/* * Your warranty is now void. * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
-Post 1 : Introduction to the Mod and general FAQ.
-Post 2 : Download links.
-Post 3 : Technical info and explications about Tweaking Android.
-Post 4 : changelog.
Hi guys,Fly-On Mod is a Mod that combines many scripts, binaries and other tweaks in one package which is aimed to improve Android system's performance,smoothness,reduce GUI lags and of course some useful battery life improvements and tweaks!
Features and Improvements :
- Full memory management/Better multitasking.
- Linux kernel tweaks and improvements for better performance and battery life.
- Less lags for gamers.
- Entropy generator engine used to reduce lags.
- Zipalign apps in "/system" and apps in "/data" every 24 hours which result in less RAM usage.
- Sqlite optimizations and faster database access.
- CPU governors tweaks and improvements for better performance and battery life.
- Better thermal management and less overheating.
- Increased SD Card read-ahead cache to 2048 KB for faster SD card read and write.
- Ad blocking.
- Build.prop tweaks and improvements.
- Cleans log files and tombstones at every boot.
- Many other tweaks for better performance and battery life!
- Android 2.3.x (Gingerbread) or higher.
- Kernel with init.d support.
- Root and newest busyBox version.
-Custom recovery(like CWM or TWRP).
- At least 4MB of free space in "/system".
How to install :
Before Flashing please do a nandroid backup to avoid any incompatibility issues.
1. Download the Fly-On Mod main pack and sqlite pack according to your phone's Android version.
2. Rebooting into recovery mod.
3. Install Signed_Fly-On_Mod_V5.0-Alphax.zip and sqlite_xversion.
4. Reboot and feel the smoothness!
In the package :
+/system/etc/init.d/ scripts :
-ram_manager: It's a complete memory manager
-92cleaner: Cleans log files and tombstones at every boot.
-09RW_turbo: Sdcard and I/O scheduler tweaks
-zipalign: Zipalign apps in "/system" and "/data" every 30 hours.
-98fly_engine: Contains various tweaks and improvements. (3G/VM/sysctl/kernel/battery life tweaks etc.)
-sqlite_optimize: Optimizing database of apps every 30 hours.
-03killer: Kills media server and google services when unused to save battery.
-94Governor_tweaks: Tweaks for CPU governors,It's aimed on better performance and battery backup.
-fstrim: Optimizing system files every 1 month.
-Entropy_engine: Well, as the name says.
-95DNS: DNS caching script for faster internet access.
+/system/etc/hosts : Adblocker
+/system/etc/Entropy_script/ : Contains main entropy engine files
Frequently asked questions:
Q: Can I use Fly-On MOD™ with my device?
A:Fly-On works on all Android devices(Samsung Galaxy,Sony Xperia,HTC,Google,LG and all other OEMs) with Root,busyBox and init.d support.
Q: I'm coming from an old version should I uninstall my version before installing new one?
A:No,Just new version over old one, the installation package will do everything.
Q: I feel very comfortable with my current old version,why should I update to never version?
A:Even If you feel very comfortable with your old version you should update to get latest improvements and bugfixes.
Q: What is EXT4 tweak?
A:It's a tweak that disables EXT4 journalism which increases I/O speed.
Q: Can I use EXT4 tweak?
A:In order to use this one you'll need your phone's file system to be on EXT4.
Q: Can I use INT2EXT+ with Fly-On Mod?
A:Yes It's totally compatible.
Q: Can I use Fly-On MOD™ with any other MOD that uses init.d scripts,binaries and Tweaks?
A:No,you can't as they will conflict ,so choose one of the them.
Q: And when I install a newer Fly-On version should I re-install my RAM Configs/EXT4 tweak?
Q: What is the best kernel to use with Fly-On?
A:No one is the best,Use any custom kernel with init.d support.
Q: What is entropy engine?
A:It an engine used to reduce lags by keeping a section of the Android file system (/dev/random) full of random bits so that the system does not have to wait for the file system to generate them.
Q: So for better performance/battery Entropy must be on or off?
A:No,It just off by default to let users have their own choices.
Q: Can I use Supercharger V6 with Fly-On Mod?
A:Yes,but If you are using Fly-On RAM manager delete It first.(Keep Fly-On main package installed).
Q: But If I have an older version what to do to uninstall Fly-On?
A:Update your version to V4.0 A6 first then Flash the uninstaller.
Q: Do I need to mount /system or /data before flashing?
A:No need to do that as the installation package does everything.
Q: There are many sqlite zips,which one should I pick?
A: Depending on your phone's Android version,like if you are running Android 4.0.x Ice Cream Sandwich flash sqlite_ICS.
How to use Fly-On Mod,after full installation :
+To manage entropy engine,type in terminal :
Notice also that:
- Don't use any Task Killer with this Mod !
- Don't use Fly-On Mod with any other tweaking script as they will conflict !
- If you want to use Fly-On Mod in your ROM or your Mod ask for permissions first and give me credits !
- If you have any question ask me in the thread instead of PMs or I will not reply !
- Read well the thread before posting any newbie questions and do not ask for an already answered question !
-Thanks to Darky for the base zipalign script.
-Special thank to pikachu01, zacharias.maladroit,collin_ph and juwe11 !
-Big thank to zeppelinrox and Ryuinferno !
-Big thanks to BSDgeek_Jake for the great hosts file.
-voku1987 and mcbyte_it.
-Big thank to nolinuxnoparty for designing Fly-On logo !
-Any XDA Member That helped Me out in This Project !
you can find my source on the Github: https://github.com/Slaid480/Android-...-Mod/tree/Beta
If you have any feature's request use pull request.
If you liked this mod,please rate this thread to 5 stars and press the Thanks button and if it's possible buy a coffee for me,it will help me to work, support and keep this project up to date!
Click here to donate!
Fly-On Mod�, Tool/Utility for the Android General
Source Code: https://github.com/Slaid480/Android-...sal-Fly-On-Mod
Current Stable Version: RC1
Current Beta Version: 1
Last Updated 2015-08-11