Android rom on my s4.
Is it even remotely possible to get Halo in your rom aswell? I remember you said samsung Multiview required a total rework of framework so it was out of the question.

It would be awesome if we could get some kind of real multitasking (like on a pc) since our screen is really high res. =)
21st August 2013, 10:54 PM |#5374  
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathman20

So that is odd that your tab is at 99% and dock is at 86%. I've never seen that myself on my tablet.

That is odd. So odd, in fact, that I went and looked at the numbers again, and found that I had them reversed. Tablet is at 86% and dock is 99%. Apologies.
21st August 2013, 11:02 PM |#5375  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 15,733

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up CROMi-X 5.0b3 Public Beta
OK folks some app updates and a change to the rendering engine for this one. There is also an experimental version of cache2sd included. It only currently works via a terminal emulator and won't survive a reboot. You need a fast sdcard (class 10 UHS-1) but think of it as a kind of way to use your sdcard to speed up cache reads and writes. Kind of like data2sd without all the hassle. It got me 700 points in quadrant But that is probably as it is caching quadrant

In terminal type SU then use the following commands - full thread here:

to configure
cache2sd -c

then to execute your config
cache2sd -m

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2258050

Test it and let me know if this is worth pursuing

ChangeLog:
Quote:

21/08/2013 - v5.0b3 CROMi-X
o Updated Hunds TF700 kernel to version 3.3.2 beta
o Updated Hunds TF201 kernel to version 2.0.3 beta
o Updated Hunds app to version 1.8
o Modded Asus Keyboard to dark grey
o Updated YouTube to version 5.0.21
o Updated DropBox to version 2.3.10
o Experimental Turned off software rendering in /system/lib/hw/egl/egl.cfg. Thanks LetMeKnow
o Experimental cache2sd binary added to ROM for testing. Thanks meldrak. See http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2258050

Download Mirrors:

CROMi-X DEODEX 5.0 beta 3 Mirror 1 - 492.10 MB

CROMi-X DEODEX 5.0 beta 3 Mirror 2 - 492.10 MB

md5: 2d58a0edb829c956ea82be76334f0ac5

Enjoy!
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sbdags Ad-Free
22nd August 2013, 12:04 AM |#5376  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Hi all.
Have been testing this fantastic rom and Chromi 5 beta 2.
Ran in to some probs. can't boot any rom that isn't with stock kernel anymore. i get stuck on the spinning wheel during boot or during the final stage of android configuration of the apps just before first boot. I remember i tried som of hounds kernels and played with the cpu settings. can some old config file be messing the new installs?

How can i make a total wipe so nothing old remains? Don't have any importend stuff on the tab so i don't mind a total wipe.

I have latest twrp, adb up and running.

Best regards
Mackis
22nd August 2013, 12:11 AM |#5377  
Thanks Meter: 182

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by corb06

Hey! Im no developer just a heavy user =) But I have this app called Halo on my Paranoid Android rom on my s4.
Is it even remotely possible to get Halo in your rom aswell? I remember you said samsung Multiview required a total rework of framework so it was out of the question.

It would be awesome if we could get some kind of real multitasking (like on a pc) since our screen is really high res. =)

I believe Halo was open sourced and there is a port of it on the App store called "Portal" which is supposed to work on any device. I personally have not used it as Halo and Portal look to be centered around notifications and I'm happy enough with standard nav-bar functionality.

What we truly need is multiwindow support similar to what is available on Galaxy devices via the touchwiz framework.........but that is not something that will happen any time soon.
22nd August 2013, 12:12 AM |#5378  
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 702

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackis

Hi all.
Have been testing this fantastic rom and Chromi 5 beta 2.
Ran in to some probs. can't boot any rom that isn't with stock kernel anymore. i get stuck on the spinning wheel during boot or during the final stage of android configuration of the apps just before first boot. I remember i tried som of hounds kernels and played with the cpu settings. can some old config file be messing the new installs?

How can i make a total wipe so nothing old remains? Don't have any importend stuff on the tab so i don't mind a total wipe.

I have latest twrp, adb up and running.

Best regards
Mackis

You can use a "Format" instead of Wipe in the TWRP. It will clean everything including your personal data. Usually, Format method is solving a lot of unexpected problems.. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to LetMeKnow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LetMeKnow Ad-Free
22nd August 2013, 12:15 AM |#5379  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 40

More
downloading Chromi-X 5 beta 3 and will try that out. Can i tick all boxes not just system, cache, and data, in twrp and do a full wipe and then format?
22nd August 2013, 12:21 AM |#5380  
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 702

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackis

downloading Chromi-X 5 beta 3 and will try that out. Can i tick all boxes not just system, cache, and data, in twrp and do a full wipe and then format?

Format by itself is more than enough. You don't need to wipe and then format. I hope that it helps..
The Following User Says Thank You to LetMeKnow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LetMeKnow Ad-Free
22nd August 2013, 02:33 AM |#5381  
Thanks Meter: 274

More
Sbdags
i keep going back to stock browser to make sure its still fast. It is.
My tablet is one year old and running better than ever. When i first tried v5 my first thought was i have no compelling reason to get a new tablet, i already have one.
I'm on v5 3 with no disappointments.
i first started to type its running like new, but new was never this good.
Thanks
Woody

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
10.6.1.14.8, cleanrom, cromi, infinity, jb 4.2.1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)