FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEV]Ubuntu-touch for all Xperia2011 devices

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By GuestK0082, Guest on 8th April 2013, 06:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,
Developers, I really need help to get the ubuntu-touch port working again!
After the first release of Ubuntu-Touh I tried to port it again to our devices, but I don't get them booting. I only get a black screen. I have updated all sources on github and made the appropriate changes. You can find all relevant sources and information on my new website http://danwin.github.io/ubuntu-touch.html where I have uploaded the non-bootng builds for developers.

I still have the old builds available for those, who want a booting ubuntu-touch, but without any functionality: http://danwin.github.io/ubuntu-touch.html
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to GuestK0082 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GuestK0082 Ad-Free

8th April 2013, 06:59 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 105

More
it is so laggy on mini Dude :/
8th April 2013, 07:07 PM |#3  
Flag milan
Thanks Meter: 231

More
screenshot please
The Following User Says Thank You to rod555 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rod555 Ad-Free
GuestK0082
8th April 2013, 07:48 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod555

screenshot please

there is already a video available, but I have made some Photos of my Neo V, sorry for bad quality: http://ubuntuone.com/6keWFpFBG0kEsVF7mBF54D
9th April 2013, 05:31 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Can you add the screenshots in the op as pic
GuestK0082
9th April 2013, 12:25 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimmer2

Can you add the screenshots in the op as pic

I don't think this is really necessary, as I have a video from kakalko4 embedded there, which has a lot better quality than my screenshots. You can download the zip provided above and unzip the pictures inside, if you really want to see them.
9th April 2013, 12:42 PM |#7  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 1,027

More
can you make a more understandable guide how to install it because i try to follow your guide and my phone boots to kernel logo and for couple of second phone turns off
GuestK0082
9th April 2013, 04:48 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioJerkovic

can you make a more understandable guide how to install it because i try to follow your guide and my phone boots to kernel logo and for couple of second phone turns off

ok, updated.
You have to created an ext4 partition with CWM of another kernel or Linux and flashed then my kernel to use the ext4 partition on your SD-Card as /data, because ubuntu is to big for the internal storage. Have you really done that step?
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
9th April 2013, 05:08 PM |#9  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 1,027

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanWin1210

ok, updated.
You have to created an ext4 partition with CWM of another kernel or Linux and flashed then my kernel to use the ext4 partition on your SD-Card as /data, because ubuntu is to big for the internal storage. Have you really done that step?

Yep done it and working ubuntu is working it lags a lot :/ but i dont care i am happy that we got Ubuntu on our old devices
9th April 2013, 08:05 PM |#10  
Flag Devon
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I take it this a the same one as we already have? (crappy demo with no gsm)
GuestK0082
9th April 2013, 08:19 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant101

I take it this a the same one as we already have? (crappy demo with no gsm)

For now yes, but hopefully officiallysonyrebel can make the kernel patches in one or two days available, so I can rebuild all images to make the daily builds of ubuntu booting, which have a lot of improvements.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dev, rom, unoffical

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)