FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY] CWM 6.x - i9500 Ex#2

1,862 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,520

By emwno, Senior Member on 9th April 2013, 10:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey, I bring to you, Clockworkmod Recovery or commonly known as CWM for your beloved i9500 (S4). Giving your device the ability to flash your favourite custom ROMs, Kernels, Mods in the future. Thankyou to 'as i9000' for giving me the stock recovery and stock boot.img. As you can see, it works:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuap

Hey! I can confirm that it works flawlessly on i9500. No Bricks, instalation went smooth, boots to CWM without problems. Gonna post some more details later. See ya!

This has not been tested by me but is reported to work, but is still experimental. I hold no responsibility
for any problems caused. YOU! Are trying this at your own risk. Don't blame me that I wasted your $700.

Put a scare in you didn't I?
I have provided CWM and the stock recovery if you encounter any issues, you can always flash back. It is Odin flashable.

Downloads:
CWM Experimental #2: http://d-h.st/jca
Stock Recovery: http://d-h.st/1OW

Changelog:
Code:
Experimental #2
Mount partitions fix
Backup / restore directories fixed^
Now with touch

Experimental #1
Public release
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to emwno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift emwno Ad-Free

10th April 2013, 12:57 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 843

More
Thank you. I have always preferred to use CWM for custom recovery. By chance, are you planning to release a i9505 version of CWM. I'm sure one will surface as soon as the official phone release or as soon as the forum splits, but I thought I would ask just in case. Again, thank you.
10th April 2013, 06:30 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Islamabad

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott14719

Thank you. I have always preferred to use CWM for custom recovery. By chance, are you planning to release a i9505 version of CWM. I'm sure one will surface as soon as the official phone release or as soon as the forum splits, but I thought I would ask just in case. Again, thank you.

Yeah I can build for it too. I just require the stock recovery img and thr stock boot.img
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emwno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift emwno Ad-Free
10th April 2013, 12:29 PM |#4  
Flag 台灣
Thanks Meter: 1,135

More
After trying TWRP i don't want to come back to CWM anymore.
10th April 2013, 12:53 PM |#5  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thanks! Gonna try it today and give you info if this works!
The Following User Says Thank You to Acuap For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Acuap Ad-Free
10th April 2013, 01:12 PM |#6  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Treviso
Thanks Meter: 5,265

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emwno

Hey, I bring to you, Clockworkmod Recovery or commonly known as CWM for your beloved i9500 (S4). Thankyou to 'as i9000' for giving me the stock recovery and stock boot.img
This has not been tested by me and is extremely experimental. I hold no responsibility for
any problems caused. YOU! Are trying this at your own risk. Don't blame me that I wasted your $700.

Put a scare in you didn't I?
Anyways I have provided CWM and the stock recovery if you encounter any issues, you can always flash back. It is Odin flashable.

Downloads:
CWM Experimental #1: http://d-h.st/MWE
Stock Recovery: http://d-h.st/1OW

Can i add your recovery in my tool?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9070 con Tapatalk 2
10th April 2013, 01:46 PM |#7  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hey! I can confirm that it works flawlessly on i9500. No Bricks, instalation went smooth, boots to CWM without problems. Gonna post some more details later. See ya!
The Following User Says Thank You to Acuap For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Acuap Ad-Free
10th April 2013, 02:23 PM |#8  
Flag Estremoz, √Čvora
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorg

After trying TWRP i don't want to come back to CWM anymore.

how long until TWRP is released for the S4 after it's released?

I've always used CWM or CWM-based, so this time I'm going to try TWRP
10th April 2013, 02:53 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Islamabad

More
Ill build that too. after CWM is fixed completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGbabasula

Can i add your recovery in my tool?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9070 con Tapatalk 2

sure
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emwno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift emwno Ad-Free
11th April 2013, 12:37 AM |#10  
Flag 台灣
Thanks Meter: 1,135

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUG313

how long until TWRP is released for the S4 after it's released?
I've always used CWM or CWM-based, so this time I'm going to try TWRP

TWRP is opensource. Technically, SGS4 is not much different from SGS3 (from TWRP point of view). So, it won't be a problem to compile for those who already has SGS4 and has experience with compilation.
11th April 2013, 05:54 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Islamabad

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorg

TWRP is opensource. Technically, SGS4 is not much different from SGS3 (from TWRP point of view). So, it won't be a problem to compile for those who already has SGS4 and has experience with compilation.

I dont think so. I have compiled twrp before many times and it has never worked like that for me. A device tree needs to be set up for the i9500 which im working on to compile twrp (maybe im wrong here)
The Following User Says Thank You to emwno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift emwno Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)