All steps below can be done directly from the device itself -- all you need is a file explorer and browser of your choice:
1) Download CWM for the Neo X5 here: http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/rk3066/
2) Download a CWM compatible pre-rooted ROM of your choice. Top contenders are:
a) Finless 1.2b: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...CWM-Minix-Roms3) Using a file explorer of your choice, move the CWM recovery zip that you just downloaded in Step#1 to the root of your /sdcard directory and rename it "update.zip"
b) Kirk out v1.6: http://minixforums.com/threads/rom-k...117-v-1-6.313/
4) You should now automatically be prompted to install the update using the system's stock updater process -- Accept the update.
5) Your system should automatically install the update and should automatically boot into CWM when done.
5a) (Optional) Once in recovery you can make a nandroid backup of your current stock rom.
6) Using CWM, use the options to install a zip for /sdcard and select the zip for the ROM you downloaded in Step#2
7) After installation is done, go back to the main CWM menu. Select "Wipe Cache" and then:
7a) Recommended: "Wipe Data". This will wipe all your apps and settings but ensure that it is a clean install.8) Reboot the system and enjoy. You should now be rooted with CWM installed.
7b) "Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache". This will preserve your data and is known as a dirty flash. It should work but there is always a risk of a bootloop upon reboot.
- Finless Bob and onelovekir for their ROMs
- leolas for his tutorial on how to create a flashable CWM zip
- petrus for applying leolas' tutorial to the Finless 1.2b rom so I wouldn't have to
- _fun for porting CWM to the Neo X5
- Minix for creating an awesome device