This ROM is based on open source licences released under the Apache licence and belong to Google, Cyanogen and JoyOS. I am merely borrowing their work. The credit for this port goes to the original devs over at Cyanogen and JoyOS, without whom this ROM wouldn't have come about. Further credit goes to PrinceEndymion88 over at the SGM thread, a121232 over at the SGM thread, deba1994 over at the HTC Tattoo thread and a few others, who brought about the JoyOS ROM into being for LDPI devices. I am not responsible if you follow the instructions on this thread and brick your device!
So, you have wanted to use iOS but with Android's openness? Well, look no further, because aOS does just that! You have iOS' unique and pretty UI while not compromising on Android's customizations!
- New Phone.apk (Now looks much more like iOS (Check Screenshots)
- Themed framework-res: Now popups look like iOS
- Lockscreen slider and buttons now resemble iOS
- Themed SystemUI: Added a dynamic status bar like iOS. Transparent on JOYLauncher, but not on other launchers. Changes to opaque black on certain apps and opaque blue like iOS on certain others. Changes to transparent on lockscreen and selected apps.
- Changed the notification toggles. Now resembles iOS like switches instead of the metallic ones. Note: Have not themed the landscape yet.
- Espier Launcher removed. JOYLauncher remains. Check Mods section for iOS similar launcher.
- New Settings app. Now resembles iOS with updated translations.
- Camera app modified to resemble iOS camera. Shutter animation added like on iOS. (Credits to Angeeks devs for base Camera.apk )
- APN configuration file modified. Now you no longer have to manually enter the APN settings for your operator.
- Removed Gapps due to update and licencing issues. Flash Gapps from provided zip.
- New battery icon that looks similar to iOS, but not accurate.
- JOYLauncher resized upto 90% (Thanks to PrinceEndymion88)
- Music player resized
- Espier Launcher added for better UI
- Apple bootanimation
- Slide to reject in incoming call screen disabled by default
- A2SD scripts added
- Languages: English, Italian, Chinese (China) and Chinese (Taiwan)
- New Keyboard (thanks to brainmaster)
- WiFi (by flashing White's WiFi drivers)
- Radio (Calls and Data)
- Camera (white screen error; use Camera Illusion)
- Screen glitches (due to incomplete graphic binaries by Broadcomm)
- Chinese characters still present in a few places (please tell me where these are there so that I can translate and fix them)
Help the developer!
Porting JoyOS is a no-brainer, but resizing it, making it work and making it stable is! I humbly request the users here to post all the bugs that they encounter in this ROM. If you find a Chinese character or symbol anywhere, take some time off to post it here so that it may benefit other users too. And if any of you know Mandarin, they can pitch in with the translations since I know very little to no Mandarin.