[HOWTO][CM7] Install 2.3.7 GB on MB511

Search This thread

ShockBuddy

Jul 25, 2012
Hey Guys!

Today i show you How to Install CyanogenMod7 on MB511!

Warning
You do this at own risk, i will not take ANY responsibility for Damaged (Bricked) Devices.

Follow these Steps to install Android 2.3.7 GB CyanogenMod 7 on Flipout (MB511)
And if something is unclear, ask!!!
--------------------------------------------
0. Reflash your Flipout with RSD Lite (If you dont know what this is, do some research!)
1. Download Rom to SD Card (Download)
2. Root your Device (Universal Androot is your Friend)
3. Download this sort-of Recovery and install on Device: CWM Bootstrapped Recovery
4. Use this App to boot into cwm-recovery
5. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
Hint: MOUNT /system under Mounts and Storage!
6. Install Rom from .zip
7. Wait
8. Reboot Device
9. ...
10. CyanogenMod 7 on Motorola Flipout
:victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory:

For ICS Design, look at this: Click!
I recommend using ADB over WiFi, cuz USB on PC isn't currently working. (Use a SD Card Reader for File Transfers!)

Working:
-Boot
-Touchscreen
-H/W Keyboard (Wrong Screen Orientation after Flip Out)
-CyanogenMod Themes (LDPI)
-Camera (Bit Buggy)
-GPS (Lock very slow)
-Bluetooth
-Root
-Multitouch (2 Points)
-Vibration
-Proximity sensor

Not Working:
-FM Radio
-Ant+
-USB Buggy
-Phone Calls
-App2SD

Other Stuff:
-Battery drains like hell, always charge or turn Device off!
-CronMod INT2EXTV2+ is WORKING! (1GB)

Tell me to add things i forgot ot if something got's Patched in an official Update!

Need Proof?
Look at Attachments ;)

If i helped you, please Click THANKS!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 37,040
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 9,537
Last edited:

ShockBuddy

Jul 25, 2012
This is a great news. Everithing is working on the device? Some issues? I'll test it tonight when i come off from work.

Thx,

Co'

USB is buggy, need to use ADB over WiFi.
Also Phone Calls are buggy acording to the Thread.
To learn more about the Bugs, check out the Thread of the Rom:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2209254

I tested it, and i think it is working pretty Bugless and Smooth (Depends on what you understand under "smooth" xD)

moodroid

Jun 7, 2011
Hi

Thanks for the instructions. I'm going to try this out at the weekend, and wondered if I can ask a couple of questions?

0. Reflash your Flipout with RSD Lite:
does this mean flashing one of the .sbf files, and do I have to use any particular one?

Also, I'm currently on Orange in the UK. Once I've installed the ROM, will it still work, or will I need to change anything to make it work on Orange / UK?

Thanks

Reactions: ShockBuddy

ShockBuddy

Jul 25, 2012
Hi

Thanks for the instructions. I'm going to try this out at the weekend, and wondered if I can ask a couple of questions?

does this mean flashing one of the .sbf files, and do I have to use any particular one?

Also, I'm currently on Orange in the UK. Once I've installed the ROM, will it still work, or will I need to change anything to make it work on Orange / UK?

Thanks

Yes, you should reflash a .sbf file if you have modified the System (Root for example).

Im German and dont have any clue about this Orange thing. If it is a Branding like Telekom in Germany, it will (Probaly) debrand it, but im not sure about that. You can do a NANDROID BACKUP in CWM, worked for me for restoration.

Last edited:
Reactions: moodroid

mr_5kool

Apr 10, 2012

breakingspell

Dec 1, 2010
This is the best thing that's happened to this device in years. Kudos to everyone involved, now i can actually get some use out of this piece of junk :D Everything installed smoothly, and i've got the dev thread bookmarked to keep on top of updates.

ShockBuddy

Jul 25, 2012
Any possible port to the MB512? :p

If you mean the Motorola Flipside, maybe you could just install the Rom on your Device. But im not sure, and i dont think anyone will port this
rom to such old devices. (Suprised that someone got it working on Flipout MB511)

I know no one want's to hear that, but: Buy a new Phone.

Motorola Flipout, Charm, Flipside are Legacy/Low Activity Devices for a reason!

100% functional Formula:

if phone is = Crap/Slow/Ugly/Forcing you to Rage
then = buy=("new Phone")
else = :good:

if phone = New
then =
MSuM7okhBcywFBTM

Cheers,

~ShockBuddy

mr_5kool

Apr 10, 2012
The mobile network is not stable
It always disconnects
When it connects, I can make call but cannot hear anything
T.T
I've installed the newest ROM version

greedo85

Sep 5, 2016
www.podsluchyonline.pl
Hi,
I know it's an on thread, but maybe someone knows. Is there any chance to make phone calls working on CM7?

Ok, I have found a solution, and calls now working ;) Here it is what I did, for other time travellers:
Flash this using RSDLite: https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B2TMVyhuQfJ-dkN5N3RhcGVtTnc&export=download
install UniversalAndroot.apk, than Bootstrap.apk. Reboot to recovery, make backup of this stock ROM.
Wipe data/factory reset, install CM7 ROM
Calls working :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys!

Today i show you How to Install CyanogenMod7 on MB511!

Warning
    You do this at own risk, i will not take ANY responsibility for Damaged (Bricked) Devices.

Follow these Steps to install Android 2.3.7 GB CyanogenMod 7 on Flipout (MB511)
    And if something is unclear, ask!!!
    --------------------------------------------
    0. Reflash your Flipout with RSD Lite (If you dont know what this is, do some research!)
    1. Download Rom to SD Card (Download)
    2. Root your Device (Universal Androot is your Friend)
    3. Download this sort-of Recovery and install on Device: CWM Bootstrapped Recovery
    4. Use this App to boot into cwm-recovery
    5. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    Hint: MOUNT /system under Mounts and Storage!
    6. Install Rom from .zip
    7. Wait
    8. Reboot Device
    9. ...
    10. CyanogenMod 7 on Motorola Flipout
    :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory: :victory:

For ICS Design, look at this: Click!
    I recommend using ADB over WiFi, cuz USB on PC isn't currently working. (Use a SD Card Reader for File Transfers!)

Working:
    -Boot
    -Touchscreen
    -H/W Keyboard (Wrong Screen Orientation after Flip Out)
    -CyanogenMod Themes (LDPI)
    -Camera (Bit Buggy)
    -GPS (Lock very slow)
    -Bluetooth
    -Root
    -Multitouch (2 Points)
    -Vibration
    -Proximity sensor

Not Working:
    -FM Radio
    -Ant+
    -USB Buggy
    -Phone Calls
    -App2SD

Other Stuff:
    -Battery drains like hell, always charge or turn Device off!
    -CronMod INT2EXTV2+ is WORKING! (1GB)

Tell me to add things i forgot ot if something got's Patched in an official Update!

Need Proof?
    Look at Attachments ;)

If i helped you, please Click THANKS!
    This is a great news. Everithing is working on the device? Some issues? I'll test it tonight when i come off from work.

Thx,

Co'

USB is buggy, need to use ADB over WiFi.
    Also Phone Calls are buggy acording to the Thread.
    To learn more about the Bugs, check out the Thread of the Rom:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2209254

I tested it, and i think it is working pretty Bugless and Smooth (Depends on what you understand under "smooth" xD)
    Wow

Thx,

Co'
    Hi

Thanks
    Hi

Thanks

Yes, you should reflash a .sbf file if you have modified the System (Root for example).

Im German and dont have any clue about this Orange thing. If it is a Branding like Telekom in Germany, it will (Probaly) debrand it, but im not sure about that. You can do a NANDROID BACKUP in CWM, worked for me for restoration.