I decided to share some changes I made to the UI, mostly to the Lockscreen as I didn't like Moto's icons.
This is "take it or leave it" If you don't agree to the things I like, please do it by yourself or leave this package alone.
This is a CWM-package, install it from there. The package will replace framework-res.apk, SystemUI.apk
What I did:
- changed icons for new lockscreen (AOSP style)
- removed the silent switch
- removed phone and messaging shortcut
- removed the SOS icon
- removed the dividers
- new lockscreen circle
- reworked the music lockscreen widget
- changed blue gradient background in many apps to solid black (since v1.4)
- changed LED blinking rate from 800/3200ms to 500/1500ms
- 2 versions to flash: Notification LED in green (standard) or blue, see attachments
- removed the carrier label in status bar completely
- changed the GSM signal to standard Holo color (blue)
- reworked the standard battery icon to fit the blue of the clock, made it slightly smaller and nicer (especially the red battery icon)
- reworked signal cluster completely, no gap anymore between Wifi and GSM icon
Caution: Since version 2.0 there is no need to change MotCamera.apk anymore, so I left it out of the CWM package. If you flashed the old LockscreenMod and want the stock camera (with a new fancy blue icon, see screenshot!) back, just flash JB-Camera.zip in CWM, too. This must only be done once! Clear cache and dalvik afterwards.
If you never flashed my Mod before, you don't need to flash Camera (but you may if you want).
And please make a backup first, just for your convenience.
- found a nicer drag handle, added it in framework-res.apk
- changed notification LED blinking rate from 800ms/3200ms (ON/OFF) to 500ms/1500ms (unreceived calls, GMail...)
- reworked signal cluster in SystemUI.apk with new standard Holo icons, no gap between Wifi and GSM icon anymore
- smaller drag handle in lockscreen, finally found the standard one
- 2 versions: Notification LED in blue or standard green (for unreceived calls, messaging, GMail, ...)
- changed blue gradient background in many apps to solid black
- Changed Lockscreen circle to a half circle
- Completely rewritten unlock circle, just AOSP now, see screenshots!
- reworked music control, so that the circle fits in a whole
- since v2.0 you don't need to change MotCamera.apk anymore, read above!
- added a transparent music widget for v2.0-blue (date and carrier half transparent too)
- lock circle stays in same position now, regardless if music widget is active or not
- removed carrier label, so that lock circle is in the lower third (you can see carrier if you slide down status bar)
- full date instead of abbreviated weekday (Germany only)
- from now on I will only maintain the "blue LED/transparent widget" version, as I use it myself
- same as 2.1, but with a menu button instead of the recent button, see here: