Dear friends this mobile users who were already giving up rooting your device ...
your problems are over!
After long research, I could find a forum that I am associated with the root of the XT389!
Tested and approved! 100% approved without any error!
Follow below correctly questions, please ask!
1) Download drivers for motorola XT390 and XT389 on the following link: HERE!
2) Install the drivers you downloaded in step 1, make sure your phone is unplugged during installation.
3) After installing the drivers enable USB Debugging in Settings> Applications> Development> USB Debugging
4) After step 3 connect the usb cable in the phone and the computer, the computer will recognize your phone and install drivers, wait until your computer recognizes all drivers.
The following software is Chinese and obviously is all in Chinese, to run it you will need to install a software called microsoft AppLocale (link here) How to install AppLocale on windows vista, 7 or 8: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t9iZ...ature=youtu.be
In Windows XP before running the Chinese application will need to install the East Asian languages: Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options.
5) Now we will download and install the software which will make root: HERE!
6) Installation is easy although it was in Chinese, giving just go next, the only option you have is to uncheck that option is checked at the end of the installation (it will start the program after installation and we do not want that because will give error.) Now that the program is installed, note that he created two icons on the desktop, an all blue and other colors of blue, green and orange.
7) Rename the icon for all bluish Romaster
8) Open AppLocale you installed just now, when you open click next.
9) an option will appear for you to select a file, select the shortcut to Romaster (all blue icon) that is on the desktop and click next
10) It will detect the language of the program automatically, just press next and then finish.
finish Clicking the following program must be open:
If you've done steps 1, 2, 3 and 4 correctly it will automatically recognize your device and it will sync with your handset right away. sync with the handset it will automatically install the control software on your USB device, wait until the program becomes as follows:
NOTE: The program will install a root or two apps necessary for root on your phone, you'll need at least 20MB free on internal memory.
11) At first tab in the program click on the link that is inside the red rectangle:
It will ask if you really want to start the process of root, just confirm by clicking on the esqueda.
During the root the following message will appear:
The root process will take a while and the phone will reboot several times (do not be alarmed), NEVER remove or disconnect the phone during the root process.
Wait for your phone to restart it stop start the system again.
12) After your phone have started normally, close the Romaster disconnect the USB cable from your phone
13) [Optional] Uninstall the app Chinese USB integration that was installed by Romaster Ready your Motorola XT389 is rooted. At the end of the install root checker to verify your phone is really rooted.
Note: After the unit is rooted not in any way disable the USB debugging or root will stop working and the system is unstable.
Original Link : http://xt389android.blogspot.com/201...13348790449516
Hope this helps.