FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Good translation tools for android?

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By Mazy, Junior Member on 11th April 2013, 03:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've been searing for a good manual translation tool for android resource files (ie strings.xml).
What I found so far is:
Sequoyah, plugin for eclipse but non existant for Juno, so I have not tried it.
aiLocalizer, an external program written in C# (needs .NET framework, but I can live with that) but this messes up the xml. I would like the result xml to have the translations in the same order, and with the same inserted comments as the source xml.
MOTODEV Studio, discontinued.

I'm not looking for any online tool, but rather one that I can have locally and that helps me figure out which strings aren't already translated to the different supported languages.

Anyone has an Idea?
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mazy Ad-Free

13th April 2013, 12:21 PM |#2  
Flag Tyre
Thanks Meter: 979

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazy

I've been searing for a good manual translation tool for android resource files (ie strings.xml).
What I found so far is:
aiLocalizer, an external program written in C# (needs .NET framework, but I can live with that) but this messes up the xml. I would like the result xml to have the translations in the same order, and with the same inserted comments as the source xml.

I'm not looking for any online tool, but rather one that I can have locally and that helps me figure out which strings aren't already translated to the different supported languages.

Anyone has an Idea?

you can't translate only by a translator, because 70% it does grammar or vocab wrong. If you want to translate to a language, you need to ask a person. Just look at the thread in the same forum here
1st May 2013, 10:30 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 8

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

What I found so far is:

Anyone has an Idea?

I'd suggest crowdin or getLocalized, I can't put links yet, but you can look for them. They don't directly translate, but it helps the translation process and let professional translators access your work.
3rd July 2013, 08:12 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
App localizer
If you are looking for a great app translator, try Ackuna.com You can just upload your native files and get free crowdsourced translations of your content, or purchase professional translation by a single translator. When the translations are finished, you just download your file and all of the translations are right where they should be. No additional formatting or anything is required.
4th August 2013, 10:56 AM |#5  
Flag Sibiu
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Android Lint can help you too. It shows which string isn't translated.
16th April 2015, 02:58 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

What I found so far is:

Anyone has an Idea?

You should try the localization management platform POEditor.com
16th April 2016, 03:07 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
If you want to find a good application translator tool I recomment you this one:http://www.localizr.eu

Thats worked me fine

You can download this from Google Play:
http://play.google.com/store/apps/de....akos.localizr
21st April 2016, 10:40 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I'd recommend Crowdin too. It's a localization project management platfom and translation tool. You can order professional translators from their top vendors. Thier list of proven projects is quite impressive
11th June 2016, 11:52 PM |#9  
manisa

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

What I found so far is:

Anyone has an Idea?

Help general mobile 4gbecause root

Sent from my General Mobile 4G using XDA-Developers mobile app
10th September 2016, 02:49 PM |#10  

More
ty
8th November 2017, 03:43 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
How does the plan go now?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread