FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[CM][GB][PORT]aOS Alpha 1.1.4[UPDATE 11/4/2013]

1,414 posts
Thanks Meter: 578

Post Reply Email Thread
DISCLAIMER:

This ROM is based on open source licences released under the Apache licence and belong to Google, Cyanogen and JoyOS. I am merely borrowing their work. The credit for this port goes to the original devs over at Cyanogen and JoyOS, without whom this ROM wouldn't have come about. Further credit goes to PrinceEndymion88 over at the SGM thread, a121232 over at the SGM thread, deba1994 over at the HTC Tattoo thread and a few others, who brought about the JoyOS ROM into being for LDPI devices. I am not responsible if you follow the instructions on this thread and brick your device!

aOS for Galaxy Pop Plus

This is based on WhiteXP's CM7 and all credit goes to him for base ROM.

So, you have wanted to use iOS but with Android's openness? Well, look no further, because aOS does just that! You have iOS' unique and pretty UI while not compromising on Android's customizations!

Download link for Alpha 1.1.4 will be up at 0000 hours IST. i.e., in about 10 hours!

Changelog for Alpha 1.1.4:

Quote:

• New Phone.apk (Now looks much more like iOS (Check Screenshots)
  • Themed framework-res: Now popups look like iOS
  • Lockscreen slider and buttons now resemble iOS
  • Themed SystemUI: Added a dynamic status bar like iOS. Transparent on JOYLauncher, but not on other launchers. Changes to opaque black on certain apps and opaque blue like iOS on certain others. Changes to transparent on lockscreen and selected apps.
  • Changed the notification toggles. Now resembles iOS like switches instead of the metallic ones. Note: Have not themed the landscape yet.
  • Espier Launcher removed. JOYLauncher remains. Check Mods section for iOS similar launcher.
  • New Settings app. Now resembles iOS with updated translations.
  • Camera app modified to resemble iOS camera. Shutter animation added like on iOS. (Credits to Angeeks devs for base Camera.apk )
  • APN configuration file modified. Now you no longer have to manually enter the APN settings for your operator.
  • Removed Gapps due to update and licencing issues. Flash Gapps from provided zip.
  • New battery icon that looks similar to iOS, but not accurate.

Changelog for Alpha 1:

Quote:

• JOYLauncher resized upto 90% (Thanks to PrinceEndymion88)
  • Music player resized
  • Espier Launcher added for better UI
  • Apple bootanimation
  • Slide to reject in incoming call screen disabled by default
  • A2SD scripts added
  • Languages: English, Italian, Chinese (China) and Chinese (Taiwan)
  • New Keyboard (thanks to brainmaster)

What works:
  • WiFi (by flashing White's WiFi drivers)
  • Radio (Calls and Data)
  • GPS
  • Audio

Known bugs:
  • Camera (white screen error; use Camera Illusion)
  • Bluetooth
  • Screen glitches (due to incomplete graphic binaries by Broadcomm)
  • Chinese characters still present in a few places (please tell me where these are there so that I can translate and fix them)

Help the developer!

Porting JoyOS is a no-brainer, but resizing it, making it work and making it stable is! I humbly request the users here to post all the bugs that they encounter in this ROM. If you find a Chinese character or symbol anywhere, take some time off to post it here so that it may benefit other users too. And if any of you know Mandarin, they can pitch in with the translations since I know very little to no Mandarin.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gadgetroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gadgetroid Ad-Free
8th April 2013, 09:36 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mysore

More
Installation:
Installation:

Note: If you have followed the instructions in this thread carefully, you will have no chances of bricking your device at all!

Readying your device:
  • Create backups of your messages and your apps
  • Grab a cup of coffee before you venture any further
  • Keep your iPhone in hand so that you can jeer at it when you boot up your Galaxy Y with aOS
  • Download ODIN and necessary files
  • Call up your iOS crazy friend and invite him over for scones
  • Keep a cool and steady head

Grab all the necessary files here:
  • Get Cyanus Kernel here!
  • Get ODIN from here

Installing aOS:
  • Flash the provided kernel via ODIN
  • Remove the battery and put it back.
  • Download aOS from the downloads section
  • Boot into recovery
  • Head into Mounts and Storage and format /system, /data and /cache
  • Then mount /system, /data, /cache
  • Go back to the main menu and choose "Install ZIP from SDCard".
  • Select "aOS for Pop Plus_Mini.zip".
  • Wait for it to install.
  • When it says, "Installation complete", click on wipe data/ factory reset.
  • Reboot your phone.

First boot may take some time as it needs to rebuild the cache partition. Do not fret if you get stuck somewhere, I'm here to help you out.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gadgetroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gadgetroid Ad-Free
8th April 2013, 09:43 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mysore

More
Downloads, credits and screenshots:
Downloads:

Download for Alpha 1.1.4 will be up at 0000 hours IST.

Credits:

• WhiteXP for his base ROM.
  • PrinceEndymion88 for his iDroid ROM for the Galaxy Mini.
  • deba1994 for his JoyOS port for the HTC Tattoo from which parts of this ROM were taken.
  • a121232 for his JoyOS port to the Galaxy Mini, from which I took inspiration to port JoyOS.
  • To various people from the Atrix 2, Ace and Gio forums who provided ideas to fix bugs on this release.
  • To the XDA Search Bar, without which I could never have fixed some bugs on this release.
  • My muse, who encouraged me and provided insightful ideas, however unwanted they may be.
  • And finally to deathn0tice01, aka Alan, duduaxe, bumslayer, Amal Das and a few others who helped me indirectly during this whole process.

Screenshots for Alpha 1.1.4:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gadgetroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gadgetroid Ad-Free
9th April 2013, 05:05 AM |#4  
Flag Kırklareli
Thanks Meter: 315

More
thanks man! will try n report later. downloading now
edit: i installed it to my device. its succesfully booted. no fcs on any app. wifi working with drivers. no screen glitches with egl drivers. i loved its look. its fast and no lags. only problem is music and gallery dont show media. but in screenshots they shows media. why?

Galaxy Pop Plus'ımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi.
9th April 2013, 05:51 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mysore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by burak144

Okay. Try and report, since I don't have the device myself. I think it's enough to boot. If you get any FC's of com.process.acore, tell me, I will provide fix.
9th April 2013, 06:53 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mysore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by burak144

edit: i installed it to my device. its succesfully booted. no fcs on any app. wifi working with drivers. no screen glitches with egl drivers. i loved its look. its fast and no lags. only problem is music and gallery dont show media. but in screenshots they shows media. why?

WhiteXP's build has problem with media scanning. It works on PhyscoGame's build on the Young forums. The screenshot's folder show because you took the screenshots. Try Meridian Player for media scanning. Reported to work on White's build.
The Following User Says Thank You to gadgetroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gadgetroid Ad-Free
11th April 2013, 05:46 AM |#7  
Flag Hue
Thanks Meter: 231

More
Ur kernel hv which feature??
11th April 2013, 06:54 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mysore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissingmylove

Ur kernel hv which feature??

It's not my kernel, but by PhyscoGame. Kernel has been updated to 2.6.35.14. RFS and FSR partitions are removed (IMEI data still intact) and the whole system has been formatted to ext4. The end result is that we get a very smooth kernel to run CM7/9 on. But it won't work with all the ROMs because of the RFS and FSR. The kernel can be found here.
11th April 2013, 12:15 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mysore

More
Updated OP with information and changelog of Alpha 1.1.4. Download link for Alpha 1.1.4 should be up by 0000 hours IST, i.e., in about 10 hours!
11th April 2013, 12:49 PM |#10  
Flag Hue
Thanks Meter: 231

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetroid

It's not my kernel, but by PhyscoGame. Kernel has been updated to 2.6.35.14. RFS and FSR partitions are removed (IMEI data still intact) and the whole system has been formatted to ext4. The end result is that we get a very smooth kernel to run CM7/9 on. But it won't work with all the ROMs because of the RFS and FSR. The kernel can be found here.

It is kernel of sgy
It wont boot tassve
11th April 2013, 04:00 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Mysore

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissingmylove

It is kernel of sgy
It wont boot tassve

Yes, it's only for totoro. Not for tassve.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)