FORUMS

[GUIDE] Install apk without Filemanager/Internet

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By rsz.riz, Junior Member on 12th April 2013, 04:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Yesterday i flashed a custom ROM and it didnt came with a File Manager installed with it.
Only way to Install apk was to connect to internet and download one File Manager.
While searching foe alternative methods i found 3 ways to install an apk without a FileManager or internet.

So far i've founded 3 methods

ADB

Quote:

1.Copy the apk to an easily accessible directory eg. D:\name.apk

2.In ADB type adb install D:\name.apk

Done!

Terminal Emulator

For this method you should have terminal emulator installed on your device

Quote:

1.Open terminal emulator

2.Type su

3.Change directory to SD card cd sdcard/or your apk folder

4.Type ls to see the list of files in your SD card

5.Type pm install name.apk

Done!

Browser

Quote:

1.Open browser

2.Type file:///sdcard/name.apk

3.Done!

If you have any problems installing ask here.

If you know any other method tell me!
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to rsz.riz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rsz.riz Ad-Free
12th April 2013, 04:25 PM |#2  
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 689

Donate to Me
More
For browser method didn't know

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
13th April 2014, 10:28 PM |#3  
Flag Newnan, GA
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Another method here.

But first, some back story:
I integrated a system update using Titanium Backup on my coworker's tablet which broke the stock Google keyboard. This wouldn't have been a problem if poking around the recovery menu didn't also stupidly wipe the thing without so much as a confirmation. Yes, "Vol Up" = "Make Selection" instead of "Move Up" and there was no confirmation prompt so I accidentally picked "Wipe eMMC" and was immediately greeted with "Formatting eMMC." All I wanted to do was look for some cache clearing options and pressed Vol Up to *gasp* see if I could move UP the menu (Vol Down moves down and I expected power/lock to be "Make Selection").

Anyway, I had made a backup with Titanium Backup Pro when I first rooted his tablet (Verizon Ellipsis QMV7A) but it wasn't much use without a file manager and there was no way to use the browser or Play Store without a keyboard. There's also no ROM available, stock or otherwise.

The fix:
I didn't have a USB OTG adapter or a Bluetooth keyboard, but I did have my Galaxy Note 3 and the tablet did have Bluetooth. I paired them without needing the keyboard and initiated a file transfer to send a keyboard APK. It worked beautifully! I enabled alternate sources for APK installs, installed the keyboard, installed Titanium Backup, and was good to go! Of course, I then integrated it and a file manage into the ROM with Titanium Backup Pro.
16th June 2015, 09:39 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thumbs up you rock..!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsz.riz

Yesterday i flashed a custom ROM and it didnt came with a File Manager installed with it.
Only way to Install apk was to connect to internet and download one File Manager.
While searching foe alternative methods i found 3 ways to install an apk without a FileManager or internet.

ADB

Terminal Emulator

Browser

awesome..!! through browser is fastest way,,,! thx very much ,,i really appreciate that ..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to click70386 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift click70386 Ad-Free
20th February 2016, 12:21 AM |#5  
Flag Villavicencio
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Bluetooth keyboard
Thank you thank you thank you... I do have a Bluetooth keyboard but I didn't think on it until I read this... and my problem was, of course, reinstall the keyboard apk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe

Another method here.
The fix:
I didn't have a USB OTG adapter or a Bluetooth keyboard, but I did have my Galaxy Note 3 and the tablet did have Bluetooth. I paired them without needing the keyboard and initiated a file transfer to send a keyboard APK. It worked beautifully! I enabled alternate sources for APK installs, installed the keyboard, installed Titanium Backup, and was good to go! Of course, I then integrated it and a file manage into the ROM with Titanium Backup Pro.

The Following User Says Thank You to Aciago For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aciago Ad-Free
10th July 2016, 03:37 AM |#6  

More
Hi from France

(1 - sorry for my english then
2 - sorry too if the paths I indicate are not very accurately named in english as my phone menus are in french
3 - I did what follows with success on my rooted Kitkat (build .77) Z3 Compact)

!!! FOR XPERIA OWNERS ONLY AS FLASHTOOL IS A DEDICATED TOOL FOR THESE DEVICES !!!

So if you've got Flashtool installed on your computer, you can also install APK's without the Internet nor a file manager.
All you need to do is:
- on your phone, select "USB debug" mode in the "Developer options" menu (if not activated, tap 7 times on the "About the phone" line at the bottom of the "Settings" menu),
- still on your phone, allow the installation of unknown app in "Settings" > "Security" or "Settings" > "App" (depending of your Android version),
- connect your phone to your PC,
- then on your computer, launch Flashtool,
- once your phone is recognized, click on APK Installer (curved right arrow button: 5th button from the left),
- select the .apk file you need (notice that if stored on your phone, you can select the one you want -click ctrl for selecting several apps ; but if located on your PC, it seems that Flashtool won't let you choose the one you want and will install all the .apk files existing in the folder where they've been downloaded).

That's it, your app should be installed and working.
Not tested on my Mac (did it on my PC under XP SP3), but I guess it should be working all the same.
And as I said above, I did this on a rooted Z3C, so I don't know if it would work on an unrooted phone.
Hope this has been helpful.
Thank you to Joe from the french forum Phonandroid.

Areeyan
The Following User Says Thank You to Aryeean For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aryeean Ad-Free
27th September 2016, 11:10 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks!
1st January 2017, 03:35 PM |#8  

More
Is There any way to install apk without root and without adb using terminal..........
Is There any way to install apk without root and without adb using terminal.......... like pm install package.apk

Like this can we install apk by terminal without root and without adb

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsz.riz

ADB

Terminal Emulator

Browser

20th November 2017, 05:27 AM |#9  

More
No adb no browser nothing needed on this case .. You should be having the default- Downloads app right?
1 Go-to settings_storage_explore
2. Find the apk file use the copy option to copy it to downloads folder(cm 12 legacy xperia not able to open apk from this explore option)
3 launch the downloads and which is there as default
4 and open the apk from it

I found this more easy.
26th January 2018, 10:50 PM |#10  

More
I accidentally uninstalled my file manager and I'm planing to do a factory reset with my phone but if i do so I won't be able to install apps and my alternate es file explorer cause I don't have a file manager... So can you help me on how to re-install my apps after my factory reset?
7th April 2018, 06:05 AM |#11  

More
If you have email access you can email yourself an apk.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apk without market, install apk

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)