FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor CEO Thread

[Q] HTC Sync Manager and Outlook 2013 64-bit version

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By BushwalkerSP, Member on 10th April 2013, 09:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Trying to sync Contacts and Calendar with Outlook, but it fails with the following error: Unable to sync. Please reconnect your device. [1016]. I must point out that I can sync anything else like music, videos, pictures and bookmarks, but not contacts and calendar. Sync completes normally if those are not included. Here's the system info:
HSM version: 2.0.52.0
Outlook version: 2013 64-bit

I'm assuming that the problem is with the running of the 64-bit version of Outlook (the same as in iTunes), although the HTC web site is stating that the 64-bit version of the Outlook is supported.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

10th April 2013, 10:30 PM |#2  

More
yes, exact same problem. HTC say outlook 2013 not supported
11th April 2013, 12:14 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemaar

yes, exact same problem. HTC say outlook 2013 not supported

I've contacted HTC to find out, but according to their web site below it supposed to be supported:
http://www.htc.com/au/software/htc-s...on=Requirement
11th June 2013, 11:04 PM |#4  
Flag St Pete, FL

More
Same issue as well. I was hoping there'd be something on this.
15th July 2013, 01:19 AM |#5  

More
Possible solution...
Ran into the same '1000' error after trying to setup my music, pictures, and files to sync to Outlook 2007 (albeit 32-bit version). When I was doing this one of the last things I tried doing was setting up the 'Files' tab to sync my documents over to my HTC One. I didn't like the way it put the files on the phone, so I removed all the folders from the application. However, I failed to turn off the 'Sync documents from the following locations on this computer' checkbox. The next time I tried syncing (a few days later), I got the '1000' error. I tried doing lots of things, searching the web, to no avail. When I turned this option off (since there were no folders listed in the display), I was able to sync without receiving the error. I turned the option for the Files back on (again without any folders specified to sync), I got the '1000' error again. So now it's off and I've had no issues syncing since.

Hope this helps.
22nd August 2013, 08:18 PM |#6  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushwalkerSP

Trying to sync Contacts and Calendar with Outlook, but it fails with the following error: Unable to sync. Please reconnect your device. [1016]. I must point out that I can sync anything else like music, videos, pictures and bookmarks, but not contacts and calendar. Sync completes normally if those are not included. Here's the system info:
HSM version: 2.0.52.0
Outlook version: 2013 64-bit

I'm assuming that the problem is with the running of the 64-bit version of Outlook (the same as in iTunes), although the HTC web site is stating that the 64-bit version of the Outlook is supported.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I have the same issue. I can sync 'bookmarks' but not 'contacts' and 'calendar'. I'm not interested in sync other media.
on:
Windows XP 32-bit
Outlook 2007
23rd August 2013, 02:42 AM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badzi0r

I have the same issue. I can sync 'bookmarks' but not 'contacts' and 'calendar'. I'm not interested in sync other media.
on:
Windows XP 32-bit
Outlook 2007

The problem got fixed with the latest HTC Sync release (now 2.1.54.0). If it doesn't work with the latest release than it would mean that HTC does not provide backward compatibility with earlier versions of Windows OS or Office 2007. Check with HTC what is still supported.
23rd August 2013, 08:29 AM |#8  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BushwalkerSP

The problem got fixed with the latest HTC Sync release (now 2.1.54.0). If it doesn't work with the latest release than it would mean that HTC does not provide backward compatibility with earlier versions of Windows OS or Office 2007. Check with HTC what is still supported.

I have checked with the latest software update and didn't help. On the internet you can find that it's not depend on a platform because to many various times and configurations happened. Finally I have installed and done what I want using the Android Sync Manager WiFi. You have to google for newest executable version because homepage download is not working.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)