FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE}How To Flash Stock ROM With RSD Lite

922 posts
Thanks Meter: 314

By huatz84, Senior Member on 12th April 2013, 03:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Do it at your own risk and read it carefully!

I combine the guide for ICS and JB flashing.

- Download the latest driver for Windows HERE and for Mac HERE.
- Download RSD Lite HERE.
- Download stock ICS HERE
- Download stock JB HERE
- You need to open the zip of the rom and find xxx.xml. Open it and notice line like . You should remove both lines to avoid error at flashing. Or you can download my modified xml for ICS HERE. For JB HERE. Replace your original xml.
- Install drivers and RSD Lite to your PC.
- Make sure your battery at least 80% before we proceed.
- Turn off your phone and press both volume keys and power on. You'll enter bootmenu options. Choose AP Fastboot by scrolling with volume down and volume up to select.
- Connect your phone to PC and your PC will detect and install the drivers automatically.
- Open RSD Lite and click ... beside filename. Browse to your ROM and double click it. A menu will popup and choose "uncompress and start flashing".
- It will start flashing once it finishes uncompressing.
- Sit down and relax.

If you want to replace stock recovery with CWM,you can do it by replacing THIS over the original one inside the zip. Thanks to skeevy420.

Note : You can't downgrade if you are on JB to ICS via RSD Lite. With an unlocked bootloader,you can do that with fastboot.

Screenshot added to second post. Thanks a lot to devilsking.
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to huatz84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift huatz84 Ad-Free

12th April 2013, 03:15 AM |#2  
Recognized Themer
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 1,020

Donate to Me
More
Ha ha. Finally U did it :P. and now I found an useful guide of how to flashing stock firmware :">. But it's better to add screenshots then make ur guide more clear so I will help u to finish it. Anw, Thank you bro

1. After download required files, open stock rom (*.zip) and you need to find the xml file with name of firmware:

2. Open that xml file with notepad (I recommend Notepad ++) and delete 2 get var lines then save it:

3. Open the fastboot mode (Turn off your phone and press both volume keys and power on then select by volume +, scroll by vomlume - or )

4. Open RSDlite, select firmware with edited xml and let it decompress then flash.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to devilsking For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift devilsking Ad-Free
12th April 2013, 05:09 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Binjai,North Sumatra

More
Nice,bro.. I'll edit my post and insert your pictures when I'm on PC. It will be better with pictures. Thanks,bro..

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to huatz84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift huatz84 Ad-Free
12th April 2013, 05:28 AM |#4  
Recognized Themer
Flag Hanoi
Thanks Meter: 1,020

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huatz84

Nice,bro.. I'll edit my post and insert your pictures when I'm on PC. It will be better with pictures. Thanks,bro..

Just write a note about screenshots in post #2 is ok. No need to re-insert pictures becoz it makes double contents :P
The Following User Says Thank You to devilsking For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift devilsking Ad-Free
12th April 2013, 05:43 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsking

Just write a note about screenshots in post #2 is ok. No need to re-insert pictures becoz it makes double contents :P

Added! Thanks,bro..

The Following User Says Thank You to huatz84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift huatz84 Ad-Free
12th April 2013, 05:52 AM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hot Springs
Thanks Meter: 3,058

More
To expedite things a bit, you could also add to the OP to change the md5sum of the fastboot's recovery.img and replace stock recovery with Epinter's CWM. Don't have Windows to test so I'm not sure if it'll work, but it should. That way they don't have to "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" afterwards.

md5sum=0437ea5bba4433c0e8387493afb821cd
Attached Files
File Type: zip recovery.img.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.63 MB, 11253 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skeevydude For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skeevydude Ad-Free
12th April 2013, 05:58 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeevy420

To expedite things a bit, you could also add to the OP to change the md5sum of the fastboot's recovery.img and replace stock recovery with Epinter's CWM. Don't have Windows to test so I'm not sure if it'll work, but it should. That way they don't have to "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" afterwards.

md5sum=0437ea5bba4433c0e8387493afb821cd

Thanks,bro.. so after replacing stock recovery.img,we'll end with epinter's cwm instead of stock? This is useful for those who don't want to do fastboot cmd things. I'll add it soon. I'm on my Photon Q right now.

12th April 2013, 06:02 AM |#8  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hot Springs

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huatz84

Thanks,bro.. so after replacing stock recovery.img,we'll end with epinter's cwm instead of stock? This is useful for those who don't want to do fastboot cmd things. I'll add it soon. I'm on my Photon Q right now.

Exactly.

That's what I was thinking.
The Following User Says Thank You to skeevydude For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skeevydude Ad-Free
15th April 2013, 01:50 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
HELLP!!!! pleace
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeevydude

Exactly.

That's what I was thinking.

Hello friend, I have a At & t AHD MB886 native JB. when I did a factory reset is hung up and when it starts motorola logo appears and then the screen goes black and does nothing enlightened, did hard reset, recovery, all you can do and the machine will not start. What I can do? the tutorial "How To Flash Stock ROM With RSD Lite" work??
15th April 2013, 03:32 AM |#10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Hot Springs

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedefenix

Hello friend, I have a At & t AHD MB886 native JB. when I did a factory reset is hung up and when it starts motorola logo appears and then the screen goes black and does nothing enlightened, did hard reset, recovery, all you can do and the machine will not start. What I can do? the tutorial "How To Flash Stock ROM With RSD Lite" work??

It should.
The Following User Says Thank You to skeevydude For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skeevydude Ad-Free
15th April 2013, 04:26 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
ok
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedefenix

achievement and time to install and works well, the only problem is that I connect to the wifi network, I will keep trying
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)